Sign in to follow this  
jafergon

New ingame ship screenshots

Is there an aircraft carrier in the works after this? *wink wink*

If so i got an idea and i dont know where else to post this. You know how you go slower on dirt than you go on a street, well if you can change those properties on different parts of the carrier, maybe you can have it go really fast on the takeoff area to simlate the catapults and have it really slow in the landing area to simulate the wires.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there an aircraft carrier in the works after this? *wink wink*

<span id='postcolor'>

couch couch wink.gif

I dont suppose you could release a beta...?  smile.gif

I want to check that thing out

edit: btw, LSD is better nomenclature, not DLS. But when that's the biggest gripe I have with something, you are on the right track smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ Sep. 30 2002,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 30 2002,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanx for the new screenshots, looking fantastic smile.gif

I have a question, what happens when it's destroyed? Assuming it can be destroyed smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why would you want to destroy such a piece of art?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Because of the chance you might be inside it? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blomstermann @ Oct. 01 2002,00:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Brilliant work! But pleeeeease dont release a beta version of it, wait until you are 100% done, just a tip smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't mean release it to you people- I want him to send me one tounge.gif

Fine work, really beautiful.

I see that there is room enough for 2 big choppers on the deck, so that's a fair sized force available for airlanding scenarios. How many vehicles can be parked inside, assuming about M113 size? How many troops d'you think can fit into the ship?

How difficult is it to place troops and vehicles in and on the ship during scenario creation? The current LST is a pain in the arse, I'm finding it very difficult if not not impossible to place a chopper on the flight deck, even if one can land on it fairly easily. Can the AI land on your ship without dropping the aircraft in the drink?

As for your next project, the 150m limit is about 20m shorter than USS Tripoli, so you could still make an assault ship with room for more helis, and remain more or less realistic. I suppose that you could stick a dock in it as well, and you'd have an OFP assault ship that represents Tarawa and others within the constraints of the game pretty well. When someone creates a good AV8B or Sea Harrier, a carrier of this size should be adequate for the job for game purposes, and in the meantime, would be great for helis and amphibious landings.

I do have a few questions here, but don't feel you have to answer them; all will be revealed when you release your ship, and the less time you spend answering questions, the more time you'll have.

Good luck!

will the aircraft on the deck move when the ship moves? or will it be like infantry and slide off the boat?

Just curious but

A) Does the sickbay operate like a field hospital, where you can be healed?

B) Can the Marines on board "mount" the racks?

C) Are there weapons issue areas? So that pre-invasion, you can go get "Issued" (IE: You grab it out of an ammo cache) your weapon of choice?

D) How the hell do you drive that thing, and how fast can it go?

BTW, What type of chinook is that you've got, and are those different types of infantry?

And of course, the customary yet well deserved, "DAMN GOOD WORK! ALL HAIL KING OF THE ADDONS!"

DUDE, GOOD JOB, u just entered between Alessandro's small list of GR8 addon makers. dude I dont think you realise how mush the man you are. I wount be surprised if bis himself when they saw ur PIECE would be surprised and awed. Man I use to be the man, but now u are!!!!!

is this for resistance or old ofp?

if its not for old ofp, please make it for old ofp. P L E A S E!!! I am begging.

Ill add my thanks to everyone else's , that looks awesome

I cant wait to have this along with some marine choppers .

I think it would feature in all my missions , its just remarkable the talent that is on display here.

Top work

its for resistance, in 1.46 the hit detection was fixed yet

I think this guy has answered every ofp player's dreams..... but alas my 512mb of ram and a Ge FOrce 4 came today so im going to the dark side....... bf 1942...... but i will be back to try this ship...... and i will go on the news site every day..... but i wont be playing ofp no where near as much sad.gifconfused.gif

Great Work!

Is it ossible to set on helipad 2 M1A1 and move like battle ship? smile.gif

Very nice work you`ve got there. Ive got some questions, though:

1: It has 6500 faces. So what does that do to the OFP engine. Are we looking in doubling the recommended sys.specs for OFP then? Figure this boat, some APCs onboard, two Chinnoks on deck and the decks full of troops and all that in one frame? Smells "2GHz and GF4 STRONGLY recommended" a long way...

2: You say that people can move inside the ship below decks, and not on the outside? Does that mean that its possible to make, say, an 747 and people in the back can move around in the plane? A terrorist Vs SecretService fight onboard a inflight AirForceOne would be cool! "Save/kill the president!" smile.gif.

3: Most of OFP buildings are somewhat buggy when it comes to collision detection, aka filled with small "holes" that enable a unit to get trough walls, fall out windows etc. This happens very often when your running.  Because its a ship, anyone who falls of will drown (because, as in most military games these days, no hard-ass soldier can swim..). If there is such problems then walking trought the ships corridors will be more dangerous than walking trough a minefield. How have you dealt with that problem?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (James McKenzie-Smith @ Sep. 30 2002,17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fine work, really beautiful.

I see that there is room enough for 2 big choppers on the deck, so that's a fair sized force available for airlanding scenarios. How many vehicles can be parked inside, assuming about M113 size? How many troops d'you think can fit into the ship?

How difficult is it to place troops and vehicles in and on the ship during scenario creation? The current LST is a pain in the arse, I'm finding it very difficult if not not impossible to place a chopper on the flight deck, even if one can land on it fairly easily. Can the AI land on your ship without dropping the aircraft in the drink?

As for your next project, the 150m limit is about 20m shorter than USS Tripoli, so you could still make an assault ship with room for more helis, and remain more or less realistic. I suppose that you could stick a dock in it as well, and you'd have an OFP assault ship that represents Tarawa and others within the constraints of the game pretty well. When someone creates a good AV8B or Sea Harrier, a carrier of this size should be adequate for the job for game purposes, and in the meantime, would be great for helis and amphibious landings.

I do have a few questions here, but don't feel you have to answer them; all will be revealed when you release your ship, and the less time you spend answering questions, the more time you'll have.

Good luck!<span id='postcolor'>

James Mackenzie-Smith.. wow.. I wondered what happened to you. biggrin.gif We talked a lot back when Cold War Flashpoint had it's own forum (I think I missed out on being a Veteran by like 2 days). Nice to see you're still around.  smile.gif

As for a ship, I think the Italian San Giorgio-class LSD might be workable. It's got a flight deck of less than 150m.

SanMarco1.jpg

Displacement: 7,665 tons full load

Dimensions: 133.3 x 20.5 x 5.25 meters (371.5 x 67 x 17 feet)

Propulsion: 2 diesels, 2 shafts, 16,800 bhp, 21 knots

Crew: 170

Aviation: full-length flight deck; 5 CH-47 or SH-3D helicopters

Well Deck: 20.5 x 7 meters (67 x 23 feet)

Troops: 400 (or cadets)

Cargo: 30 APC, 99 cubic meters refrigerated, 300 cubic meters dry

stores, 60 tons aviation fuel

Radar: SPS-702 air/surface search

Armament: 76 mm OTO DP (L9894 only), 2 20 mm, 2 12.7 mm MG

LPD/LSD-type ships with full-length flight deck.  Details vary.

The first two units have been modified with an expanded flight deck,

allowing operation of four helicopters at the same time. L9894 is

configured as a training ship.