marty6

Help needed for finding range between objects

Hi,

How does one find the range between placed objects in the editor?

How does one find the range between placed objects in the editor?

Do you actually mean whilst in the editor? Select both OBJECTs, then in the debugConsole type..

((get3DENSelected "Object") select 0) distance ((get3DENSelected "Object") select 1)

If they are not both OBJECTs then you will need to replace the keyword "Object" with the correct type, see command reference for get3DENSelected

Got it! Thanks gents.  However; I did find a way in the Eden editor. Right click on any object, in the menu go to 'log', select 'measure distance.  Do the same for the second object.  At the top of the eden editor screen a notification will appear with distance between the two objects.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, marty6 said:

Got it! Thanks gents.  However; I did find a way in the Eden editor. Right click on any object, in the menu go to 'log', select 'measure distance.  Do the same for the second object.  At the top of the eden editor screen a notification will appear with distance between the two objects.

That's interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks.

8 hours ago, marty6 said:

However; I did find a way in the Eden editor. Right click on any object, in the menu go to 'log', select 'measure distance

Do you have a mod or are on Dev branch as I do not see 'measure distance' in my vanilla stable branch.

I do have the 3den Enhanced installed.  Not doing the Dev branch atm.