Sign in to follow this  
jafergon

New ingame ship screenshots

Vixer, you may already know this, but the gun used in the Goalkeeper system is the same GAU-8/A that is used in the A-10 Warthog tank killer.

Wow! Holy shit! I must be dreaming!

Please, don't wake me up....

GREAT and outstanding good work! smile.gif

I just can't stop grinning, thanx!

Man i am going to start a new religion and you are my GOD!!!

This is a ship that i have been wanting badly, i even consider to do it by myself but you have made a better job than i could ever do!

Release it soon, i cant wait to launch an amphibious assault of the spanish marines from the LPD Galicia!!

(I just feel an involuntarious orgasm, think my trowsers are wet)

wow.gif

*lost for words*

*getting emotional*

*life = 1/3 waiting sad.gif *

Will it have like opening doors, You can get in the command post and mess hall and such, below deck?

Little things make it good, even when the vehicle itself is big smile.gif

FUCK! How the, what the.......... FUCK!!!

THAT IS SO DAMN COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question though. Is it 1.75, or both? Will that sort of thing work in 1.46?

Cheers (and bloody good work)

Mr B

Thats friking amazing. Love it, I do. Wish more people would design large ships with interiors, at that. Like a static *cough* aircraft carrier. wouldnt that complement this nicely. of course, thats just a shameless plug. I especially like how you designed the ship to be walked through; instead of just placing entry points where the poor fellow is glued to the floor. It might not be pilotable, but that thing isnt exactly the most manuverable boat out their anyways.

anyways, enough of my ramblings: good work!

Amazing work Jafergon! Those details are so great. When I saw the inside thumb pic I thought it was a real ship!

Are you the same Jafergon from Spain I remember from "The Veterans"? ;-) Please contact me with ICQ if you still use it...

Adios!

That looks GREAT...

I almost sunk my own ship because of that pic...

Just one concern..

Whats the poly count on that beauty???

Nice.

Lets hope it gets released.

Anyone remember that LST that was supposed to be released that could take tanks and stuff?

Thanks a lot for your comments!!!!!!! As I promised yesterday, I have new screenshots, but first I´ll answer some questions:

-Yes you can walk around all the interior of the ship. I´ve included the following areas: Navigation bridge, mess hall, sickbay, vehicle storage, weapons storage, sailor berthings, "mardet" berthings (Marine Detachment), Air ops and Officers  lounge. The ship has 7 decks and you can go everywhere. (you´ll pobably get lost the first time you get onboard  like in the real thing)

-When the ship is moving you´ll fall off the deck edge unless you are inside sad.gif sorry it´s because the OFP physics simulation engine, I can´t do anything.

- My first attempt was to make a LHD like Tarawa , or a V/STOL carrier  but I foud a limit in the Geometry and roadway LODs that doesn´t allow to walk on objects bigger than 150 meters (this is an approximate figure).

-I´ve been working on it for two weeks

-I haven´t tested it yet with 1.46, but you´ll probably need 1.75 because the "bouncing effect" wasn´t fixed until that verision. I´ll let you know if it´s possible later

-As for the polycount, the finished model has about 6500 faces.

I´ll reveal more features in a later post, so stay tunned...

Jafergon

P.S. Vikingo, yeah, I´m the same one from the veterans smile.gif   I´m no longer using ICQ, but you can write me to my e-mail.

LSD11.jpg

LSD12.jpg

LSD13.jpg

LSD4.jpg

LSD6.jpg

That s really awesome work !!!!!!!

So .... ETA still around this weekend ?

*cough* tonight ? *cough*

PS : thx for showing us pics when almost finished, i cant think what had happened if the release was still 2 weeks smile.gif

Wow, i can't wait!Nice job!

That reminds me of SOFII.The mission on the boat, with all the bad guys on it, in diffrent parts of the boat. smile.gif

Thanx for the new screenshots, looking fantastic smile.gif

I have a question, what happens when it's destroyed? Assuming it can be destroyed smile.gif

Looks like a good machine but... Nobody know about only static object only for vehicles landing. The moving static is inpossible without some newest patch for ofp. Some like a 1.80 or MP TEST 1.60 .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Sep. 30 2002,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanx for the new screenshots, looking fantastic smile.gif

I have a question, what happens when it's destroyed? Assuming it can be destroyed smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why would you want to destroy such a piece of art? tounge.gif