31 minutes ago, wld427 said:

i guarantee you will not find another SLA mod like this anywhere. As with Project RACS i will be providing a complete OPFOR faction from the ground up, not just another reskin collection. 

That's nice!)) I suppose other tech's config (armor for example) will be adapted to RHS?

7 minutes ago, Pan Samogon said:

What is MiG-28?Is that fictional F-5E from Topgun movie?

I think they made a mistake writing this... Otherwise i'm requesting Tom Cruise model!:tounge_o:

M07.jpg

This? :P

edit:

jeez wtf im doing... trying to find info on never existed plane :P

mr.Mikoyan and mr.Gurevich turns inside his coffins... twice.

19 minutes ago, Pan Samogon said:

What is MiG-28?Is that fictional F-5E from Topgun movie?

it's classified...... i could tell you.... but then i would have to kill you....

• Like 4

As always, top-shelf stuff coming soon!  :)

I happen to have some more / different versions of some of that stuff... e.g. the BTR-60 w/ 2A42 cannon, etc. etc.  I need to touch base with you on whether those variants are PRACS-worthy or not.

• Like 4

that's exactly what always was missing in ArmA III even if RHS made its own great mods. 

good luck and I really can't wait! release date? please :soon:     :))

hope this new mod will be stable and won't have any negative effect on FPS and gameplay and will be stable as RHS 

15 minutes ago, pkmlover said:

that's exactly what always was missing in ArmA III even if RHS made its own great mods. 

good luck and I really can't wait! release date? please :soon:     :))

hope this new mod will be stable and won't have any negative effect on FPS and gameplay and will be stable as RHS 

It will be released when its ready, as an existing forum member you should know asking for updates is considered spam. Don't do it please. 

• Like 2

BTW - while drooling over the very idea of SLA in a contemporary enviroment, I thought of something: perhaps you'd want to make things a bit less generic - say an RM-70 from A2 ACR instead of standart BM-21 and DANA SpGH from same A2 ACR as the self propelled arty.

Kind of DDR NVA style. And that stuff's already there. )

• Like 1

I gotta say, I really dig the blurbs about the history of each vehicle and the events. Do you plan to make that a regular thing with each unveiling or was it a more, spur of the moment thing? Great writing besides, and all of the vehicles look great, as do the infantry. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, blackmamba992 said:

I gotta say, I really dig the blurbs about the history of each vehicle and the events. Do you plan to make that a regular thing with each unveiling or was it a more, spur of the moment thing? Great writing besides, and all of the vehicles look great, as do the infantry. 

Thanks man! Glad you're getting a kick out of them!

Well, they started as a spur of the moment thing, but the reaction has been really good, and they keep the boss motivated, so it's only right I continue as the forces flesh out, eh? I want to do them regularly as certain aspects of the mod are built up/finalized, but I can't guarantee the schedule will be super consistent, with college, work, and all. That said, expect the next one fairly soon™, just... waiting on a few toys.  ;)

• Like 5

11 hours ago, hcpookie said:

I happen to have some more / different versions of some of that stuff... e.g. the BTR-60 w/ 2A42 cannon, etc. etc.  I need to touch base with you on whether those variants are PRACS-worthy or not.

Don't forget about coaxial AG-17 :P

it'll be awesome!!!

btw it's very widely used and especially in Ukraine 

2b9.30747.jpg

2B9 Vasilek (Cornflower) is an automatic 82 mm gun-mortar  mounted on MTLB 

personally me I've seen MTLB in action and this vehicle is really true beast especially during offroad . mostly people knows only MTLB+ZU-23-2 , but this vehicle can have a lot of other equipment mounted 

• Like 2

SLA Forces Spotlight
“The Sukhoi Steamroller”
Welcome to another PRACS SLA unit spotlight! Today, we’ll be looking at the close air support options available to SLA forces, in the form of two iconic Sukhoi aircraft.

1BD0FB38D350AE1DA4128C5C84876A6DF122C273

What Is It?
The SU-22MK “Fitter-K” is the export version of the Russian SU-17 swing-wing fighter-bomber. Simplistic, rugged, and dependable, it has seen wide use in a number of air forces.

The SU-25 “Frogfoot” is a single-seat, twin-engine attack aircraft of Russian design. Similar to the American A-10, it is notable for being able to carry a large quantity of ordnance and for its initial inception as a dedicated tank-hunter. Armored, stable, and solid, it can loiter in hostile airspace and provide on-call fire support to ground forces at a moment’s notice.

A486ECE2196A7BFEE648F458549376195DA843A1

In SLA Service
By now, it should be apparent that the modern SLA is as much an extension of the old SLA’s successes as it is a reaction to the old SLA’s failures. After failure in the 2006 invasion of the Kingdom of Sahrani very nearly lead to the collapse of the Republic, there was nothing in the forces of the SLA that wasn’t up for review, not a single institution that wasn’t picked over. Nothing, it seemed, remained sacred in military doctrine- save for one stalwart.

3122ACE839A9D50CD8477590E8D3000235ECFA4B

If there was one thing the Army Air Force knew was worth preserving, it was their CAS aircraft. Though they saw little use in the 2006 invasion, the SLA was well-equipped with squadrons of SU-25 and SU-22 fighter-bombers at the time, and the reticence to commit them to a fight where it was assumed (wrongly,) that they wouldn’t be needed was seen as one of the great failures that ultimately lead to capitulation. After the war, the Republic knew such mistakes would not be repeated.

D3AFB5EFA3D5F8618D63D1CDFE1AB60631B3A210

If the SLA ever went to war again, it would be beneath a steel dome of attack aircraft.

Features and Use In-Game
As any good commander knows, troops with close air support are bound to be happy troops. And when it comes to the Army Air Force of the Sahrani Liberation Army, you couldn’t ask for better CAS options than these!

D951B45E2095B0C92CE490BFFCB5BD4221E146FA

The newcomer to the faction is actually quite long in the tooth. The SU-22MK is a direct descendant of the first swing-wing aircraft to serve with the VVS, and boasts updated avionics and an ability to carry modern weaponry. Given its increased payload over the likes of the MiG-27 and the stability of the platform, it is an aircraft well-suited to supporting the men on the ground for however long it takes. To this end, it comes with a wide variety of loadouts; everything from masses of dumb bombs to rocket pods, air-to-ground missiles, and just about anything else you could want to kill someone deader than dead with are well-represented!

A9C4F11AC49B9B31AFB91A27B368CF7C6BE89394

Of particular note are the two specialized roles the “Fitter-K” can fill. The first sees the aircraft equipped with anti-radiation missiles and turns it into a dedicated SEAD bird. With the new radar functionality introduced by the Jets update, the hope is to make these missiles act as they’re intended to, giving SEAD a real value in a game where it has traditionally been overlooked for more ‘glamorous’ roles.

725E4637C51822280EFC213E4503EDC641F906D0

The second specialized loadout is my personal favorite. Equipped with RBK-500-ZAB incendiary cluster bombs, this variant can turn verdant fields, peaceful villages, and anyone unfortunate enough to be nearby into one big fireball!

02A48751EA1DFF592840480C34C48DEFD14AF1CE
(Including the cameraman, if he isn’t careful…)

The Fitter’s big brother is a bit more familiar, but has its own unique twists. Where the SU-22MK is suited for tearing lighter targets to shreds, the SU-25 is an absolute sledgehammer; it’s here to do one thing and one thing only: cracking open anything the -22 can’t!

BF58061D46D0723317062F1C2E2856CA12127A51

Big missiles with big warheads, cluster bombs, HEAT rockets: if it can turn a tank into a pressure cooker on the spot, the SU-25 has it. Neither aircraft are what you’d call “subtle,” but if the SU-22MK is an axe, the SU-25 is a chainsaw.

Both aircraft are sturdy tools that will serve well in the kit of any revolutionary warrior, and they’re sure to be a blast wherever you field them!

Until next time- Viva la revolución!

• Like 15

A bit late, but as to this "MiG-28 TG" I'm hearing about..

MiG always designates their aircraft with odd numbers (and, for this reason, War Thunder similarly numbers their updates.) IN the last 30 years or so, the MiG-28 has been a designation used by fiction writers and movie producers as a means to get a around a plot hole (like not being able to source any MiGs for Top Gun, so they used the F-5 Tiger II instead,) or to create something original, unique.

On 1/23/2017 at 5:29 AM, Rayko said:

This mod could be as an opportunity to bring some retired ussr tech and it will be great if you will use some new models like btr-152, btr-50, pt-76 tank, mi-4 heli...

Bmp, btr60 - it's all nice but we have this in RHS-CUP-Everywhere.

This MiG-28TG is your "something unique." The designation is known for three primary roles:

1. MiG-28D "Finback" fighter in the novel "Quiller." Described as a modified MiG-25 Foxbat with "sharper intakes and swept wings." That means that it would be even faster than the MiG-25, and have an even worse turning radius with reduced payload. Nah, thanks.

2. The MiG-28 is the primary hostile aircraft in the movie Top Gun. It a blacked out F-5 Tiger II, with a red star on the tail. According to the audio commentary for the movie, they are North Korean, but this gets cut from the final version of the film. Interestingly enough, the final version DOES mention that the aircraft were armed with French Exocet anti-ship missiles. There is not a MiG in service with any country (except, possibly, Iraq, but this is extremely doubtful) that can fire the Exocet, and neither can the F-5, but what the hey, its a movie.

3. Finally, there was a MiG-28 in the ABC show "Supercarrier." Supposedly a secret spoopy spoopy stealth fighter, it was simulated by a USAF Aggressor F-16 in the show. The F-16 is one of my favorite aircraft of all time, and the most capable single-engine fighter ever built, but that's a another story all together.

In my personal view, none of these renditions serve the SLA very well at all, which leads me to believe that this new MiG-28TG will be completely original. I'm looking forward to this.

Flippin awesome write up cannon.... nice work as always....

Sahrani forever!!! no matter what faction it may be... :don11:

• Like 3

Too bad this will surely take longer then a week to release (obviously) as Cannon's "stories" makes me want to do a short movie about that stuff for the BI's video contest :drinking2:

But take all the time you need - ill probably do it later anyway when 'dis gets out :evil:

• Like 2

gorgeous work on the textures ! they look beautiful

• Like 3

Regarding MiG-28, there's just one problem with all the above examples. There's reason why MiGs were always odd-numbered, and that reason is that Mikoyan and Guryevich always made fighters. In Soviet/Russian aircraft designating convention, an aircraft named MiG-28 would be a bomber. It could be a sort of attack aircraft, but dedicated CAS airplanes such as Su-25 are also odd numbered, so it would have to be designed as a bomber from its inception (even if it does end up serving in attack role). The only even-numbered MiG ever was the WWII-era MiG-6, which never went beyond planning stage.

• Like 1

Amazing work guys! I hope you´ll find the time and interest to continue with the RACS in the same way!

• Like 2

looking at these mods is like looking at food when you're hungry as hell! 

I know how does it feel when you try to make a mod 

I am so thankful to all of you guys who give endless effort, time and nerves for this awesome mod

• Like 4

a much needed revival for the revolucion! long live Sahrani! down with the capitalist "kingdom"

in all seriousness. this is awesome! cant wait for the release! especially the new vehicles this and the PRACS mod is gonna bring. 

• Like 3