lightspeed_aust

Original Ghost Recon Campaign - Released!!

On 23/02/2017 at 11:42 PM, lightspeed_aust said:

Steam id?

Corporal_Lib (that´s what my Steamworkshop page says lol)

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981406053/myworkshopfiles/

I forgot you can keep missions (and workshop itens as a whole) private and send invites for selected people... here you go ;)

I can even test the performance right now, cus I´ll get a new PC by tuesday, till then I can see how those missions flow on a 5 years rig =)

Cheers!

I just dropped mission 5 for beta release - if you're an original GR lover - this is the masterpiece - Castle Night - Witch Fire.

but you can't have it yet - beta testers to run through it but it's really close and having run the mission myself it is sweet!

• Like 1

Mission 6 - Paper Angel - in beta testing - a classic GR stealth mission - sneak straight through the middle of armor and patrols to demo a bridge. Good luck!

• Like 1

6 missions appear to be good to go - working on mission 7 - Dream Knife now.

• Like 2

Good news. Looking forward to yet another Ghost Recon reincarnation from lightspeeed_aust - whenever it's ready.

ah mission 8, Ivory Horn and yet another situation where AI don't know how to walk the docks.

so I found a new set of docks that they can navigate so moving stuff there - should still work out ok - actually the insertion is better than I hoped for so maybe it was meant to be.

• Like 4

I've been thinking that it is probably not worth using Winter Chernarus for 2 missions and without having any winter skins to use for the Ghosts or the Russkies. The closest for Ghosts would be UCP.

I would use a snow effect on the colder missions for ambience but no snow on the ground or trees.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, lightspeed_aust said:

I've been thinking that it is probably not worth using Winter Chernarus for 2 missions and without having any winter skins to use for the Ghosts or the Russkies. The closest for Ghosts would be UCP.

I would use a snow effect on the colder missions for ambience but no snow on the ground or trees.

Thoughts?

TPW mods has a script for snow even on summer themed maps... it´s a script so no need for extra dependancy (they discuss the snow on the 5 last pages of the thread =)

cheers

I don't personally think units in greenish camo gear look all that out of place on a snow map (depending on the objective...example, how long these units are supposed to have been stationed there), but whatever you go with is cool with me. I can see how it would be a tough call.

Think I will go with it, it's true to the original campaign and not a huge dload.

I think I can actually customize the Russkies too with some indy gear to make them look closer to the original.

• Like 2

Nope another change of plans - I can feel the mission making burnout setting in fast.

So to make sure I get this done and released I am going to settle on 8 missions - the last will be the docks (sub pens).

Apologies if you were hoping for more, mission making wears you down slowly so this is all I can manage for now.

I think it still captures the key points of the original campaign and certainly takes you back to the original in feel with a modern engine and graphics.

So will try to finish the beta for mission 8 by end of this week.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, lightspeed_aust said:

Nope another change of plans - I can feel the mission making burnout setting in fast.

So to make sure I get this done and released I am going to settle on 8 missions - the last will be the docks (sub pens).

Apologies if you were hoping for more, mission making wears you down slowly so this is all I can manage for now.

I think it still captures the key points of the original campaign and certainly takes you back to the original in feel with a modern engine and graphics.

So will try to finish the beta for mission 8 by end of this week.

NP mate. You've arleady done so much. Above all, mission building has to be fun.

BTW what's your verdict on GR Wildlands?

And how does it compare to A3?

Well it's not GR.

At its core it's like every typical open worlds a la GTA V.

The SP AI are the worst you will find in any game.

Its fun in coop, more like funny fun as hard as you try to be tactical. Funny shit just happens at times. Very unGR in that respect.

But it's a big game with a huge world to explore so enjoyable to play. Time will tell whether it just becomes a grind.

Still no game out there for me that rivals the original Ghost Recon and Arma series. Maybe that's why I keep building a combination of both. :)

• Like 4

On 09/03/2017 at 0:35 PM, lightspeed_aust said:

The SP AI are the worst you will find in any game.

Wow, there's a lot of competition for that distinction (to use a somewhat oxymoronic term).

On 09/03/2017 at 0:35 PM, lightspeed_aust said:

Still no game out there for me that rivals the original Ghost Recon and Arma series. Maybe that's why I keep building a combination of both. :)

I agree, the first releases in the GR series were great. My interest in the franchise died with GRAW. Despite the annoyances, ArmA remains by far the best game I've ever played, so your GR reincarnations will always be very welcome.

You've been so patient so here is an WIP trailer for the campaign thanks to my mate Wombat -

• Like 3

I can't wait for this. :)

Quick question. One mission design decision that sometimes kills otherwise good experiences (for me), are when mission makers don't put a medic in the squad. Obviously this matters less if the completion time is supposed to be brief. But anyway...

Is there going to be revive in this, or a medic on the team, or any method of fully healing? I'm not a particularly good player which is why I ask. I plan on playing alone with the AI and not with any other humans, if that makes a difference.

Yes to Medic and using Psycho's revive.

SL can perform a couple of revives which should be reserved in case Medic goes down. Other than the 2 SL heals, only Medic can heal.

• Like 2

About 3/4 done with Mission 8, it needs more fireworks for the finale. :D

Seems to be coming together well.

• Like 3

Fireworks are done. :) Objectives working. Just need to place AI and we're ready for beta testing.

• Like 3