Sign in to follow this  
SteemSucker

Suggestion: Collaborative Eden Editor

***I'm unsure if this is in the correct section if not please move it

I haven't seen anything like this but to me it seems like a really useful function. I've recently been in the situation where me and a buddy were both working on a mission file. We would use drop box and obviously couldn't work on it at the same time but that got me thinking - why not add a way to "host" an Eden session much like a server but that would allow others to work collaboratively on a mission file at the same time using the Eden interface. Surely this wouldn't be that difficult to implement? What are y'all's thoughts?

• Like 8

If you just want to place objects this might work (requires Ares) : Create a blank mission with two zeus slots. Open the mission and edit together, when you're done just export the mission file. 

On 2/9/2017 at 7:56 PM, omL said:

If you just want to place objects this might work (requires Ares) : Create a blank mission with two zeus slots. Open the mission and edit together, when you're done just export the mission file. 

I've done this, however for any sort of intensive mission editing, the full Eden editor is required. 

I would love to see something like this. I find myself in this position quite frequently with members of my unit who are not mission builders but have great ideas. It would be awesome to be able to collaboratively work on a mission or campaign in the eden editor.