Pan Samogon

Retro AR madness{WIP}

12.5k is a bit much, but shouldn't be too bad. If you want to improve, few areas could be simplified, like perhaps the right side of the receiver, the back of the stock, and the sling rings: things that aren't the most visible and things that aren't very close to the eye.

38 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

12.5k is a bit much

It really isn't. Certainly not in terms of triangles.

There are plenty of weapon addons for this game that have face counts >7k in mixed quads and tris in their top LOD for the view Pilot, which is what would roughly equate to 12-14k when fully converted to tris. So this is definitely in the ballpark.

Make good LODs and it'll be fine

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wsxcgy said:

12.5k is a bit much, but shouldn't be too bad. If you want to improve, few areas could be simplified, like perhaps the right side of the receiver, the back of the stock, and the sling rings: things that aren't the most visible and things that aren't very close to the eye.

12.5k is fine.

and because this weapon cannot take any sort of attachments, it's actually lower than your average kited out m4 or ak or whatever...

PS: put a vert count instead of tri count next time ;)

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

There are plenty of weapon addons for this game that have face counts >7k in mixed quads and tris in their top LOD for the view Pilot, which is what would roughly equate to 12-14k when fully converted to tris. So this is definitely in the ballpark.

1 minute ago, PuFu said:

12.5k is fine.

and because this weapon cannot take any sort of attachments, it's actually lower than your average kited out m4 or ak or whatever...

My bad.

6 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Well,Triangle is a simplies n-gone,so I always just count triangles.vert count is around 8k.AFAIK 3ds max count even triangles inside n-gones.

6 hours ago, PuFu said:

12.5k is fine.

PS: put a vert count instead of tri count next time ;)

It will have attachments in the future :P Optics and muzzle at least.

Future models will be heavier in case of polycount,Carabine buttstock and UGL versions will definitely increace this a lot.Vert count is around 8-9k.

Well when you are able to optimize it more on some unnoticeable parts then sure go ahead

also something extra for you :smile_o:

• Like 1

Just some friendly advice for future HP projects, NGONS are your best friend when working on flat surfaces, don't be afraid to use them, they will save you a lot of time. No one cares about how clean your topology is on the high poly, as long as it looks ok and bakes fine, you'll be good. ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roberthammer said:

Well when you are able to optimize it more on some unnoticeable parts then sure go ahead

Probably,If Ill weld together Upper and Lower receiver I can save some polygones.But I don't want to do this,since planning to make this modular as much as possible.My perfect plan - make every military issued variants of ARs,including Colt Canada and Asian Clones.But it's for the future.Currently - at least make retro versions,well lack of time hurts.

• Like 2

Bad news.

Too bad,but I took 1st stage of alcohol addiction.Project frozen till I get sober,probably 1-2 months if I'll be lucky.

If anyone wanna get current progress - PM me.Im sorry guys.

Good luck and hold strong migo -game is trivial compared to such things so dont even worry bout it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

Good luck and hold strong migo -game is trivial compared to such things so dont even worry bout it.

Since I understood drinking vodka like water isn't ok... I'll be fine... just need some time.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Samogon vs. Vodka? It's interesting who will win at the end?:drinking2:

m16a1_1.jpg

Im back... sober and clean.

Still learn to baking.Here is baked normal map of buttstock.Desided to create maps for buttstock for training,cuz it's simplier piece of model.

• Like 11

quick weekly update...

seems now I can into baking.Not really masterpiece,after 2d polishing it could be fine I think.

1.jpg

• Like 3

Do you plan on making models with 30 round STANAG? I've been working on a similar project myself, I'm just curious which direction you're going. 

8 hours ago, wendyvonbraun said:

Do you plan on making models with 30 round STANAG? I've been working on a similar project myself, I'm just curious which direction you're going. 

Yes.Current plans include M16A1 and CAR15 variants.And UGL variants ofcource.

Literally 20rnd mag is just a placeholder for 30rnd,cuz I don't want spend time to it right now.

Spoiler

300px-Colt_Commando_and_SEAL.JPEG

1200px-USAF_MP_with_Colt_Commando.JPEG

Always ready for help btw.Im short on free time. :f:

• Like 2

Just found out about this project, very cool to see and can't wait to start shooting bad doods in a classical manner.

quick weekly update...
seems now I can into baking.Not really masterpiece,after 2d polishing it could be fine I think.

1.jpg

I would change the smoothing groups up a bit

Congrats on getting sober. Addiction is rough, I know many that never recovered.

I'm sure modding will help so keep at it. ;)

• Like 1

Congrats on getting sober. Addiction is rough, I know many that never recovered.

Out of one addiction into another (albeit a better one)
  • Like 2

My perfect plan - make every military issued variants of ARs,including Colt Canada

Mmmmmm Colt Canada, I can help with that ;)

On 08.05.2017 at 8:36 PM, warlord554 said:

Much likely hidden depression... sadly but it was found after one terrible event... I have left palm damaged.

Something like nerve cut,painfull as hell and I didn't feel my little finger,well lucky my palm still active.

I trying to stay away from using keyboard as much as I can now cuz it's slightly painful.

Spoiler

P_20170510_122945.jpg

On 09.05.2017 at 3:54 AM, warden_1 said:

Out of one addiction into another (albeit a better one)

Still not finish UVs,cuz lack of time and situation above... :eh: