JohnnyHotPockets

Help with getting AI to resume Animation, have looked everywhere

Hi Guys,

I'm using this: 

[this,"SIT_LOW","FULL",{(player distance _this) < 5}] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat;

which is great and works awesomely for detecting the player. I want to know what can i change player to so that it ignores blufor players and only detects on opfor players or ai? and return back to the animation state

I have been searching and fiddling for 2 days now with no luck.

Thank you in advance. 

If you want to filter blufor players then write it in the thread title, this has nothing to do with animation.

How to solve a problem TL;DR:

1. Define the problem ( {(player distance _this) < 5 } captures blufor players)
  2. Think of a way to solve it ( add another condition )
  3. Find the means to solve it ( wiki: side )
  4. Solve it ( {(player distance _this) < 5 && side player != west} )
  5. Check if it works

BTW if you want to break the animation when the unit detects an enemy then don't put in any condition at all. Are you trying to make a blind guard?

Edit: If you want a blind guard that snaps out if any non-blufor gets within 5 meters then I guess { count (nearestObjects [_this, ["Man"], 5] select {side _x != west}) > 0 } would work.

Thank you for ur help, much appreciated. As i said, i had been searching for the last 2 days but couldnt find/understand somthing that worked. Hence why i turned to making a post. 

Now i cant figure out how to get the AI to return back to the start and wait for another enemy to appear