genesis92x

[CTI-COOP] Dissension

Something that wasn't touched on that I would think is interesting. Are their civilians on this. If not can we have a civilian presence and some option down the line for an insurgent commander. Not to sound to much like alive cause that's definitely not what I want. But I do like the thought of area relations with civilians. You kill too many civilians as collateral your relation goes down in the area. And get less resources as a result or chances of hostile civilians down the line. With that you would probably have to implement or create a script of run and hide for civilians so you don't have random civs running through a gun fight. Things that could make this interesting, an artillery commander may have poor relations well cause of the collateral damage caused by artillery if they assault a town. You can't have a town, city, or other assets on the terrain without anyone inhabiting it. 

Another thing I thiink would be useful is for those communities that use ace medical. If ace medical is loaded it uses that rather than the one in dissension currently. I don't know if it is already designed like that but if not it would be helpful to put in that check on the init.sqf 

hello,

tested with the last version from github : https://pastebin.com/ZtHtZCRp

First, boat transport is broken, the units despawn but no boat.

Second, the ai is deaf. They doesn't react to a firefight a block away (Ai vs AI). They only react if they see the enemy.

Third, the communication between allies is broken, no reinforcements from the allied groups or reactions from them.

Played only a bit but first thing I really like is the AI.  They move very well and vehicle mounting/dismounting looks good.  I love when they steal an enemy vehicle, very cool.  Awesome job.

I saw some factories in bottom left corner, possibly issue with it not being able to find a good surface around base.  I think having the AI Commander sort of broadcast things that he is doing may help immerse the experience more.  Also eventually a broadcast system that allows you to report enemy map activity to the AI commander and also the AI commander to relay spotted units from other AI in the field.  Better revive system but the BIS saves time.  I'd very much prefer most of your resources being spent on broadening AI capabilities so that the battle feels like a chess game where AIR, Sea, Armored, towing, bases, fortifications, urban CQC, ambushes, roadblocks, mine fields all feel like a all out strategy war.  The AI fighting on their own is key.. its nice to be in a big epic battle but one that feels authentic and full of purpose.

Hey Genesis I'm really interested in this scenario could you post an explanation on how to install and play the test build. I believe this will benefit the scenarios creation as it will allow more people to access the build meaning more bugs to be reported subsequently a more stable and successful scenario.

23 hours ago, joejoecrawley said:

Hey Genesis I'm really interested in this scenario could you post an explanation on how to install and play the test build. I believe this will benefit the scenarios creation as it will allow more people to access the build meaning more bugs to be reported subsequently a more stable and successful scenario.

Go to https://github.com/genesis92x/Dissension.Tanoa

Select "clone or download"

Select download zip

Extract the zip

Rename the directory in Dissension.Tanoa (delete the -master)

Copy the directory to C:\Users\%yourprofile%\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions

Launch arma 3 and host a server in lan

Select Tanoa and dissension 0.1

Select a slot and configure the parameters you want (like the RHS), parameters are in the upper right corner of the Window.

Launch the mission.

You can play with an other map if you change the .Tanoa in the directory name by the name of an other map.

Works with all big maps.

Better test with a map without islands because of a bug with the boats.

Thanks Erendil! 

The GitHub version is "as-is" and I post updates periodically as I make significant changes. While it's a GitHub version I don't really do much support on the forums due the nature of Dissension constantly changing still.

For instance: I am re-writing the commander code completely, I am changing the water transport boats into helicraft instead, and major optimizations.

So any reported bugs will already be irrelevant. 

As the project grows and gets closer to completion I will become more consistent on the forums about the mission :)

The test version of Dissension has been moved over to Altis at this point. I will start making more frequent post updates here on the forums as well :)

The first step will be revamping my original post as well...

A 24/7 server has been setup that has Dissension Altis loaded onto it. It currently only supports 12 people at a time, but has been loads of fun to play on with a bunch of you :)

Server Info:

IP : 68.232.160.85:2312

Name: [US - COOP/CTI] Task Force Ronin /Dissension Test Server

Discord Info: https://discord.gg/gxc2Wzy

• Like 3

Downloaded the very latest Dissension on Altis and have found that recruiting doesn't work.  Into group or into HC ends in AI committing suicide after about 10 seconds.

Also have found that there are certain types of AI that cannot ever be recruited.

As I normally play alone, could we get some 'living' AI please ;)

On 12/6/2017 at 9:51 AM, kremator said:

Downloaded the very latest Dissension on Altis and have found that recruiting doesn't work.  Into group or into HC ends in AI committing suicide after about 10 seconds.

Also have found that there are certain types of AI that cannot ever be recruited.

As I normally play alone, could we get some 'living' AI please ;)

Sorry, for living AI you need to purchase the "AI DLC" for only $49.99!

Yeah :) This is a problem, will see if I can fix it tonight. Thanks Kremator

• Like 2

AI recruitment is now working.  Still some troops that I cannot recruit but at least those I do recruit don't insta-die !

I left my dedi server running for a good couple of hours and was pleased to see the AI taking areas.  The commander is a little slow in re-tasking AI, but I'm sure that this will change in the future.

Thanks for the report kremator. After this week of working overtime I plan on working on Dissension as much as possible to push the project to a more completed state. I am currently working on re-doing the leveling/stat saving system.

The level system will be mostly for looks, but I am thinking of including a few passive abilities that are not too powerful.  A few ideas I currently have are having the ability to call in for airdropped ammunition in exchange for cash. Potentially an air-dropped unarmed light vehicle for transportation, and other random supplies that shouldn't change the course of a battle.

After that, it will be continuing with stability and more testing. If all looks well I am going to try polishing up the commander and then re-add in the commander personalities. That way each game should be much more dynamic and interesting (That's the fun part to code too).

After all that, time for a first 'public' release!

• Like 2

Tried the latest version (updated 14 days ago) and it seems a little better.  Keep up the good work !

thx very enjoyable mission.i played in editor and get couple of time this messages   'DissensionAltis.Altis\functions\cfgDisFunctions.hpp, line 158:'    

Since I've purchased the AI DLC, I had a couple enjoiable missions ;-)

Is there a chance to persist the state of the mission?

I'm not sure if its a config issue at my server or just a missing feature? But after a server restart a have to start over again.

Plz keep up the good work - together with the VCOM AI its a very immersive kind of mission.

The one DLC genesis tried to sell in december for 49,99 - better ask him you may get 2 for the price of one ?

tanoa mission - I Bought new group but all units died a couple seconds later...what the f...k

Good to see another update genesis92x !  I'm away for over a week, but will play it when I am back.  Keep up the good work !

• Like 1