genesis92x

[CTI-COOP] Dissension

I am moving around the GitHub! I will be uploading another version shortly.

• Like 2

Yay !  New github now up .... thanks genesis92x !

Do you recommend we pull from that ?

Right, last night I tried the new version uploaded onto Github.  Lots of very nice improvements.

I played it for around 20 minutes, but left the server running for about 3 hours.  Lots of very good battles initially - plenty of action.  I like the compositions of vehicles that were spawned (although items on top of them (tent, rope etc) seemed to hover above them.  I recommend allowing your guy to spawn with just a pistol, as I normally have to wait until someone if killed before looting their bodies :)

After 3 hours I logged in as admin and saw that the FPS had dropped to 28-32 FPS (not a problem at all - my dedi is a 3.5GHz 16Gb RAM Win10 PC).  The sky was populated with friendly choppers and jets - wonderful to see!  I didn't see any ground vehicles however - perhaps they had all gone?

I noticed that one group had SIXTY people in it but that they weren't moving at all.  The arrows showing attack directions is useful but I didn't see too many groups moving.  Quite a few mines had been placed (a few on roads - NICE!)

Getting constant spamming error in mission.  This is with the newest of all Dissension (pulled from the Github today)

16:22:54   Error position: <VCOM_AIINGAMEMENU) then
{
waitUntil {!(i>
16:22:54   Error Undefined variable in expression: vcom_aiingamemenu
16:22:54 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Altis\VCOMAI\Functions\VCOMAI_EditMenuInit.sqf, line 56
16:22:54 Error in expression <Create = false;

while {true} do
{

if (VCOM_AIINGAMEMENU) then
{
waitUntil {!(i>

1 hour ago, kremator said:

Getting constant spamming error in mission.  This is with the newwest of all Dissension (pulled from the Github today)

You may have an older version of VcomAI in your USerconfig folder - I can do a check in the mission for this.

I'll check

EDIT:  My Aisettings file (in UserConfig) is from the 7th of September !

played a few hours on the test server last night :D loving the directions this is going good job.

the only major issues I was facing was every 20 seconds I would freeze for a micro second. 

Heads up for people jumping on the test server don't use @Athena - An Arma 2nd Screen Application it chews fps  Enabled: 23 Disabled: 45/60

The micro stutters are probably AI spawning in.  I can remember playing BattleZone and experiencing microstutters - was offputting.  I'm sure that genesis92x is able to smooth them out.

@genesis92x when you are far away from the action, do the AI cache?  Also is there a built in revive from close friendly AI, as I cannot find it.  Tried using Psychobastard's revive, but haven't been too successful so far.

EDIT:  Have updated my VCOM_AI and the error is now gone .... seeing this error now ....

17:33:46 File Functions\RankSystem\fn_LevelKilled.sqf [DIS_fnc_LevelKilled], line 59
17:33:46 Bad conversion: scalar
17:33:48 Wrong color format
17:33:48 Unknown attribute #003DAA><t
17:33:50 Error in expression <en {DIS_Deaths = DIS_Deaths + 1;};
if !(isPlayer _Killer) exitWith {};
if (_Kill>
17:33:50   Error position: <isPlayer _Killer) exitWith {};
if (_Kill>
17:33:50   Error isplayer: Type String, expected Object

Some feedback on latest version @genesis92x

I'm running the mission on a 3.5GHz 16Gig RAM Win10 Dedi server.  On spawn you join in the middle of the sea - and that doesn't change like before (where it takes around 15sec to relocate).  You have to press Esc and respawn manually.  Only then does it start the whole process.

Playing the game .... brilliant.  Lots and lots of action!  I love it.  In fact it is the only mission I'm playing at the moment.  Server FPS remains high now (48FPS!) constantly, even after hours of running.  I like the arrows showing where the push is - but would love more information coming from the commander (Team DESTROYER heading out to XXXX).  There is a good amount of AT around, which discourages bold moves  into AO, but rewards careful manoeuvre.  However on several occasions I've found other troops inside my vehicle (I know that this is part of VCOM_AI) but it would be good to only have MY AI inside MY vehicle!

I've encountered OPFOR troops rather than GUER militias sometimes and this is quite exciting!  Incursions by OPFOR really spice things up.

One issue that I had was of NOT being able to dismiss my group - the problem was that I had a tank when I logged out the first time, and on my return it was still there with my two other AI.  However I was unable to get them out of the tank as it was locked (I'm sure I never locked it)  On getting another tank, I wasn't able to refuel it at a petrol station - not sure why.

I've seen quite a few Static station? troops walking around, but never followed them to see IF they deploy - I HAVE noticed defences being deployed however!  Good job!

I tend not to see mines being deployed when I'm playing, but if I leave and return then there are there.

Keep up the good work .,... will be playing more and more as time goes on!

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, kremator said:

Some feedback on latest version @genesis92x

I'm running the mission on a 3.5GHz 16Gig RAM Win10 Dedi server.  On spawn you join in the middle of the sea - and that doesn't change like before (where it takes around 15sec to relocate).  You have to press Esc and respawn manually.  Only then does it start the whole process.

Playing the game .... brilliant.  Lots and lots of action!  I love it.  In fact it is the only mission I'm playing at the moment.  Server FPS remains high now (48FPS!) constantly, even after hours of running.  I like the arrows showing where the push is - but would love more information coming from the commander (Team DESTROYER heading out to XXXX).  There is a good amount of AT around, which discourages bold moves  into AO, but rewards careful manoeuvre.  However on several occasions I've found other troops inside my vehicle (I know that this is part of VCOM_AI) but it would be good to only have MY AI inside MY vehicle!

I've encountered OPFOR troops rather than GUER militias sometimes and this is quite exciting!  Incursions by OPFOR really spice things up.

One issue that I had was of NOT being able to dismiss my group - the problem was that I had a tank when I logged out the first time, and on my return it was still there with my two other AI.  However I was unable to get them out of the tank as it was locked (I'm sure I never locked it)  On getting another tank, I wasn't able to refuel it at a petrol station - not sure why.

I've seen quite a few Static station? troops walking around, but never followed them to see IF they deploy - I HAVE noticed defences being deployed however!  Good job!

I tend not to see mines being deployed when I'm playing, but if I leave and return then there are there.

Keep up the good work .,... will be playing more and more as time goes on!

Thank you for the great feedback - I agree that there needs to be a way to kick out units not in your group from a vehicle. I have redone the locking feature, I am thinking of changing the locking feature to simply kicking out units outside of your group. Or possibly another add action for this.

The delayed spawning should now be resolved as well, it was an experiment that did not quite work.

I also agree with more information about where the squads are moving to - The more interaction with the commander, the better.

I am glad to hear about the increase of server performance - I am adding more options to help tweak the experience on the server. With the addition of headless clients, we should see even more boosts (if a HC is available).

On 3/2/2018 at 9:35 AM, amonrada34 said:

good mission if it Works

That is why it's not 'offically' released yet. Also why the 1st page is not updated either. The mission is changing too quickly. Once I feel like the mission is ready for release I will request to have this thread locked and I will open a completely new one.

Oh one final thing .... the revive !  Is there an inbuilt revive into Dissension, as I cannot get it to work?  Noone comes to breathe life into my poor body!  Soldiers slowly dying on the battlefield is fine but the ability to rez players and their AI would be cool.

I keep checking the github everyday for updates, so that I can run the latest (and greatest) build.

Hey Genesis Sorry for the bump but is there any future planned updates for this mission or any other map support? 

I had a look at the GitHub and saw that its last update was 3 months ago. Is this the latest version? 

Yeah, unfortunately there haven't been many updates.  It has left my radar for a while.  Really enjoyed playing it too. 

I have only just found this recently as I was quite saddened that there had not been any kind of official CTI mission for Arma 3 still. While searching i stumbled across this and was amazed. I hope this is still being updated as I would hate to see this turn into another BECTI and get abandoned. 

Just check his YouTube chanel for news, he said he will release a new version in a few weeks.

There some sneek peek videos there with the new features (like custom player base).

Damn.  Forgot to check his YT channel.  Some really nice improvements!  Can't wait to play Dissension (with base building !)

All I can say is that Halo should not be so cheap as that will be something easily abused in PVP dying should have a lot more punishment especially with getting around the map. Also maybe the abilities like HALO should be researched by the commander for money the same for helicopter drops and things like that. vehicles as well to stop people from getting high-end equipment right from the get-go. I think the commander needs more progression from taking towns and not just being able to do everything fairly easily from the start. I know in the showcases you started at lvl 100 but does this also affect the abilities people can use? 

Dissension is meant to allow progression (from level 1 upwards) on each server.  @genesis92x hasn’t released an update of the mission but I’m sure that there are brilliant updates in his test version (just check the YT channel)

I like the fact (if you are a high level) to be able to use more complex functions - reminds me of Planetside (original one) where I could become a tier1 commander and have access to orbital strikes :)

I like that idea too. But I think being able to Halo jump to each town would be a bit excessive and op especially in a pvp match. But if it's something you get at a high lvl or it's fairly expensive so it can't be abused that would be better.

I am requesting this thread to be locked, due to me wanting to release the first public version.

I'd like to post it in a separate thread with updated information.

Thanks everyone for the help!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1