HeroesandvillainsOS

[ALiVE, SP/COOP 1-20] Battle of Sangin [Insurgency]

lhNH7b8.jpg

US Special Forces assist Afghan National Army Commandos with clearing operations in the Sangin district of Helmand Province, Afghanistan.

This is a traditional ALiVE insurgency. The mission is designed is to replicate a long-term persistent campaign, going out on patrol, talking to the locals, clearing and holding towns, and destroying the enemy resources. For more insight on how to play, please read the "How to play" section in the mission briefing area. For a more in-depth analysis of what the bells and whistles of an ALiVE Insurgency entails, here is an excellent breakdown from the ALiVE wiki: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

Although solo play is encouraged, the mission should only be run in LAN or on a local hosted server, which allows you to save and load your progress. 

When I first picked up Arma 3, I was fortunate enough to have been invited by AuTigerGrad (AuburnAlumni on Steam) to join his group on his server. To this day, no other experience I've ever had in a video game has immersed me in the same way his British Steel mission has (link below). Battle of Sangin is a reimagining of that operation, reworked with the USMC in a lead role over the Afghan National Army and Police in anti-Taliban operations, and dedicated to AuTigerGrad for not only being the best ALiVE mission maker around, but for being a wonderful person and server host as well. 

Features include:

CAS and logistical support

Save and load your progress using the "server save and exit" option

20 player roles consisting of infantry and pilots

The full suit of ALiVE features including suicide bombers, IED's and VBIED's

The Muslim Call to Prayer

Ambient civilian traffic

Multiple bases and outposts to choose from for respawn

Headless client support

A shooting range with Virtual Arsenal

Intelligence on dead bodies

A civilian detention center

Vehicle and helicopter resupply points

Zeus Game Master for Admins

Mods:

CBA*

ALiVE*

Spyder Addons*

Community Factions Project*

CUP Weapons*

CUP Units*

CUP Vehicles*

CUP Terrains Core, CWA and Maps*

Sangin for Arma 2: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14455

Note: * means I'm subscribed to the Workshop version of the mod

Saving your progress: This mission uses a local saving feature, which is accessed in the esc menu and initiated by the "server save and exit" function. To continue your save, simply act as if you're starting the mission over again and your data will load automatically. To start the mission over, change the PBO name or execute "call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceClear" in the debug menu. This mission should only be played on a local hosted server, even if you're playing alone with AI. If you want to play the mission on a dedicated server, for now, unpack the mission, open the Data module, and change the local saving option to "cloud." 

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l57g82610r5ovbk/Battle_of_Sangin_CFP.hellskitchen.pbo?dl=0

Workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959751256

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, schaefer said:

AAAAhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Awsome!!!!!

Thank you. :hyper:

Edit.

Are you aware of this little Gem??

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32139

Might want to include it to?

(Sorry for my bad english)

Hey thanks! 

Yes I'm aware of it and think it looks amazing. Currently I let ALiVE handle the civilian spawning and at the moment, considering the ALiVE team is actively working on civilian behavior and additional civilian interaction mechanics, I can't integrate anything into the official release that might interfere with that, either now or in the future.

But by all means, give it a try and let me know how it goes!

Phronk is a cool dude and great mission maker as well. He has kindly allowed me to integrate *something* of his into my missions but I need to wait for him to finish it up. :) 

• Like 1

Oh. For anyone interested, I updated all of my missions (see my signature, and "The Contractor" as well) but don't feel right having like the first 6 posts in the User Missions area. Lol.

I'll update the changelogs here shortly but the download links are all current.

• Like 3

Hey H'nV

Thanks for this, looking forward to try it out!

Cheers

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gaZthme said:

Hey H'nV

Cheers

Cool. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, and this is directed at everyone, if you're a newcomer to Sangin in general, the map can be rough FPS-wise, even on very good rigs, so please keep that in mind. Sangin vets I'm sure can attest to this, but it's also pretty much the best map ever made and well worth the tradeoff! :)

This is one of several reasons why I recommend only playing this in LAN or on a dedicated server. Please do not even attempt to load this in SP.

Anyway, have fun dude and don't hesitate to ask if something isn't quite clear (not sure if you're new to ALiVE or not!).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gaZthme said:

Hey H'nV

Cheers

Oh, one more thing. Because I have headless client as an option for server hosts, to reveal your player roles in the lobby, make sure to click the BLUFOR tab. 

Sorry to update so quickly, but I discovered an error related to the new version of RHS. The error was probably harmless but I like things as clean as possible so I decided to squash it.

• Like 1

So there appears to be an issue with ALiVE persistence and the new Real Weather feature. While the ALiVE team investigates, I've decided to err on the side of caution and changed the weather back to the randomized "Arid" preset until further notice.

The mission has been updated, as have all of my other missions with the [Insurgency] tag, and "Oasis of Marah" as well, all of which have links in my signature.

I've added the Muslim Call to Prayer back to the mission since Spyder updated his mod last night. 

I've added it back to Prophet and Inshallah too, and so far so good, but it may need some refinements in those two. In this one we should be all set. I set it to spawn only in 4 of the major areas and sounds great and adds a lot to the immersion.

• Like 1

Hi

In all your works arma 3 at the beginning of the mission he tCTD by mistake file 73 PD3 Vehicles...

Any Idea???

Thank

@Mariscal1972 If you say this happens in "all of them," meaning this one and my 3CB ones (Prophet, Inshallah, etc), I'm going to assume the issue is related to you using an out-of-date version of RHS or Project OPFOR. I subscribe to the Steam Workshop versions for every mod that's hosted there because they are always guaranteed to be current.

Is the error message exactly the same for all missions? Can you get me the exact error (either by typing it here or posting a screenshot?)?

The mission 100% loads just fine for me. Either one of your mods is out of date, or missing. Please look again at the first post and use the exact mods I have listed and get the Workshop versions (I put a * next to the mods I use from Steam, which for this one should be all of them other than Sangin).

Make sure your Sangin is the Arma 2 version. The Arma 3 version of the map is different.

And make sure your Arma is 1.66 and on stable branch. I can not support dev branch or older versions of Arma.

Thank you!!

I am downloading the versions of the mod by the doubts.

My version is 1.64.

Great job!!!

PD: I will upload a screen

Don't worry about the screenshot unless you see any errors after updating your mods and game to 1.66. I wish I had the power to support old versions of Arma (trust me, I get it, some people like to hold off with updates). It's just literally out of my control.

All of the mods require 1.66 of Arma, and almost all of them were updated by their creators very recently.

Please let me know if it loads successfully for you after you get everything current. If not, I have an idea!

8 minutes ago, Mariscal1972 said:

This is the error in  Oasis of Marah

thump_9679066screen.png

My mods

RHS: 4.2

3CB BAF Equipamient: 2.0.2

3CB BAF Vehicles: 5.0.1

3CB BAF Weapons: 2.0.2

3CB BAF Units: 4.0.1

All your works is CTD...

Sorry for my poor english

Thank for your help!!!

On the Oasis of Marah page, please look closely at my mod requirements. It seems to me you are not loading Project OPFOR or are using an old version of Project OPFOR. And I do not use 3CB at all in that mission so please don't load it.

For Oasis of Marah, only use:

CBA

ALiVE

Spyder Addons

RHS USAF 

RHS AFRF

Project OPFOR

JBad Buildings 

Diyala Province, Iraq

Please make sure all mods are loaded and for now, don't load any other mods other than what I listed.

Obviously, Battle of Sangin requires different mods so please read the first page in each thread closely.

Please let me know if you can get one of these to load, and if possible, reply in the proper mission thread so I know which one you're trying (it'll be easier for me to help you that way).

If it doesn't load, please send me a screenshot of your loaded mods in the Arma 3 launcher.

Ok. 

Only charge mods for this mission???

My arma 3 is chargue all mod, the list es long...

Thank!!!

PD:  Project OPFOR  version 0.2.3 (Is OK???)

12 minutes ago, Mariscal1972 said:

Ok. 

Only charge mods for this mission???

My arma 3 is chargue all mod, the list es long...

Thank

Each mission will require slightly different mods. Even though I'm the author of all of the missions, look at them as different missions with different mod requirements.

For example, for Battle of Sangin, when you want to play that, only load:

CBA

ALiVE 

Spyder Addons

RHS USAF

RHS AFRF 

Project OPFOR

CUP Terrains Core

CUP Terrains Maps

Sangin for Arma 2

And nothing else. Then, when you want to play Oasis of Marah, in your mods line, place:

CBA

ALiVE

Spyder Addons

RHS USAF

RHS AFRF

Project OPFOR

JBad Buildings

Diyala Province, Iraq

And nothing else. Make sense? I'm not sure how new to Arma you are. The Arma 3 launcher in Steam allows you to save different mod profiles so when you switch between missions, you can quickly load just the required mods. So for example, download all the mods for everything, then in the launcher, select the mods you want to use for the one mission you want to play. Then in the top right corner you'll see an empty bar you can type text into. Type in a name for the mod profile (such as Oasis of Marah) and save it. Then, feel free to do it for other missions as well.

It makes it easy to quickly load up the mods you need.

In Arma, it is a bad idea to load mods in the launcher that you don't need for the mission you are playing. So for example, don't tick on the 3CB mods in the launcher if the mission doesn't require it.

It's perfectly ok if English isn't your first language. If what I'm saying is confusing let me know and I'll try my best to say it in a way you can understand.

There is clearly a problem with Project OPFOR, i have the same error, with T55, T34 and Landrover, all others things are working.

And also the same problem he have with the scenario "Inshallah" and "Prophet"

Looks like Project OPFOR is broken or something, and all scenario that use this mod too.

2 hours ago, rafy77 said:

There is clearly a problem with Project OPFOR, i have the same error, with T55, T34 and Landrover, all others things are working.

And also the same problem he have with the scenario "Inshallah" and "Prophet"

Looks like Project OPFOR is broken or something, and all scenario that use this mod too.

You're having the same problem too?

Where is your version of Project OPFOR from? If not Workshop, can you try downloading the Steam version for me and see if the errors go away?

@rafy77 @Mariscal1972

I just had confirmarion from a very well respected person in this community that Oasis of Marah is playing fine. He just PM'd me that he played for 15-20 minutes without any issues at all.

Please guys make sure your game is updated to 1.66, that you are on Stable Branch (not Dev Branch!), and that your mods are up to date, in a perfect world, from Steam Workshop.

@rafy77 I see in the Project OPFOR page your RHS is 0.4.1. You need to update your RHS's to 0.4.2. All of the mods need to be up to date (every single one) or the missions I make will not work. There is nothing I can do about this.