isenhand

Objects that move by themselves

Objects placed on map in terrain builder end up in a different position when I pboproject to create the terrain for ARM 3.

Some objects sink in the ground, others rotate out of position. Some just seam to shift a bit in relation to the terrain.

Why and how do I stop it from happening?

More  Information would be usefull.

Are you using a3 objects? and did you have your pdrive/tools content up to date?

It sounds like your templates properties arent setup correctly. Temp folder cleared?

<< using a3 objects >>

I think the ones out of position are not A3 objects.

<< pdrive content updodate? >>

Yes.

<< like your templates properties arent setup correctly. >>

Is that something I can fix?

Are you using Bulldozer, Eden editor or x-cam? If's its Eden, it don't import rotation well. Same with x-cam you have to choose absolute when exporting then do file import object and choose that option as well.

If they're piers or part on water/land then they do drop in height on import slightly, sometimes they slide a bit.

Fix them up with Buldozer is all you can do, also depending on your map size, objects in the North-East can move more than objects in the South-West, this is because bottom left is 0,0, the values get higher and exporting isn't always 100% accurate with large values.

I created the terrain in terrain builder.

After I created the terrain I saw the lighting wasn't good so I redid that in the config file. After doing that, the buildings that had sunk into the ground appeared correctly!!!!