max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Well other than being in the wrong forum;

....could have sworn I clicked on the "mods complete" section. Old age ! Apologies

If I run Ace my fps tank.

@MisterOth

Many thanks!  In all my Googling, that never came up. By all appearances, this looks like it's just what I need. Been fiddling for a bit but can't get it to work.

Steps taken:

1) created a simple mission in Editor. (dropped a car and a player) Saved it.

2) Created a init.sqf, and copied the data from the link you provided at  Armaholic. Now,....the author did say to enter my Steam64 ID's. This is where I'm not sure which number to enter.:dontgetit:

//=========================== Admin UID List
_uid = getPlayerUID player;
_whitelist = ["UID1","UID2","UID3","UID4"]; //Change these to your steam64 id's

Dropped it in my mission folder

3) copied the unlock.sqf to my mission folder.

Went back in to the Editor and "play as character" but does not work.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nichols said:

Well other than being in the wrong forum

I swear I hit the "mods Complete" section,......Old Age!

22 hours ago, Nichols said:

why wouldn't you use the complete ACE mod for its functionality?

fps tank

@MisterOth

Thanks,....It looks like this is exactly what I want. One question, When entering my UID would you mind detailing this for me? I'm not sure which number from Steam,..I have four.:dontgetit:

30 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

Thanks,....It looks like this is exactly what I want. One question, When entering my UID would you mind detailing this for me? I'm not sure which number from Steam,..I have four.:dontgetit:

Use your primary ID that you play the game with the most; especially the ID that you use on servers you run.

Hi folks,

Just tapping into the global community to ask if anyone has come up with a Garrison Cap model?

paratrooper-infantry-garrison-cap.jpg

image.jpg

us-navy-khaki-garrison-cap-and-flightsui

Hi @pvt. partz

1* Copy the sqf file into your mission

2* Dont need ID, just copy this

Spoiler

player addAction ["[Unlock\Lock]", "execVM 'unlock.sqf'", [], 1, false, false, "", "count nearestObjects [player, ['Armored','Car','Support','Submarine','LandVehicle', 'Ship', 'Air'], 5] > 0"],

In init.sqf

I play only SP so I don't know ID is for what

Hi mate there is a lovely one in the US Equipment and Accessories mod which is a World War 2 based mod. Would definitely recommend checking it out for the other stuff too especially if you're a Band of Brothers/WW2 US Airborne Fan.

216.157.78.176:10427

That is the Teamspeak 3 IP for an amazing World War 2 US Airborne community. I am not a part of it but it's gorgeous as a group.

Hey there everyone,

As someone whose been playing Arma since before it was Arma back in the OFP days, I've loved watching this community grow into what it is today. I just recently was lucky enough to get Arma 3 on sale (FINALLY) back during the winter steam sale and wow it is just wonderful. That being said a lot has changed in my life since I was 12. I think OFP played a huge part in my decision to enlist and go active duty in the military.

That being said, going AD leaves me with not a lot of time and figuring out how to mod and texture and port and import takes a lot of time that I don't have. I hate asking others for help especially when it comes to doing something I know I can teach myself. So here I am, humbled enough to ask the community if they would be willing to create or refer me to something that might be what I'm looking for.

I've grown attached to the AAF somehow but their lack of vehicles leaves me wanting. Even with CUP and Aegis there selection is still slim or lacking in quality so I'm wondering if anyone could reskin maybe some HMMWVs from RHS to the AAF side or any vehicles that are high quality models for that matter. I feel just about any nationality can be justified in the arsenal of the AAF although I prefer to keep it inline with something that Greece is currently using or would be likely to use. Let me know what you guys think! And thank you for the read!

I'm looking for an addon/script that simply lets the AI communicate with each other and nothing else.

For instance, if a squad of troops see an enemy I want them to be able to inform other squads within their immediate area as long as they have a radio item.

There used to be a mod for Arma 2 called "Grouplink", but I don't think it works in Arma 3 anymore.

I would make it myself, but I'm not very good with variables and coding in general. I imagine that it would probably look something like this:

leader group reveal _enemy

Squads not talking to each other even though they're just a few feet away from each other is extremely aggravating.

I don't need anything super complicated.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

What would the chances of more naval ships being added? Like WW2 era ones? I was thinking pacific styled ships. Maybe along the lines of destroyers such as the Fubuki, Shiratsuyu, Mutuski, Shimakaze, Kidd, Clemson, Gearing, or something along those lines. I know that due to the engine used in Arma 3 it is difficult to do a large vehicle, like the Iowa. But if it were destroyers that were made or even a cruiser, the lengths should be on the boarderline of the length and all that. It would just be really nice to have some missions with friends or even a unit where we take the ships and the friends/ unit to crew the ships. I know we got the WW2 Warships coming but from what it seems so far the only things inculded are going to be the U-boats, Flower class corvette, plus the two civilian vessels. The dev mentioned wanting to add a British destroyer but I don't know if that would go through. Again just would be nice to have something like that to have ops around. 

On 8/8/2018 at 12:12 AM, avengedcanadian said:

I think it would be really cool to have a M777 155mm Howitzer m777-howitzer-m.jpg

Yup , M777 coupled with M982 Excalibur would be really cool stuff !  Especially if can be carried with choppers  

Spoiler

Landing_Support_Marines_conduct_Helicopt

top011.jpg

This would add a lot of gameplay ....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MONIIITER said:

This would add a lot of gameplay ....

There are some similar static weapons - artillery in CUP mod and massi vehicles if i remember.

• Like 2

#posted on  Project Infinite v1.0

1 minute ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:
2 hours ago, cervantes said:

one new and great challenge for animators :)

Hello there to Everyone !

I will just add an idea here ,

since we are talking about animations and Bnae is doing great with these ! ,

it would be great to have also weapon malfunctions animation like in this video :

The most of the players wouldn't like their rifle to jam , but Guys , this is the reality !

Thanks !

• Like 1

So, I've been trying to create my own addon which is only supposed to add another 35mm oerlikon belt+ammo which is based off AHEAD (submunitions against missiles etc), idea sort of came from 

Where Strike_NOR suggested it to be used for more consistent damage.

Anyway, I was only trying to create 1 new magazine config but I ran into the issue where certain magazines  weren't defined, long story short, I would like to know if there's anyone that can help me create a simple config mod which introduces one new ammo type that can be used in the existing tigris/cheetah (through console commands).
Or an example of a simple mod which does something akin to this would be greatly appreciated :D.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to make a mod to record a game like the 'After Action Report' (AAR) in VBS?

On the server this would record the position and action of each unit in an area around the player including players themselves so that the game could be played back later.

This would be amazing for recording videos capturing the actual action of a game from various angles.

Could even have an impact on ARMA in E-Sports...

52 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Does anyone know if it would be possible to make a mod to record a game like the 'After Action Report' (AAR) in VBS?

On the server this would record the position and action of each unit in an area around the player including players themselves so that the game could be played back later.

This would be amazing for recording videos capturing the actual action of a game from various angles.

Could even have an impact on ARMA in E-Sports...

I would say not in anyway efficient or accurate way. I think Arma lacks features for accurate playback even if you managed to capture positions, directions and such for all objects.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, that's what I suspected :(

ARMA has a hard enough time dealing with MP data without having to write it at the same time.

Thanks for the reply HorribleGoat.

Would be great if default inventory screen showed character modeling like pubg, dayz inventory will sorta look like this                 

unknown.png?width=1073&height=671

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2018 at 1:39 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

There are some similar static weapons - artillery in CUP mod and massi vehicles if i remember.

Don't know about massi vehicles but  in CUP and RHS mods  there are M-119 howitzers .... and those105mm towed gun-howitzers can't be compared with modern 155mm M777 at all .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MONIIITER said:

can't be compared with modern 155mm M777 at all .

It's true and it would be a good idea , having these kind of weaponry!

• Like 1

I don't know if this can be done with the limitations of the Arms engine, but would be great to see commercial drones for civilian use and for opfor terrorist factions instead of using the military and Idap one's?

Hello,

an add-on featuring riot police with the appropriate weaponry would be nice. Weaponry such as shields, tear gas, flash-bangs, police clubs and water throwing vehicles. 

• Like 1