Sign in to follow this  
jafergon

New ingame ship screenshots

i think people need to put the polygon count into perspective, an external view of a gun is 100-300 polgons and external view of a jeep is 1000-1500 an external view of a helicopter is 2000-2500, it gets bigger as the subject of the model gets bigger, if you took a random chunk (equalling the same size of the ship) of the big town on nogova(name escapes me) it would be about the same amount of polys and probably half the detail, so it will basically be like a floating town smile.gif

You sir, are a god.

This adds a whole new element to the game, such as Naval boarding parties, off-shore assualts and other such greats.

OOOhhhhh tounge.gif  Drible

We will have to work up an ORBAT for that Beauty 2 Chinooks. (Scripted up to carry 46 troops each)

Maybe 4 Higgins Boats or 4 M113s another 50 troops say a marine company.

What is the normal compliment for that type?

Great work jafergon

Walker smile.gif

Hmm Capture the Boat anyone?? biggrin.gif

It looks really really good!!!

I love it !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (walker @ Oct. 01 2002,14:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We will have to work up an ORBAT for that Beauty 2 Chinooks. (Scripted up to carry 46 troops each)

Maybe 4 Higgins Boats or 4 M113s another 50 troops say a marine company.

What is the normal compliment for that type?<span id='postcolor'>

I've read they can carry around 400-500 troops.  However, I think this addon looks like it's a cut down version of the real thing, but it could still carry a few hundered men. smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-

This might be a bit uncalled for (making further requests), but would it be possible to mount some .50 caliber MGs around the main deck? IIRC, most US Navy ships have 4-6 .50 cals for close in defense (but usually leave them unloaded, like the USS Cole).

I'm not sure if it would be possible on the static version, but I doubt it would work on the mobile one.

Just showing my respect to jafergon, can't wait to play with this peace of art! Keep up the good work.

Guest WhiteShark

Really Nice wink.gif

Dude that is insaine, I have bean waiting for something like this since the OFP came out! This is the best thing I have ever seen what a work of ART it is a Masterpice!

Can you give us some more screen shots please Drool Drool Drool RAVENOUS!

I am really looking forward to this ship. However, since I do not own Resistance(as many ppl don't), please make a static version.

Well then there's another great reason to buy Resistance, not forgetting all the great stuff that comes with Resistance anyway biggrin.gif

Wow look at that... finally a useful add-on for OFP :-) (Sorry, civilian car add-ons aren't really useful for military operations ;P)

But good job, it looks awesome! :-)

When does this boat come out? Im Itchi'n to play around with this thing. I after all do come from a USMC family and we do like the Gator NAVY. SIMPER FI! HOOWA!

I think billy madison put it best when he was surprised by something. (those who have seen the movie will understand)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent work man. Keep it up. I look forward to seeing your next project. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (m16a2m203 @ Oct. 01 2002,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How boat a big ass hovercraft next? Looks great.<span id='postcolor'>

How about one of these?

nk1232desant.jpg

It's a Russian Navy Zubr (Bison) landing craft, but two have been sold to Greece.

GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to to dl... but if the ship is moving, that means the unit that is on the deck will move away? thats weird, this is all goes to BIS huh, BIS can u please please please please please... fix this problem... flashpoint is one of the best game i know, and this game can have many things on it, the game design allow u to have many things that ordinary game doesnt have!!!

Great Work always need more sea addons not just land wars. And for others lol chill hes not done with the first ship already asking for a second one. Still I just cant wait to make small Islands with wrp edit and missions great addon once again. truely your the OFP GOD.

A quick suggestion, if I may, on a workaround for the problem of the ship moving while troops are on board. Maybe if you designated an area of the ship where troops can get into the ship as cargo (just like in a BMP or a Bradley), and have a row of benches where they sit, then moving troops around wouldnt result in mass clipping and a platoon overboard. Not perfect, but it might help.

lsd5.jpg

wawu... my marines on a ship... nice

Keep up the good work! biggrin.gif

Jafergon. You really did wake up the whole OFP comunity.

Your work is really impresive. I can't wait to create a map based on that wonderful ship.

You are delivering what most of us have been dreaming long ago for this game.

You are even fixing what some of us naval sims fanatics have been wishing for too long. A ship you can walk and move around.

THANK YOU!!! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oye żno podrias ponerle el numeral L51 como nuestro Galicia? żY una banderita rojo y gualda? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This is the Spanish Ship Galicia wich I wish you could model someday wink.gif

galiciaspain.jpg

galicia.jpg