VLS is ONLY for Air targets ... keep in mind this one ... 

I need help with artillery computer settings ... whatever I've tried so far I'm getting these two circles, as you can see in photo, and only between these is allowed to fire. This is wrong ofcourse. I know that some other mods as CUP for example have working artillery computer so in case anyone has some knowledge on this matter I'll be appreciate his help.

arma3%202017-01-20%2020-27-30-62_zpsbtfp

3 hours ago, Αplion said:

I need help with artillery computer settings ... whatever I've tried so far I'm getting these two circles, as you can see in photo, and only between these is allowed to fire. This is wrong ofcourse. I know that some other mods as CUP for example have working artillery computer so in case anyone has some knowledge on this matter I'll be appreciate his help.

You may want to hop on the CUP Discord - all their devs hang out on there and they're pretty cool guys, very helpful. Most likely they'd be willing to answer the questions. https://discord.me/cup-arma3

• Like 1

ok I found what was the issue with artillery computer and now is working ... 

• Like 3

But again bad news ... the artillery computer might work properly but no artillery shell is hitting the target after firing ...  I've made the same check using CUP frigate and neither their artillery is effective on target ... I'm stuck ..

17 minutes ago, Αplion said:

But again bad news ... the artillery computer might work properly but no artillery shell is hitting the target after firing ...  I've made the same check using CUP frigate and neither their artillery is effective on target ... I'm stuck ..

Just want to say. I found that vanilla virtual 230mm art support don`t make any damage to buildings or units.  Maybe your problem is bound to this BIs bug...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sammael said:

Just want to say. I found that vanilla virtual 230mm art support don`t make any damage to buildings or units.  Maybe your problem is bound to this BIs bug...

No ... in fact the weapon shell is not even hit any target (neither mine or on CUP frigate) ... it is like not firing at all ... no explosion !!

And I'm using the "mortar_155mm_AMOS" ,,,, as also CUP frigate did.

Question : When assigned as an AI unit, how do I stop the ships from zig-zagging when assigned to a waypoint.

Just now, mk84 said:

Question : When assigned as an AI unit, how do I stop the ships from zig-zagging when assigned to a waypoint.

Movement following waypoints reported already as problematic ... I'm also working to improve that on next update.

• Like 1

On 21.01.2017 at 2:40 PM, Αplion said:

No ... in fact the weapon shell is not even hit any target (neither mine or on CUP frigate) ... it is like not firing at all ... no explosion !!

And I'm using the "mortar_155mm_AMOS" ,,,, as also CUP frigate did.

Regarding CUP frigate, are you sure you're zoomed in to max? Someone mentioned it in the CUP thread. There's a special "mode" of that gun that you need to be in for the arty computer to work properly. Haven't tried it myself, but it sounds like that'd be it. They did that to allow proper direct fire with the gun. 

10 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Regarding CUP frigate, are you sure you're zoomed in to max? Someone mentioned it in the CUP thread. There's a special "mode" of that gun that you need to be in for the arty computer to work properly. Haven't tried it myself, but it sounds like that'd be it. They did that to allow proper direct fire with the gun. 

I've tried just now to use the maximum distance fire mode but nothing changed and there is no "special mode" (I've used the "extreme" distance mode and took me about 3 minutes to cover the target distance which is not proper for close targets I guess).

No, I meant when you're looking down the sights, press the "zoom in" key until the screen looks weird. :) Apparently, CUP Frigate has something like that to allow artillery to work. I saw it mentioned in CUP thread, but I haven't used that mod in a while, though.

7 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

No, I meant when you're looking down the sights, press the "zoom in" key until the screen looks weird. :) Apparently, CUP Frigate has something like that to allow artillery to work. I saw it mentioned in CUP thread, but I haven't used the mod for a while, though.

Yes I show that now ... the final zoom is a static picture ... using artillery computer while you are on that zoom ... is working ... now I must figure out how to do that by myself.

Thanks for the tip mate ... appreciated.

• Like 1

Glad it worked. I'd hate to look stupid for giving you false info. :) I was planning to test it at first, but RHS finally got a release and thus I put CUP away for a while.

TBH, it might be a better idea to forgo direct fire mode in favor of just making the guns an artillery weapon. I'm not sure how useful direct fire is with those guns, but using the ships as offshore artillery batteries is something I'd like to do. Manning an artillery gun isn't a very interesting prospect for SP, so I'd really like them to work with AI (hence my orginal question about the "Fire Mission" waypoint). Last time I checked, CUP frigate didn't.

• Like 1

ok ... I've decided not to add artillery capability on my ships for the moment ... this part seems problematic by game engine as also the AI won't use it, So there is no reason to deal with that right now. Instead I'll use 100mm and 127mm guns for my Corvette and Fregates as I saw that such weapons can be also used by AI causing significant damage to enemy units (naval & ground).

So I'll keep the artillery matter for the future ...

So far impovements consisting of ...

Corvette and Frigates guns

Crew is no longer leaving vehicles using EDEN editor

Reduced armor of ships to more "normal"

Ships now have more "real" behavior about their speed and acceleration

Some improvements on models and configs

... still working on ...

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Αplion said:

ok ... I've decided not to add artillery capability on my ships for the moment ... this part seems problematic by game engine as also the AI won't use it, So there is no reason to deal with that right now. Instead I'll use 100mm and 127mm guns for my Corvette and Fregates as I saw that such weapons can be also used by AI causing significant damage to enemy units (naval & ground).

So I'll keep the artillery matter for the future ...

So far impovements consisting of ...

Corvette and Frigates guns

Crew is no longer leaving vehicles using EDEN editor

Reduced armor of ships to more "normal"

Ships now have more "real" behavior about their speed and acceleration

Some improvements on models and configs

... still working on ...

Love it - it's great to see a developer be so proactive and invested in his work, and the fact that you relay everything to the community in real time! :)

• Like 2

HAFM NAVY version 1.1 Release

This is version 1.1 of my NAVY addon. I believe that on this version I've minimized or eliminated the reported errors as also improve the addon generally.

Changelog v1.1

• Crew is no longer leaving ships or been killed when any ship is placed on EDEN editor.
  • Ships speed and acceleration as also their generall behavior tweaked.
  • Ships armor reduced to be more easily destructable.
  • Frigates and Corvette front guns have changed ammo type to 127mm and 100mm (AI using them now).
  • Added lights plus collision and markerlights.
  • Some improvements on models and configs.

Known Issues

• Big ships are still not following directly the waypoints especially if they are to close on them.

Main Download Link (also changed the link on thread initial post): https://www.dropbox.com/s/gh8fnrs92m0g7o2/%40HAFM_NAVY_v1_1.rar?dl=0

Armaholic Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32207

• Like 4

Spoiler

I downloaded the mod, and loaded them into arma 3, but when i try to launch arma 3, it tells me "file to short 'C:arma 3 mods/@HAFM_NAVY\addons\hafm_navy.pbo'. Expected 81732820 B, got 729331 B" and this is with no other mods installed, and i downloaded the mod a few times to see if it was because the download wasn't complete(i have had that problem before) and from both download locations (the DropBox you provided and armaholic)

Edit: i am running arma 3 through steam on windows 10 with an i7 quad core running at 3.6 GHz, and an nvidea geforce gtx 960m 2gb (notebook gpu and cpu, so not the best rig, but it can still run arma 3 on high textures and low everything else with 2000m-4000m view distance at 25-60 fps, depending on the area and a few other things)

i fixed it somehow, all i did was download it again from dropbox and it worked

I have one Question: Where is the entry point for all the ships?(where do i need to go to be able to get in them, or on them, i tried flying a heli to them to land it on the heli deck, but it seems they don't have a collision model, so my heli fell through the deck and ended up on a strange angle, and then tried to walk on them, but my character glitched half way in and the only way a could move was by vaulting constantly)

3 hours ago, acerarity said:

I have one Question: Where is the entry point for all the ships?(where do i need to go to be able to get in them, or on them, i tried flying a heli to them to land it on the heli deck, but it seems they don't have a collision model, so my heli fell through the deck and ended up on a strange angle, and then tried to walk on them, but my character glitched half way in and the only way a could move was by vaulting constantly)

ArmA game engine does not support landing on vehicles yet as also does not support walking on moving vehicles (Ships in our case). On future I'll work on some scripts maybe in order to add this capability.

Hey Aplion,

first off big kudos to you for taking on this tricky topic of naval mods that apparently made most other modders cry for their mom so far :D looking quite nice now with the big guns in place. 

One humble suggestion though: can you make a static object version of the larger ships where the decks and bridge can be walked and landed on? That might be a rather fast and easy way to satisfy both the group of people who want drivable ships as well as those of us who'd rather like a fixed point in the sea to launch operations from. A nice addition of course would be if the weapons were operational in the static versions. 

Many thanks in advance and for the mod so far!

Edited by runy888
grammar..

1 minute ago, runy888 said:

Hey Aplion,

first off big kudos to you for taking on this tricky topic of naval mods that apparently made most other modders cry for their mom so far :D looking quite nice now with the big guns in place. 

One humble suggestion though: can you make a static object version of the larger ships where the decks and bridge can be walked and landed on? That might be a rather fast and easy way to satisfy both the group of people who want drivable ships as well as those of us who'd rather like a fixed point in the sea where to launch operations from. A nice addition of course would be if the weapons were operational in the static versions. 

Many thanks in advance and for the mod so far!

In case of a static object then the ship will be just a platform which probably will not affected by enemy fire and will not sink ... I'm looking for some way to make the ships walkable plus the the option, on some of them, to have the ability of helicopters landing on them ... still I'm to far away of that achievent I must say.

Just now, Αplion said:

ArmA game engine does not support landing on vehicles yet as also does not support walking on moving vehicles (Ships in our case). On future I'll work on some scripts maybe in order to add this capability.

i was able to land on the upper area on the back of the corvette, and i don't mean when its moving, i mean when its standing still with nobody in it, and i can't find a spot to get in it, i was only able to put myself in it from the editor 

16 minutes ago, acerarity said:

i was able to land on the upper area on the back of the corvette, and i don't mean when its moving, i mean when its standing still with nobody in it, and i can't find a spot to get in it, i was only able to put myself in it from the editor 

As I said ... these ships are not yet ready for landing on them and the points to get in are on their sides and not on back or top.