genesis92x

[CTI-COOP] Dissension

5 hours ago, kremator said:

Psychobastard's AIS has been rewritten and although in beta, it is effectively as good as it will get (according to PSB!)  It is very much improved from the original and will replace BIS revive very well.

The workflow is great - just ask if there is anything that we (the community) can help with testing ... happy to help.

Tell me - is there a way to recruit ANY AI ?  Perhaps it is my low rank that is stopping me - but I've been solo so far :*(

I logged into my dedi after about 2 hours to find that my base had been overrun by enemies.  Where was my defence ?  I'm not totally convinced they were effective at repelling a few attackers (took me a few revives to kill them all!)  Oh and yeah .. that boat on the road was also nailing a lot of my AI.

Have you noticed AI going for a swim?  I've now seen several groups swimming out in the bay - not very clever of them :(

That looks like a fairly decent revive system - I can give Psychobastard's revive a try and see how it does :)

And currently there is no way to recruit AI. I want to fix up the leveling system and incorporate AI recruitment into that. I am thinking higher rank = more AI a player can recruit. AI commanders should be much more effective at defending themselves now :)

Annndd on occasion I see AI swimming, it is a mixture of bad waypoint placement and some scripts putting them into the water by accident.

• Like 1

Some points :

A team of 12 soldiers is worst than 2 teams of 6 as they are less responsive and stay too close to each other. They are killed faster by car's gun and small group.

It would be better to create sub group that can flank or act independently.

Could you check VCOMAI, the AI doesn't use the grenades like before. They only use them against vehicles, even after changing the parameters.

Same with reinforcement when a group is attacked. Even if an other group is close, the group doesn't react and continue to follow his waypoint.

Maybe a dialogue between the commander and the groups could be a solution :

The enemy attack a group, the group report to the commander who change his plan and send reinforcement to assist the group.

An idea : Commander xp, level and skills : a support commander could unlock new troops, upgrades and skills, like offmap artillery strike.

A more difficult one : sub commander :

The commander do the macro management like building and the main strategy then give missions to the sub commanders like capture a town.

The sub commander then ask for ressources to the commander and use them the buy troops (following his personality) and execute the mission using some strategies (full assault, flanking, bait ...)

The sub commander gain reputation which give him access to more ressources or soldiers for the next missions or priority to support (cas ...)

Could be like Hetman war stories.

Could you also make a github, so we could test in live if bugs are corrected

3 hours ago, genesis92x said:

That looks like a fairly decent revive system - I can give Psychobastard's revive a try and see how it does :)

And currently there is no way to recruit AI. I want to fix up the leveling system and incorporate AI recruitment into that. I am thinking higher rank = more AI a player can recruit. AI commanders should be much more effective at defending themselves now :)

Annndd on occasion I see AI swimming, it is a mixture of bad waypoint placement and some scripts putting them into the water by accident.

I think the AIS would be a great fit for Dissension (once we have the ability to recruit AI).  Even just one AI to recruit initially would make using armed vehicles useful. 

Glad to see you cn fix the AI in the water bug.

I'd be happy testing out any fixes etc on my dedi to help. 

@Erendil good work and ideas so far mate!  Keep them coming.

• Like 1

is anyone running a test Dedi that others can join so it has the chance of being more than one person on a server, checking the A3 launcher for dissension in mission usually only has one hit and that is usually passworded...

we could then pool the rpt files (if errors are occuring)

3 hours ago, Erendil said:

Some points :

A team of 12 soldiers is worst than 2 teams of 6 as they are less responsive and stay too close to each other. They are killed faster by car's gun and small group.

It would be better to create sub group that can flank or act independently.

Could you check VCOMAI, the AI doesn't use the grenades like before. They only use them against vehicles, even after changing the parameters.

Same with reinforcement when a group is attacked. Even if an other group is close, the group doesn't react and continue to follow his waypoint.

Maybe a dialogue between the commander and the groups could be a solution :

The enemy attack a group, the group report to the commander who change his plan and send reinforcement to assist the group.

An idea : Commander xp, level and skills : a support commander could unlock new troops, upgrades and skills, like offmap artillery strike.

A more difficult one : sub commander :

The commander do the macro management like building and the main strategy then give missions to the sub commanders like capture a town.

The sub commander then ask for ressources to the commander and use them the buy troops (following his personality) and execute the mission using some strategies (full assault, flanking, bait ...)

The sub commander gain reputation which give him access to more ressources or soldiers for the next missions or priority to support (cas ...)

Could be like Hetman war stories.

- The primary reason for groups of 12 is that the engine and Vcom seem to handle better with larger unit counts with less groups- I am still not sure how to quite balance this out yet...I want the squads to be dynamic enough to meet enemy forces with appropriate numbers so they can do things such as flanking and etc.

-For Vcom I removed throwing  grenades because Bohemia said they added in the ability for AI to throw grenades... As for the idea of reinforcement, that is not a bad idea but would require another brain surgery on the commander AI, which is entirely possible, but would take a time to get created.

-Command XP sounds like the idea I had before about researching to eventually unlock new abilities...this might be something I will return to in the future but I would rather favor adding more abilities to the commander's arsenal before I start to restrict them in anyway. Currently better troops are hidden behind the Advanced Structure

-I do like the idea of the sub commander, but that is definitely another massive project. I wonder if simply improving Vcom AI would not achieve the same effect...still I want to incorporate things like flanking and baiting into the base commander AI thinking.

3 hours ago, Erendil said:

Could you also make a github, so we could test in live if bugs are corrected

Github is created! Take a look at the first page of this thread.

18 minutes ago, kremator said:

I think the AIS would be a great fit for Dissension (once we have the ability to recruit AI).  Even just one AI to recruit initially would make using armed vehicles useful. 

Glad to see you cn fix the AI in the water bug.

I'd be happy testing out any fixes etc on my dedi to help. 

@Erendil good work and ideas so far mate!  Keep them coming.

Thanks! With the GitHub you will be able to test out fixes in real-time as create them. So that's nice.

8 minutes ago, KevsNoTrev said:

is anyone running a test Dedi that others can join so it has the chance of being more than one person on a server, checking the A3 launcher for dissension in mission usually only has one hit and that is usually passworded...

I was thinking of simply purchasing a 40 slot server for Dissension testing/ other use. I would have one hosted 24/7 but the internet at my location is facing some problems...

• Like 1

can I also use the Mission for Altis or is it just for Tanoa?

1 hour ago, KevsNoTrev said:

I tend to run mine primarily at the weekends.  I don't password mine.

• Like 1

I would host a server from my place but am in the process of moving house.  I have no idea of the Internet stability or bandwidth as moving out of a city temporarily. 

Also....ping might be an issue for those in Europe as a long way from here. 

8 hours ago, KevsNoTrev said:

I would host a server from my place but am in the process of moving house.  I have no idea of the Internet stability or bandwidth as moving out of a city temporarily. 

Also....ping might be an issue for those in Europe as a long way from here. 

Well everything is upsidedown anyway as you are in the southern hemisphere..... how do you guys stop falling off the world? /jk

I'll run mine over the weekend - so if the GitHub is up by then I'll put the newest version up.

13 minutes ago, kremator said:

Well everything is upsidedown anyway as you are in the southern hemisphere..... how do you guys stop falling off the world? /jk

I'll run mine over the weekend - so if the GitHub is up by then I'll put the newest version up.

we all have flat heads....

• Like 1

Dissension dedi server running.  Latest github master.

Filter for Dissension .. will keep it running over the weekend.

Come and join in.

On 6/6/2017 at 3:19 PM, MrFies said:

can I also use the Mission for Altis or is it just for Tanoa?

yeah you can, all you have to do is rename the scenario folder "Dissension.Tanoa" to "Dissension.Altis"

It's coming together nicely. Just a little touch-up here and there and I can update the GitHub version.

• Like 2

Very nice indeed!  AI recruitment will make the game so much more interesting !

As for the HC function ... love it.  Very intuitive.

Hopefully the update will be ready for the weekend (even though I'm away *sniff!)

• Like 1

Yeah man having AI gonna be great - been waiting for that. Also like that groups have names as it makes you care  more bout AI squads - would you consider giving cultural type names like Wolf/Huskies for West and DarkDjinn/LilShaitan for Csat? Hate to ask cause you certainly have a full plate and am excited to give it a proper playthru

Can I have my AI called CannonFodder or DistractThemWhileICircleAroundAndNailThemFromTheBack (both now trademarks!)

• Like 2

man i kind of feel bad for you almost falling asleep :e:

looks very promising though!

Waiting on your next GitHub update!!'n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The update IS on github ... just been playing it!  Wonderful work.  It is lovely having AI troops to help me out!

My only problem was the barracks had spawned on a hillside and when I recruited the HC units they were unable to jump off the barracks walkway!

Checking github every day ... to test the latest and put it onto my dedi server :)

3 hours ago, kremator said:

Checking github every day ... to test the latest and put it onto my dedi server :)

Thanks :) I need to update GitHub here shortly. Soolie, the awesome guy helping me with this mission, is implementing  AI recruitment right into the Ipad and making it look slick and nice. Once I get a hold of that, I am going to update it again with my changes as well.

• Like 2

<3 Current Status -

The code used just separates all the units in game into their configed roles and uses the "cost" var to set price(not ideal for this mission).

I'll be sending it over soon and he will make his changes.

IP3YP8X.png

• Like 3

Have made a version with Physhobastard's AIS revive added to it .... plays very well and adds to the excitement IF your group are going to get to you in time :)

Couple of issues I've found with the base game ... perhaps already fixed.

Troops have real difficulty getting out of the barracks (obviously this applies only to own group or HC created grouip)

I've seen a few messages on a listen server (from OPFOR and BLUFOR commanders) that I don't see on my dedi server.

On the listen server I've also seen friendly vehicles - but not on dedi server.

Will increasing rank open up more advantages in time ?

Really enjoying Dissension ... keep up the good work @genesis92x!!