avibird 1

how to setup an end game trigger when all playable units are unconscious.

I have a very large coop mission template that I have been working on with a modified revive script that the playable units will never die only go unconscious. How would you setup an end game trigger when all the playable/ switchable units are unconscious. Avibird.

Any information on how to setup this kind of end mission trigger. 

I think your condition will look something like this.  Change "unconscious _x" part to however you test if a unit is unconcious. 

{!(isUnconscious _x)} count (playableUnits + switchableUnits) == 0;

The above is true when no playable/switchable units are conscious.

How do you test if a unit is uncoucious?

I am not really sure I use a modified version of  BTC= Quick Revive that I altered some of the files so units will never die even under water they will only go Unconscious.  there are some many files of codes that I am not sure where to look for where to check or know exactly what you what me to look for. I can add a few lines together after I get some redirection from others.

how would you put the lifestate into the  code like this {!(lifestate _x)} count (playableUnits + switchableUnits) == 0;

Well according to the wiki, if you setUnconcious a unit, his lifeState is INCAPACITATED.  If your scripts are using setUncoucious command, then this should be the trigger code:

{!(lifeState _x == "INCAPACITATED")} count (playableUnits + switchableUnits) == 0;

If you know the name of a unit, or if you (the player) is unconcious while testing, then you can verify the lifeState of the player using the debug console.  Type this into one of the 4 Watch boxes:

lifeState player

If it says INCAPACITATED, then we're on the right track.  I suggest this because I have no idea how your revive script achieves rendering players unconscious.

I took a brief look into =BTC= Quick Revive's code and they do not use setUnconscious so lifeState will not work. Instead, each unit is given a boolean btc_qr_unc (true = unconscious).

Let's modify johnnyboy's code with this in mind:

{!(_x getVariable ["btc_qr_unc", false])} count (playableUnits + switchableUnits) == 0;

• Like 1

Thank you both for the help and education on scripting  (:  I can't wait to test it out on my mission. I hope this would work. I have a large coop mission with 100 playable units divided into various groups.

Non of the units will ever die only go unconscious this was one component that I was missing to have the mission failed.

The design of the mission is to play coop with 16 players all in control of different groups of units - infantry paratroopers armor recon medical frogman gunships ect  or played by a single player like a large RTS with the ability to go first person and team switch into other units when needed. Avibird.

Late to the party but the easiest way I know of is to just do blufor countSide allUnits <= 0  because when you're incapacitated you get setCaptive'd, which means you aren't technically blufor or whatever anymore.  So it works out anyway.

• Like 1