lightspeed_aust

Original Ghost Recon Campaign - Released!!

Its often the little details that count.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Once my squad plays it in COOP, I'll try to record it and share it with you all.

I ran mission 2 again last night. I made it out with 3 ghosts and the pilots. Demo objective not completed. Feels like OGR to me. :)

• Like 1

Mission 3 - revised to 6 Ghosts and I just got hammered several times in a row.

Previously I could complete it after getting to know it but I think I'm having a bad day.

However, the mission difficulty is OGR difficulty so it's perfect.

Do everything right and use your Ghosts carefully and you'll get through this - miss some key AT rounds as per the original and you're going to fail.

Definitely feels like the original mission even though I couldn't use railway bridge - but you'll know once you enter the mission.

• Like 2

I'm in to Mission 4 now, Embassy, just had first run through. The challenge with this map is the AI, they just get lost at times so I will have to figure out something to control them.

• Like 3

I'm in to Mission 4 now, Embassy, just had first run through. The challenge with this map is the AI, they just get lost at times so I will have to figure out something to control them.

Glad I've done more testing on this mission - it's shithouse with the way the AI perform, or don't perform I should say.

I will relocate an objective on the map and see if they cope better.

• Like 2

Thanks mate, I like sharing the journey and providing some insights as to what it takes to bring it all together.

• Like 3

Ok just redid a couple of the mission objectives on Mission 4 to take an area out of play ( I won't tell you bcoz it will give the location away). The AI are completely incompetent in that particular area so I have moved objectives away from it and just ran a test on 1 objective - very positive! Second one needs some tweaking, and I've added a 3rd objective to use a bit more of the map providing many more ways to complete the objectives.

Shaping up nicely, and definitely true to the original mission.

And every mission I play confirms that 6 Ghosts is the right number.

• Like 1

Had a funny moment today....

Objective to clear the square so that some VIPs could evac the hotel. 

So I move to take out a tank cruising down the street,  perfect SMAW round into its tail pipe. Tank explodes as it happens next to the hotel, two seconds later, hotel collapses to the ground. :D

• Like 3

So some pretty heavy testing on Mission 4 today - it's getting there - still AI movement issues, they kinda get tangled up with the buildings but if you stick to the main roads they seem to manage ok.

Lots of possibilities to get caught in cross-fire as you try to move through the city so have to take it slowly.

I've had to make cut the view distance down to 500m - that's all you'll need anyway for this mission - it should make it less laggy as you move through the city.

All in all, it feels like a good embassy map.

• Like 1

Very frustrating map to work on, but it's almost there. Maybe it's my rig but that city with AI seems to throw some lag spikes.

I will get it done but I don't think I'll ever be 100% happy with how this map plays out.

5 minutes ago, lightspeed_aust said:

Very frustrating map to work on, but it's almost there. Maybe it's my rig but that city with AI seems to throw some lag spikes.

I will get it done but I don't think I'll ever be 100% happy with how this map plays out.

What map are you making it on and what are your specs?

Chernarus.

Rig should be able to handle it so could be something else causing occasional spikes. I'll send it to you for testing soon.

8 hours ago, lightspeed_aust said:

Chernarus.

Rig should be able to handle it so could be something else causing occasional spikes. I'll send it to you for testing soon.

<3

Ok good news - I ran Mission 4 twice again tonight and completed it both times.

Very few lag spikes, I think mainly when zooming while moving through the city.

I worked out that putting the squad into 'Crouch'  'File' formation and 'Hold Fire' was the best way to move them together. I would then make them 'Stop' when I wanted to recon, and finally, set new formation, 'Regroup' and 'Open Fire'.

Pretty happy with the mission now - 4 objectives to complete and many ways to skin the cat so it's quite enjoyable. 

• Like 5

Mission 5, the map that inspired me to do this campaign - just ran successfully.

Castle at night, it's such a great map with multiple entry points and having to check high and low as you enter the castle tunnel.

Played well already, just a few tweaks really.

It occurred to me that I play all the missions as Invincible so would have to be extra cautious in the real mission lol.

• Like 3

Im going to run some quick tests tonight without the invincibility and if I survive I will hand off missions to beta testers.

• Like 1

OK so I ran the first and second missions - first is really a warm up just to get you into it - things get more difficult as the Russians get involved later on.

First mission took some hits but managed to stay up and get patched up.

Second got nailed in one test but second I made it through ok - things can turn ugly fast if you don't take your time.

Got through the second run but lost 2 Ghosts from one of my frags :( and both pilots out safe.

Alex I need your Steam ID to add you as friend and will put them up for you to test.

18 minutes ago, lightspeed_aust said:

OK so I ran the first and second missions - first is really a warm up just to get you into it - things get more difficult as the Russians get involved later on.

First mission took some hits but managed to stay up and get patched up.

Second got nailed in one test but second I made it through ok - things can turn ugly fast if you don't take your time.

Got through the second run but lost 2 Ghosts from one of my frags :( and both pilots out safe.

Alex I need your Steam ID to add you as friend and will put them up for you to test.

I will PM you my steam account

Again thank you so much for letting me test this :)

Just an FYI, i had two white knuckle moments playing the second mission last night. True GR experiences are measured by white knuckle moments so this is a huge tick for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lightspeed_aust said:

One more tester out there?

Carnaval hollidays from friday till wednesday... I may have plenty of time for a through test of these 5 missions (and I´ve tested the first campaign - found the loadout bug with CUP mixing with RHS lol)

Wink wink 

Cheers

53 minutes ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

Carnaval hollidays from friday till wednesday... I may have plenty of time for a through test of these 5 missions (and I´ve tested the first campaign - found the loadout bug with CUP mixing with RHS lol)

Wink wink 

Cheers

Steam id?

If you need another tester I'd be honored. Though I am wrapping up a first draft of a mission myself, but would almost certainly have some time this weekend.

My Steam ID is the same as here. No worries if you don't need anyone else. I promise no offense taken if Corporal Lib took the spot with you privately.