Hi All.

Im creating a multiplayer mission where I want it to start with the players in a helicopter, and they get dropped off, and then the first spawn starts from there and then later on they have choices of new spawn points.  the problem I'm having is that when I select in the editor "select respawn position" I start in the bottom left corner (south west) of the map. Only when I take the the tick box off does the player start off where I have him in the editor.

Is there a way to have the player start in position you have him in the editor, (in the helicopter beling delivered) and still have selectable respawn points?

Its driving me mad a little as I only just looked at this and my mission is nearly finished.

I have tried on player init to put "this incargo heli1" but it still ends up in the middle of the sea.

As a background I have done everything in eden editor and no scripting, I don't know how to do that.....

Thanks for your help

James

I have the same question.  I can actually get the player to start in a helicopter for single player, but not multiplayer.

Use the description.ext property of respawnOnStart and set it to -1. This way the respawn scripts ( menuPosition ) are not run on initial spawn at start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably already figured it out but I had a similar issue. What I did was I piggybacked off of a "player present" trigger to disable the other spawn points until they got to that point.

More specifically, the players start in a helicopter so there's a respawn point there. I also had respawn points in two vehicles they would be using in the mission. The first task of the mission was to get to the vehicles (halo jump). Once they got to the vehicles it would complete the task (player present trigger around the vehicles linked to set task state module "succeed"). I also synced that same player present trigger to the two respawn modules for the vehicles. That way the vehicle respawn points wouldn't activate until the players got there. They could still respawn at the chopper but they'd be left behind without a ride so it's their fault for not paying attention.