13:28:32   Error position: <_ClosestUnit distance _PolePos) < ((getM>
13:28:32   Error Undefined variable in expression: _closestunit
mpmissions\Dissension.Altis\MapMonitor\dis_DefenceSpawn.sqf, line 804
13:28:32 Error in expression <dMPos,true] call dis_closestobj;

if ((_ClosestUnit distance _GridMPos) < 501 &>
13:28:32   Error position: <_ClosestUnit distance _GridMPos) < 501 &>
13:28:32   Error Undefined variable in expression: _closestunit
Dissension.Altis\MapMonitor\dis_DefenceSpawn.sqf, line 1935

13:35:03 Error in expression < [_positions, resistance, (selectrandom DIS_GIndieA)] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

>
13:35:03   Error position: <DIS_GIndieA)] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

>
13:35:03   Error Undefined variable in expression: dis_gindiea
\Dissension.Altis\Missions\Dis_Ambush.sqf, line 37

13:35:42 Error in expression <oy our enemies!<br/>
"

,"Hai"
]
];
if (_WestRun) then {dis_WNewsArray pushback >
13:35:42   Error position: <_WestRun) then {dis_WNewsArray pushback >
13:35:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: _westrun
13:35:42 File Commander\specialmission\fn_SECrate.sqf [DIS_fnc_SECrate], line 46

13:50:42 Error in expression <BarracksSwitch = true;_InfList pushback _BarrackU;};
true;
} count _Buildinglist>
13:50:42   Error position: <_BarrackU;};
true;
} count _Buildinglist>
13:50:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: _barracku
\Dissension.Altis\Commander\specialmission\dis_GScout.sqf, line 53

13:50:42 Error in expression <
_NewObjectDistance = _CompareObjectPos distance _position;
_DistanceArray pushb>
13:50:42   Error position: <distance _position;
_DistanceArray pushb>
13:50:42   Error Type Object, expected Number
\Dissension.Altis\Functions\dis_closestobj.sqf, line 25
13:50:42 soldier[B_recon_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
13:50:42 soldier[B_recon_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
13:50:43 Error in expression <s_closestobj;
private _SpwnPos = getpos _SpawnLoc;
private _EnemyPos = getpos _E>
13:50:43   Error position: <_SpawnLoc;
private _EnemyPos = getpos _E>
13:50:43   Error Undefined variable in expression: _spawnloc
13:50:43 File Commander\specialmission\fn_SEMedic.sqf [DIS_fnc_SEMedic], line 224

14:01:11 Error in expression <nFIN = _CRoad findEmptyPosition [0,150,(_ActualSpawnHeavy select 0)]; 
if (_posi>
14:01:11   Error position: <_ActualSpawnHeavy select 0)]; 
if (_posi>
14:01:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: _actualspawnheavy
\Dissension.Altis\Commander\threatresp\dis_SupportEnthusiast.sqf, line 551
14:01:11 Error in expression <Dis_OpforTickets - 1;};
};
};

[_grp2,((_rndU select 0) select 0)] spawn dis_Veh>
14:01:11   Error position: <_rndU select 0) select 0)] spawn dis_Veh>
14:01:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: _rndu
Dissension.Altis\Commander\threatresp\dis_SupportEnthusiast.sqf, line 575

Two points :

The green defense teams are too agressive, they left there towns undefended to strike the player or the command center, after dealing with the attack team.

Maybe you could ask them to patrol the town.

The ressource spots are too random, like all ressources are cash around the starting point, making impossible the construction of advanced buildings.

The commander stop building things after the supply depot or the camp.

Didn't have that problem in the previous build.

Also, a lot of parts of Tanoa doesn't have a resource spot as there not enough space for a full square, like small islands or the coast.

The supply part of the mission reminds me very much of what @granQ was doing back in the Arma2 days.

Mission is shaping up nicely.  Good work genesis92 !

45 minutes ago, Erendil said:

Two points :

The green defense teams are too agressive, they left there towns undefended to strike the player or the command center, after dealing with the attack team.

Maybe you could ask them to patrol the town.

The ressource spots are too random, like all ressources are cash around the starting point, making impossible the construction of advanced buildings.

The commander stop building things after the supply depot or the camp.

Didn't have that problem in the previous build.

Also, a lot of parts of Tanoa doesn't have a resource spot as there not enough space for a full square, like small islands or the coast.

The way the town work currently is: If a town successfully defends itself it launches a counter-attack with the remaining troops. The town then resets back to full capacity if not attacked shortly after. This was done intentionally to make player bases also be capable of assault from resistance troops, as well as punish a sloppy attack.  If the resistance beats an enemy force from the town this gives them a good "morale" boost to continue fighting...even a little courage to attack a military base. They will always have troops in the circle to defend however.

I have not had the issue with the commander not building higher tier structures - depending on the commanders spending habits. Some commanders, especially the aggressive commander, prefer delaying tech in order to field more troops initially. Not to say this won't be balanced later and tweaked...but it is working as intended so far. And that is correct about grids being too small - if a grid has too much water then it will NOT count as a resource grid. However, with the addition of POI's the map should be plentiful of captureable resources, not to mention that towns give the commander all 4 resources.

21 minutes ago, kremator said:

The supply part of the mission reminds me very much of what @granQ was doing back in the Arma2 days.

Mission is shaping up nicely.  Good work genesis92 !

Thank you! it's slowly coming along...ever so slowly.... I have not seen what @granQ has done, maybe I should take a look.

Does the commander need to be in the base to build ?

Even one hour later, there isn't new building and the commander relocate to a neutral town 10 min after the start. I only see new supply depots.

He have build the barrack, supply depot and camp.

Materials are -5 so I think there isn't enough materials to build.

Could you add in the parameters a way to give the commanders more starting resources ? 

The cause for the building problem isn't the resources. I changed the option Debug console to avalable to everyone two days ago.

I revert it to host only today and the commander build the static building.

It could also be the fact that I played Alpha 1-2 instead of Alpha 1-1(the leader) for 2 days. Only if I play Alpha 1-1, I could get the missions for the commander.

Even if I create a group after the start of the mission.

The problem I got with the greens attacking the base being troublesome, is linked to the fact that blue commander doesn't spawn defensive groupes when the town is attacked by IND. When EAST lunched an attack with paratroopers, the blue commander spawned defensive troops to repel them.

In some cases, grids or towns can't be captured as defense troops spawn inside rocks or in some remote places where the AI can't find a way down or up.

There is also cases where the greens spawn behind the blue group and move the other way. If the 2 groups doesn't fight, the grid is not captured, even with a huge disparity in strength.

If I delete the lines linked to the dome in SpawnCommanders.sqf, the commander build the buildings closer to the vehicle and have more space to build new buildings. He doesn't relocate like before after building 2 or 3 buildings.

He relocate if he doesn't find any free space but the script send him to neutral town or in the middle of nowhere.

@genesis92x for some reason when I spawn in drones, they seem to always come crashing to the ground immediately after spawn along with not being synced to my uav terminal. Another issue with drones in general is that after using one for a while, the gunner seat will no longer be able to taken control of and the drone itself dumbs down.

Edited by WormChickenWizard
derp

If it is not too much to ask - can anyone re-upload latest test version of this mod? Original link seams to be broken :/

On 5/27/2017 at 4:05 AM, Erendil said:

If I delete the lines linked to the dome in SpawnCommanders.sqf, the commander build the buildings closer to the vehicle and have more space to build new buildings. He doesn't relocate like before after building 2 or 3 buildings.

He relocate if he doesn't find any free space but the script send him to neutral town or in the middle of nowhere.

Thank you, this should be fixed for the next version now. I believe the resources need more balancing...I think giving the commanders more starting resources is a good start for now.

On 5/27/2017 at 6:48 PM, WormChickenWizard said:

@genesis92x for some reason when I spawn in drones, they seem to always come crashing to the ground immediately after spawn along with not being synced to my uav terminal. Another issue with drones in general is that after using one for a while, the gunner seat will no longer be able to taken control of and the drone itself dumbs down.

Drones are not fully implemented yet :< I need to fix them. However...with the drones no longer being able to be taken control of...that makes me wonder if the AI caching system is nabbing them when it shouldn't...Hmm... Thanks for this I will take a look into it.

On 5/30/2017 at 3:40 AM, nirtulys said:

If it is not too much to ask - can anyone re-upload latest test version of this mod? Original link seams to be broken :/

Here! Try this one.

Dissension Pre-Release Update

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqq9xrbrqwlnyq8/Dissension.Tanoa.zip?dl=0

Here is another test version, it has much better Iron Front Lite support (to celebrate it's new update!) and many bug fixes and optimizations.

Some changes off the top of my head...

NEW: AI Commander surgery...AI commander's can now recruit troops to defend themselves in emergency situations.
NEW: 2 new tabs in the tablet. "COMMANDER REQUESTS" and "PLAYER REQUESTS"
NEW: COMMANDER REQUESTS: These are missions that the commander will ask the players to do. Group leaders can accept the missions and complete them to recieve extra resources and support their team. Currently there are only two missions implemented as a proof of concept - however the framework is created so adding new mission requests will be easy
NEW: PLAYER REQUESTS: Squad leaders will be able to request support/tactics directly from the commander. This feature is not implemented yet.
FIXED: PMC now properly spawn with the correct loadouts when playing with Iron Front
FIXED: AI Commander's will now more appropiately assess enemy forces and dangerous movement and deploy troops. Before they would be a little too anxious when deploying troops (Sending troops to guard areas when the enemy was 8 km's away)
FIXED: Commander should not longer charge into his own death and value life a little more.
FIXED: More JIP fixes.
CHANGED: Max-Soft-Cap of units per side is 48.

Many more bug fixes.
More I can't remember at this moment..

• Like 3

Good man! Really positive changes. I can see Dissension being my go to mission! 

i think AI cap per side.

this helps with server performance and also player FPS

Testing now.... I want to push the envelope with the numbers of AI - as I think that gives the most action.

15 hours ago, kremator said:

Good man! Really positive changes. I can see Dissension being my go to mission! 

Thank you :) I am excited to get it thrown together and playable.

13 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

Ummm means in total human + AI or which units are meant?

So I will have to better explain the "soft cap" better. Each side is limited to a max number of AI that they can recruit to capture towns, this does NOT include AI that are spawned in emergency situations or  unique events. So it's a "soft cap" in the sense that the commanders will not spawn any additional units unless absolutely necessary. As KevsNoTrev said below, it is to help with server FPS. Of course, people can freely edit this number to whatever they'd like... 48 per side allows for 4 groups of 12 actively capturing towns/locations while still allowing other groups for assaulting/defending.

12 hours ago, KevsNoTrev said:

i think AI cap per side.

this helps with server performance and also player FPS

Exactly that.

4 hours ago, kremator said:

Testing now.... I want to push the envelope with the numbers of AI - as I think that gives the most action.

Definitely test it out! Keep in mind what I said about, it's just a soft cap, but hopefully with the caching system it will work a little better. Feel free to test on multiple maps as well!

Genesis, do you have plans for a dynamic headless client off loading system like in other CTI missions?  so the more HC there are the more the unit count be on the map at one time.

1 hour ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

Ah, I see. Can we alter this soft cap in mission para or do we have to alter the .pbo?

You can find the parameter in init.sqf of the mission : dis_MaxUnit

I got a lot of _grp2 variable error in multiple scripts.

Here some errors:

https://pastebin.com/huD5mhsk

Still have the construction bug, only the barrack and supply points were build. More than 2 hours of gameplay with blue commander.

If the commander doesn't find some free space to build, why not instead only build an HQ building then use an upgrade system to unlock new units, with specific cost and units for each commander types.

The green units are still not considered like the red units by the blue commander, when it come to protect a town.

Resistance (green) is too strong from the start. Why not add some "heat meter" like in GTA ?

The more a commander take territories, the more organised and agressive the resistance become.

For exemple, the fist town could have only light defences (4 or 5 soldiers under equipted) an no car.

Later, the resistance could spawn some trap or counter attack. 

After a game of 3 hours, this is the situation :

https://s29.postimg.org/mozznr72f/20170604152142_1.jpg

https://pastebin.com/t7Wph3e2

At least 3 areas couldn't be captured because of bugs (green units doesn't spawn or there elimination doesn't trigger the capture.

No problem with the buildings but I have changed the starting resources (*10)

• Like 1

Been playing this on my dedi for quite a while today.  Enjoying it.  Are there any plans for revive (from other AI groups?)  I've not got enough points for my own squad yet, that I would assume they would revive me (if alive) but it would be cool (ala psychobastard's AIS).

Once an area is taken over by BLUFOR I don't find the AI being told to move onto another area.  Something not quite right ?

EDIT:  Just found a friendly boat spawned on a road !!!

On 6/2/2017 at 7:18 PM, KevsNoTrev said:

Genesis, do you have plans for a dynamic headless client off loading system like in other CTI missions?  so the more HC there are the more the unit count be on the map at one time.

This will be the ultimate goal... I have a vague idea of how to handle this but it will most likely require a re-write of the recruitment function, or I find a more dynamic way of having the server being able to offload units on the fly to HC. 

The 2nd method would be preferred as it would mean that I could more globally handle the distribution of units to the HC's without needing to implement something into every function that spawns in troops.

On 6/3/2017 at 0:29 AM, The Man Without Qualities said:

Ah, I see. Can we alter this soft cap in mission para or do we have to alter the .pbo?

I think adding this as a param is a great idea, I have done that now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rv10udeggyqpa2/AIPerSide.PNG?dl=0

On 6/3/2017 at 1:52 AM, Erendil said:

You can find the parameter in init.sqf of the mission : dis_MaxUnit

I got a lot of _grp2 variable error in multiple scripts.

Thank you! I see why this is occurring, It should be fixed for the next version :)

On 6/3/2017 at 4:58 AM, Erendil said:

Here some errors:

https://pastebin.com/huD5mhsk

Still have the construction bug, only the barrack and supply points were build. More than 2 hours of gameplay with blue commander.

If the commander doesn't find some free space to build, why not instead only build an HQ building then use an upgrade system to unlock new units, with specific cost and units for each commander types.

The green units are still not considered like the red units by the blue commander, when it come to protect a town.

Resistance (green) is too strong from the start. Why not add some "heat meter" like in GTA ?

The more a commander take territories, the more organised and agressive the resistance become.

For exemple, the fist town could have only light defences (4 or 5 soldiers under equipted) an no car.

Later, the resistance could spawn some trap or counter attack. 

Thanks for the report! I just found the problem(s) with the construction. It should now be truly resolved as of this post. It appears the commander was stuck in an infinite loop. If the commander does not find room he will just squeeze the building where possible. I believe that a re-write of the building function will be coming in the future.

Currently Resistance troops are not considered important enough for the commanders to spawn units to defend as they can not re-capture towns (yet). So that is up to the players or AI defense squads.

I do like the idea of a the "heat meter"...I think I have an idea for this... Starting off weaker and gaining power slowly. With the heat meter slowly ticking down over time.

Hmm...

On 6/4/2017 at 7:44 AM, Erendil said:

After a game of 3 hours, this is the situation :

https://s29.postimg.org/mozznr72f/20170604152142_1.jpg

https://pastebin.com/t7Wph3e2

At least 3 areas couldn't be captured because of bugs (green units doesn't spawn or there elimination doesn't trigger the capture.

No problem with the buildings but I have changed the starting resources (*10)

Thanks! I will take a look into this, I think I know why this is happening.

On 6/4/2017 at 10:39 AM, kremator said:

Been playing this on my dedi for quite a while today.  Enjoying it.  Are there any plans for revive (from other AI groups?)  I've not got enough points for my own squad yet, that I would assume they would revive me (if alive) but it would be cool (ala psychobastard's AIS).

Once an area is taken over by BLUFOR I don't find the AI being told to move onto another area.  Something not quite right ?

EDIT:  Just found a friendly boat spawned on a road !!!

This is a good idea, I would like to find a good revive script to use...I am not happy with the default vanilla revive. Do you know of a good revive script to use? I want to find one that I can work with for Dissension, the current vanilla revive is simply a place holder (unless I can modify it...)

I believe there was also a bug that prevented certain groups from being utilized again - this should be resolved now. Each group gets a "cool-down" period before moving out again. In the future this "cool-down" period will be used for AI groups to rearm and buff their numbers back to normal.

Thanks everyone for the help. I have been crushing bugs left and right, and with the additional help it has been going so much faster. My main goal right now is to squash as many bugs.

Currently I am thinking this will be my basic work flow:

New Features -> Bug Fixing -> Polish Features

I am in the "Bug Fixing" point currently. Once I can play a game for a few hours without RPT errors I will move onto polishing what I currently have. The next "polish" stage will be implementing many more commander missions, then another test release.

• Like 2

Psychobastard's AIS has been rewritten and although in beta, it is effectively as good as it will get (according to PSB!)  It is very much improved from the original and will replace BIS revive very well.

The workflow is great - just ask if there is anything that we (the community) can help with testing ... happy to help.

Tell me - is there a way to recruit ANY AI ?  Perhaps it is my low rank that is stopping me - but I've been solo so far :*(

I logged into my dedi after about 2 hours to find that my base had been overrun by enemies.  Where was my defence ?  I'm not totally convinced they were effective at repelling a few attackers (took me a few revives to kill them all!)  Oh and yeah .. that boat on the road was also nailing a lot of my AI.

Have you noticed AI going for a swim?  I've now seen several groups swimming out in the bay - not very clever of them :(