Gruppe Adler Script Modules

This is a list of modules that we built for various missions. All of them multiplayer and JIP proof. All of them easy to implement into your mission.

Download and insert them manually, or use npm. More information on each module as well as installation, configuration and dependencies can be found on github. Most require CBA and ACE.

• grad-loadout - class based, reliable loadout system
  • grad-leaveNotes - write notes on paper, pass them to other players, place them on the ground, compare handwriting
  • grad-makeFire - build fires (if trees are near), add more wood to make it bigger, add leaves to make it smoke
  • grad-listbuymenu - class based buy menu, very versatile, categories, pictures, descriptions, buy-permissions
  • grad-moneymenu - money framework, can be used in conjunction with listbuymenu or standalone, give money to players, take money from (dead/captured) players, store money in containers, bank accounts
  • grad-scoreboard - a dynamic scoreboard, displays what you give it, (does not save statistics for you)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRAD Loadout

GRAD Loadout is a class based loadout system that applies loadouts on missionstart based on unit type. Works on AI as well as players.

Organizing loadouts in classes makes it very manageable and easy to read. Most importantly though, it means you can use inheritance. A medic can inherit his loadout from a rifleman and add a backpack full of medical equipment. 

Check out these loadouts for US Army soldiers with OCP camo as an example.

class USOCP {
    class AllUnits {
        uniform = "rhs_uniform_cu_ocp";
        vest = "rhsusf_iotv_ocp_Rifleman";
        headgear = "rhsusf_ach_helmet_ocp";
        primaryWeapon = "rhs_weap_m4a1_blockII_bk";
    };
    class Type {
        //Rifleman
        class Soldier_F {
            addItemsToUniform[] = {
                "ACE_MapTools",
                "ACE_EarPlugs"
            };
            addItemsToVest[] = {
                LIST_2("HandGrenade"),
                LIST_8("30Rnd_556x45_Stanag")
            };
        };
        //Asst. Autorifleman
        class soldier_AAR_F: Soldier_F {
            backpack = "rhsusf_assault_eagleaiii_ocp";
            addItemsToBackpack[] = {
                LIST_2("rhs_200rnd_556x45_M_SAW"),
                "rhsusf_100Rnd_556x45_M200_soft_pouch"
            };
        };
    };
};

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GRAD Leave Notes

GRAD Leave Notes allows players to write messages on a notepad. Notes can then be placed on the ground, passed to other players or stored in (virtual) inventory. Notes that you found on the ground can be inspected for their handwriting. Every handwriting is represented by a font as well as a modifier+adjective combo. For example, on inspection a note's handwriting might show up as "very elegant". Now if you find another note with "very elegant" handwriting, you know that it was likely written by the same person.

Number of notes that a players can write, or if a player can write note at all can be configured in mission config and with script commands.

GRAD Make Fire

GRAD Make Fire allows players to build fires if there are trees nearby. More wood can be added once, making the fire bigger. Leaves can be added twice making the fire smoke. Fires will burn out after a certain time (configurable). An extinguished or burned out fire can be inspected, giving you information about the time since it went out (e.g. "The embers are still slightly glimming."). 

We are using this module in a TvT mission in which a downed pilot is to be rescued/captured by two opposing teams. The pilot can build these fires as a way to signal his position.

GRAD List Buymenu

GRAD List Buymenu is a fully configurable buy menu supporting inventory items, weapons, vehicles, units or even your own script code. All of these can be given prices, categories, item stocks, descriptions and preview pictures. Multiple sets of buyables can be configured, giving you the possibility to buy different items at different locations. Inventory items will be either placed directly into the buyer's inventory, into the trader's cargo space or on the ground. Vehicles will be spawned at a suitable location nearby. Optionally you can set permissions on items, allowing you to control who can buy what.

Here it is in action in an early version of an upcoming mission. Note that I have yet to configure the description of some of these items in the mission.

GRAD List Buymenu also has the ability to track what users buy. Even across multiple missions. Admins can then use a chat command to view the statistics:

An example of a config for this menu can be found here.

class Items {
    displayName = "Items";
    kindOf = "Items";

class ACE_fieldDressing {
        displayName = "Bandages (x10)";
        description = "10 simple bandages in sterile packaging.";
        amount = 10;
        price = 100;
        stock = 40;
    };
};

class Vehicles {
    permissionLevel = 3;

displayName = "Vehicles";
    kindOf = "Vehicles";
    spawnEmpty = 1;

class rhsusf_m998_w_s_4dr_fulltop {
        condition = "uo_missionParam_ISWOODLAND";
        displayName = "Commandvehicle";
        description = "Functions as a backup respawn and buymenu access position.";
        price = 10000;
        stock = 1;

code = "[_this select 2] call uo_fnc_setCommandVehicle;";
    };
};

GRAD Money Menu

GRAD Money Menu can be used supplementary to GRAD List Buymenu, or as a standalone money system. It allows you to give money to players, take money from captive, surrendered, or dead players and store money in containers. Storage containers can have an owner or be accessible by everyone. Deposit and withdraw money at an ATM and do bank transfers to other players. Check your account at an ATM and see your latest receipts.

Lots of pictures in the readme on github.

IEec1pW.jpg

GRAD Scoreboard

GRAD Scoreboard will take an array of statistics and display them for your in a nice and tidy dialog.

It supports any number of columns and rows and will automatically adjust its size as well as the width of each column accordingly. It will try to find the local players name and highlight it.  Below the actual scoreboard, you can optionally display a second dialog for additional statistics.

Here it is with some fake statistics. Note that the winrates are unrounded. Rounding has to be done before feeding the array.

DL7b4bG.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Update: GRAD List Buymenu - Tracking

• improved documentation (moved to Wiki)
  • automatic display name / description for certain item types (read from config)
  • ability to track what users buy, even across different missions
  • chatcommand for admins to display the recorded statistics:

Hello, I am wondering if there is an example mission utilizing grad-listbuymenu - class based buy menu and grad-moneymenu in conjunction with one another? I cannot figure out how to add funds to the "side". I have playable BLU_F characters and I execute [WEST, 5000] call grad_lbm_fnc_addFunds; and no credits are added. Any help would be appreciated. Are all BLU_F players considered "WEST"?

grad_lbm_fnc_setFunds
This function sets funds of an account. Effect is global.

Syntax
[account,funds] call grad_lbm_fnc_setFunds

Parameter	Explanation
account	Object or Side - The unit or side whose funds to set.
funds	Number - The funds to add to the unit.
Example
[player,5000] call grad_lbm_fnc_setFunds;
[WEST,2000] call grad_lbm_fnc_setFunds;

I did get [p_1, 5000] call grad_lbm_fnc_addFunds; to add 5000 funds to my BLU_F character named p_1. 

The grad-listbuymenu  is fantastic work. Is there by chance going to have a sell menu? Selling of old equipment would be great. I'm thinking perhaps whatever items you want to sell you place it in the cargo box and it sells for half of the buying price.

Looks awesome, however i am having issues understanding how to implement the buy menu into my mission, as i am new to scripting and mission making in general

(edit) I have the moneymenu installed and running no problem, but more specifically im not sure how to add an interaction onto an object for buy menu or how to customize buy menus with weapons and prices

Hello, love the BuyMenu so far but I ran into an issue with recruiting units and having them automatically joining the players group. Im new to adding my own lines to the configs so I was wondering if you or anyone who reads this could point me in the right direction. I have my own custom units placed already but im just stuck on the "Code =" part, where im guessing thats where the group joining will be defined. Any help is appreciated!

Edit: Well barely 10mins after I posted this, I solved my issue. I wandered on to the github and looked into the solved issues forum and found this line by McDiod: Code = "if (isServer) then {(units (_this select 2)) joinSilent (_this select 0)}";

Solved my issue and works perfect. Ill keep this post here just in case someone runs into the same issue.

Edited by RzVirus
Sovled issue
  • Thanks 1

I cannot make the buymenu to work on dedicated. The buy menu doesn't show up at all. This is how I initialize it. 

//initServer.sqf

[aHumvee,"AmericanStuff",aHumvee,aHelipad,"American Store","Buy American Things",{side player == WEST}] remoteExec ["grad_lbm_fnc_addInteraction", 0];

It is working perfectly in eden editor.