genesis92x

[CTI-COOP] Dissension

41 minutes ago, genesis92x said:

@Kremator, you have been around since the first version of Vcom AI. You are like a legend in this community.

Only too pleased to help mate.  I'll try to play down my legend status :)

• Like 2

Hi Genesis,

We are keen to try this on our server and if you need any more testers to reports issues, we'd be glad to help with that.

Regards

Rizla

On 3/21/2017 at 4:06 PM, RizlaUK said:

Hi Genesis,

We are keen to try this on our server and if you need any more testers to reports issues, we'd be glad to help with that.

Regards

Rizla

Thanks Rizla, once I get Opfor up and running I would love all the help I can get. Once I get my ISP to start acting like a real company...I can do some basic testing to fix the most obvious bugs before sending it out. I will keep you posted :)

• Like 1

Hey,  just watched video #14 nice work. this is a masterpiece. the bug fixing NO THANKS!  Your a wizard!

Anyone interested just youtube him and watch the progress... its really cool to watch this develop. 

• Like 1

Any chance for a workable alpha this weekend? Don't want to seem anxious or anything... :-) Really excited for this.

Yeah, like asking for an broken alpha will actually speed up the process!  We are all keen to play it but calm down panic (see what I did there ?)

I am in panic, not calm and eager to play any broken code. I play A3, I am used to it! So a broken Dissention can't make it worst.

Edith-Gabi:

Watched more videos, looks impressive. Did you any performance tests to figure out how this mission performs with few hundreds of units active?

Hello!

I hope to release a test version this weekend. I am currently making my own simple cache system for AI to help boost performance. I needed to create my own system because Dissension is very very dynamic in how it spawns units/handles them. So I needed a system that would not interrupt this. I will be play testing it today on a dedicated server and hopefully release it when I feel it's ready.

Thank you!

22 hours ago, kremator said:

Yeah, like asking for an broken alpha will actually speed up the process!  We are all keen to play it but calm down panic (see what I did there ?)

Wwwowowowo the puns.

12 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

I am in panic, not calm and eager to play any broken code. I play A3, I am used to it! So a broken Dissention can't make it worst.

Edith-Gabi:

Watched more videos, looks impressive. Did you any performance tests to figure out how this mission performs with few hundreds of units active?

I would be scared to let a couple hundred AI units run around without any of them being cached *shudders*

• Like 1

You'd be surprised with the latest release candidate ... I'm running 180 AI and my server is sitting at 49FPS !

Cant say ive ever been this excited for a Mission before - good luck on your launch

4 hours ago, kremator said:

You'd be surprised with the latest release candidate ... I'm running 180 AI and my server is sitting at 49FPS !

What. Kremator. You are lying. Get out of here. Banned. Unsubscribed. Dislike. Unfriended. Unfollowed.

3 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Cant say ive ever been this excited for a Mission before - good luck on your launch

Thanks! I hope it's worth the wait. I am fixing some JIP issues now.

• Like 1

Just recognized that I call you mission Dissention instead of Dissension...while having the same roots...it is not really the same.

SORRY!

Why are you think I would be scared? Because of low server FPS? Had on older A2 engine in CTI 700-something units in mission ...ok, the activity level of the units became a little bit low....:-) .

What exactly you mean with "caching" units?

20 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

Just recognized that I call you mission Dissention instead of Dissension...while having the same roots...it is not really the same.

SORRY!

Why are you think I would be scared? Because of low server FPS? Had on older A2 engine in CTI 700-something units in mission ...ok, the activity level of the units became a little bit low....:-) .

What exactly you mean with "caching" units?

No problem :)

Caching units simply means making them 'invisible' and 'inactive' when there is no action/combat going on and no players are nearby.

So if we have a group of 12 units, only the group leader is visible and active. This cuts down on the amount of crap your game has to render or worry about. This also reduces the amount of network traffic.

Arrg! Isn't it this half-baked feature that causes more issues then it solves?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dynamic_Simulation

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123935

I read about late simulations after being activated e.g. explotion of vehicles when suff damage received in inactive state.

Is there a on/off switch in your settings for global activation of simulation supression or is that rigid implemented?

I would love to test how your masterpiece performs without simulation suppression.

Am I right assuming that if a jet is flying across the map that all units must activate simulation anyway and this feature is pointless?

Cheers and please more feature vids and...maybe an aplha?

Or do the SC way, ask for cash and make a weekly report via video :-)

Hi Genesis

Just watched your latest video. REALLY cant wait for your newest release.

Cheers man!

Hey everyone. It is currently 2:30 AM for me. I have made my life choices.

Here is a test mission for Dissension. I want to emphasize the word "test". This version should allow you and a small group of friends to play the initial phase of Dissension and get a feel for how the game should play.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vep2hsruea2gxd/Dissension.Tanoa.zip?dl=0

Things to know/known issues:

- You can throw this on any island and it should work. Just make sure to have player slots!

- This version supports RHS or Vanilla as a test. There are no parameters yet, so if you have RHS running it will detect it and use RHS units.

- ACE is supported - not heavily tested yet.

- A dedicated server is heavily recommended due to FPS struggles. Hopefully the caching system and optimized groups will help this.

- JIP should be mostly good, not all markers/missions/stats are synced properly yet

- Possible problem with the AI Commanders not knowing what to attack late into the game

- Supply Points are not working properly quite yet. For some reason the helio's are not spawning for transport.

- Possible for AI to spawn and get stuck when walking around (Mostly in Tanoa)

- Stats are not properly tracked quite yet. All stats will most likely be wiped once I get to fixing them

- Unsure of how the PvP works yet.

- So far I have had loads of fun playing this early version of the game.

Please post any questions about game-play or comments here! I am looking for general feedback and ideas, but please keep in mind that the gamemode is not where I want it yet for the actual release.

Thanks and have fun!

• Like 9

very excited. 

Always been a massive CTI fan, and also a big fan of VCom. 

Will be following this closely :) 

Hi genesis

I've tested it on my own on a dedi and it runs pretty well, both for opfor and for blufor. I'm yet to try with friends.

My main gripe atm is I'm not sure what I'm supposed do so I'm running around not knowing what to test in this version. Excuse me for any ignorance but what I've understood is that we're fighting an enemy AI commander? Is that the indfor or the opfor?

If all players stack on one side I'm assuming the opfor commander will spawn troops and fight back?

Will it be possible for players to spawn ai too?

Assault markers are working and I'm loving the suppression/adrenaline system you've got in place. Performance is very good too.

Thanks for releasing this test version, I've been looking forward to more cti game modes for a long time.

3 hours ago, kremator said:

Awesome. Looking forward to playing this tonight. 

I hope you enjoy it :)

3 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

Meci !

Which way you prefer the feedback? You have a bugtracker running somewhere?

I do not have a bugtracker anywhere! That would be a good idea. For now, just post finds into the forums here, or via PM to me.

15 minutes ago, lordmungus said:

Hi genesis

I've tested it on my own on a dedi and it runs pretty well, both for opfor and for blufor. I'm yet to try with friends.

My main gripe atm is I'm not sure what I'm supposed do so I'm running around not knowing what to test in this version. Excuse me for any ignorance but what I've understood is that we're fighting an enemy AI commander? Is that the indfor or the opfor?

If all players stack on one side I'm assuming the opfor commander will spawn troops and fight back?

Will it be possible for players to spawn ai too?

Assault markers are working and I'm loving the suppression/adrenaline system you've got in place. Performance is very good too.

Thanks for releasing this test version, I've been looking forward to more cti game modes for a long time.

Ah yes. The main goal is like Benny's Warfare. Find the opfor commander and destroy him. Currently the game will not end the mission if you do so - they will just stop spawning troops for now. I am not sure what the ending win conditions should be.

And yes, both commanders will operate with or without players just fine.

Currently not possible for players to spawn their own AI - but will be possible for their own cash. I would like to use the High Command module for this, but I will need to mess around with it.

Thank you for the testing! I am looking forward to polishing it up and completing it.

My experience similar to lordmungas - i really didnt know what to do as a single player after spawning. After failing to find a way to recruit units I added a Cheat of teleport so i could join groups on the action. The thing is -you have all this awesome fsm script magic happening at the AI commander level which is something I always love -but we dont have much ideas what everyones up to. Would you consider adding Map level or Unit level text or 3d text to give us an idea of what different squads and maybe even the commander is up to?

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

My experience similar to lordmungas - i really didnt know what to do as a single player after spawning. After failing to find a way to recruit units I added a Cheat of teleport so i could join groups on the action. The thing is -you have all this awesome fsm script magic happening at the AI commander level which is something I always love -but we dont have much ideas what everyones up to. Would you consider adding Map level or Unit level text or 3d text to give us an idea of what different squads and maybe even the commander is up to?

I should probably clarify that you CAN NOT play this in SP. Playing in SP will break this mission. You need to host a multiplayer mission for this to work properly, if you want to play alone password your listen server :)

Players can not recruit units at the moment. That is all left up to the AI commander. To see what the AI commander is doing, try opening the tablet and expand the list of previous orders. Every single order the commander gives is there. The tablet will also list the currently assigned mission to your side. You should also be able to see markers on the map of current unit positions. It is up to you as a player to either A)Do the mission assigned to you B)Help your forces C)Find Opfor/Blufor and attack them D)Capture territory on your own.

• Like 1

@genesis92x

do you design it already with mod class replacement in mind (like a WW2 version)?