God of Monkeys

Can I set mod load priority?

Hi, I am my team's mod translator.

I'm curious question, like when I translate ACE3, I extract stringtable.xml out and translate.

When done, I pack these stringtable.xml into pbo and make a New Mod(Have @ folder), just like a patch and try don't change original pbo. :-) 

This work fairly well, but some time there will some loss word don't translate.
I guess might the original one and my translate one conflict, and my mod don't high priority than original one.

Can I set or write in config.cpp to adjust my stringtable.xml high than original one?

Thanks

As far as I know, the mods are loaded in the same order as they appear in the -mod parameter. Or if the mod has set dependencies, they're naturally loaded first.

If you have words missing recheck your stringtable.xml. I also updated our stringtable a few times and it ended up missing words/lines. I realized I mistakenly deleted the syntax that is needed in the stringtable in order for everything to show up. I would recheck the stringtable.xml with an old one and compare to see what is missing.

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc_1_27 said:

If you have words missing recheck your stringtable.xml. I also updated our stringtable a few times and it ended up missing words/lines. I realized I mistakenly deleted the syntax that is needed in the stringtable in order for everything to show up. I would recheck the stringtable.xml with an old one and compare to see what is missing.

Understood, I will check. :f:

I got "654wak654" answer  me on ARMAHOLIC.

He recommend me to write requiredAddons[] = {}; in my config.cpp.

It might be a solution to ensure my mod load after the required one, and let my stringtable.xml to overwrite original one.