max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

More stuff by Alex Jessup. Just delete if double posting is against the rules.

alex-jessup-helmets.jpg?1450664637alex-jessup-haarp-device-big-final-for-s

alex-jessup-c210-extraction.jpg?14222286

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 6osbo said:

More stuff by Alex Jessup

Great idea 6osbo !

It would be a nice mod.

Extremely sorry for a triple post if that is against the rules. Just delete if it is. rifles from the same guy below. Alex Jessup.

hk_g56_by_alexjjessup-d6gkqtd.jpg

ak337_by_alexjjessup-d6i30z4.jpg

recon_weapons_by_alexjjessup-d6jp0dq.jpg

• Like 2

May I ask for a trans-national desert themed highway that happens to cross national borders?
How this is done, is up to the map-maker or makers themselves.

But my own take is a single main-road, consisting of two lanes mostly paved roadway.
As it goes on and on, it crosses larger and smaller villages, and in the center of map, it has a
split up border-town (Kavala sized like on Altis) with a demilitarized zone cutting through it.

Map-size could perhaps be like 20x20 or 40x40 even if one goes crazy on it..
The latter would be quite empty of feel, but okay for framerates I suppose.
But 20x20 is more varying landscapes I think? Not too sure though.. Depends on map-maker.

Anyways, thanks for taking it into consideration, and thanks again for the effort if any is made! :)

Probably not many applications for this in Arma 3, but perhaps in the next iteration of Arma, there simply must be a 'Space Force' mod now. US and China would possess 'Space Forces' by 2035 certainly. 

So, what would go in it? Well, we can see some of the concrete basis for 'Space Force' in the X-37 experimental unmanned space plane program undertaken quietly by the USAF. 

Feel free to make the kinda-space-shuttle-thing look a lot more, um, ready for battle and scary as hell. Plus, you can't have a name like 'Space Force' without super-sweet outta-this-world uniforms for its service personnel. Military domination of Near Earth orbit would require special satellites too, not only to knock down Ballistic Missiles, but also enemy satellites, enemy spacecraft and also strikes on significant land-air-sea targets beyond their retaliatory reach or ability to defend themselves. 

In Arma 3, while depicting space conflict isn't realistically available now, I could imagine scenarios in the current game where enemy forces attempt to stop the 'Space Force' from getting off the ground, literally, while military domination of space is not yet solidly secured by one of the world's Great Powers. 

• Confused 1

Anybody know of any shotgun attachments for an M4 in any mods or any WIP's? If not, it'd be awesome to have one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Turbanator said:

shotgun attachments for an M4

If by attachment you mean you can put it on and take it off, then I don't know.

But this one has a few "masterkey" variations in it. Bit outdated though.

Black Ops Weapons 80's 90's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we please get some more variety for our civilian clothing? Kinda Like this

old-skool-vans.jpgpuffa-jacket-1.jpgcoolest-0utfits-with-vans--1024x512.jpg

• Like 3

what an outrage that theres no civilian clothing in a military game >:(

• Like 1

Mod Request: US Military Police

I'm looking to see if anyone already knows of, or is interested in making, a US Military Police pack of some kind. I'm primarily interested in patrol cars, particularly a Chevrolet Malibu in USMC MP livery preferably with authentic lights. Although anything, such as uniforms, other gear, etc would be great.

Here's a photo of the Chevy Malibu I believe the USMC MPs use on base.
usmc114.jpg.d7fbc2aed49ceb8b1709eb22c3d0

• Like 1

3 hours ago, barccy said:

Or any other bicycle in general.

reyhard's RDS have 2 (among lots of other interesting stuff)

and

DeanosBeano's dbo bikes have the same 2 but in a much smaller size.

• Thanks 1

REQUEST: Afghanistan Urban Combat Map

This is a request for an Afghanistan map. I would really appreciate if a mapper/modder took this idea and made it real. Please read the whole thing if you're interested.

Reference Images (MW2 - "Team Player")

http://imgdrop.net/viewer.php?id=bfi1530896301i.jpg
http://imgdrop.net/viewer.php?id=bwy1530896558l.jpg

http://imgdrop.net/viewer.php?id=klz1530896592p.jpg

http://imgdrop.net/viewer.php?id=rgh1530896627q.jpg

Details

• Smaller map
  • Tight alleyways and streets
  • Many hiding spots (houses, rubble, etc...)
  • Well detailed (signs, fences, propaganda, etc...)
  • Dilapidated school in center of map 
  • Ability to walk inside houses, apartments, etc...
  • Tall crane, with little reinforcements on top for snipers

Gameplay

• Very tight, claustrophobic spaces (causing very intense firefights)
  • Plenty of machine gun nest-able spots (balconies, roofs, etc...)
  • General urban combat feel (sorry for being so generic)

Other maps

I know of the Fallujah map, but I don't like it that much because it is too open for a map replicating Fallujah. If there are other maps that have really tight urban combat, please let me know.

Thank you for reading this to the end!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there some mod which enforces AI, sitting in vehicle, to auto repair, rearm and refuel it's vehicle then it stands in area of repair/fuel/ammo container or vehicle? I'am play KP Liberation as commander and so tired to do it by myself.

The other day I was running around in the virtual reality terrain testing out vehicles from a couple of mods I downloaded and I had an idea for an interesting gameplay mod. I was driving a truck, then I jumped out and got in a tank, with which I used to destroy the truck before getting in a helicopter and flying it over to a jet before entering the jet and eventually crashing. This was all within a 5 minute time-span. And then it hit me: what the hell, this shouldn't be possible. So I thought, hey what if someone made a

Combat Skills Training Mod

Basically, it would be just a set of editor attributes akin to "is medic" or "is engineer" that enables or prevents the operation of certain vehicles and statics. In order to drive an MBT, APC, or IFV, one would require a "is armored driver" attribute set to true. In order to operate the main gun of an MBT, APC, or IFV, one would require a "is armored gunner" attribute set to true. And so on for helicopter pilots, helicopter gunners, winged pilots, and artillery gunners. Things like driving a car, using static GLs and MGs, and operating a machine-gun on top of a humvee or out the side of a blackhawk would not require special skills however, these are basic skills that presumably any soldier could possess. Without a tank driver attribute, you either wouldn't even be able to enter the driver's seat or you wouldn't be able to use any of the controls for that seat. It would put a limit on who can use what, adding an interesting and realistic dynamic to combat and really emphasizing that everyone does their role and plays their part to keep things moving smoothly. Might also turn things into an absolute clusterfuck, which can be a lot of fun too. Maybe you're evading enemies and there's an unoccupied BMP right over there, but shit! nobody here knows how to operate that! and then you have to make those kind of split-second decisions and improvise. If nothing else, it prevents a grunt rifleman with zero flight experience from playing god and jumping in a chopper and flying around like some kind of pro.

Nothing too ambitious here; I'd like to see a wearable pair of gloves or a wedding ring (either worn like glasses, vest, backpack, or a hat).

12 minutes ago, Laqueesha said:

Nothing too ambitious here; I'd like to see a wearable pair of gloves or a wedding ring (both worn like glasses or a hat).

not possible afaik

• Like 1

13 hours ago, haleks said:

@Laqueesha @PuFu

IFA3 does it : the mod has gloves you can wear as glasses or NVG.

ahh, my bad, did read "worn like" part = "just as" glasses, hats, vest etc. Yes, having gloves as a helmet or face accessory is doable

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm not formatting something or what not correctly. Only got Arma to not be a lag fest on my PC last night, so I'm pretty new.

So I remember this old video where a guy nuked a whole halo base. He had a certain amount of time to run with all the other UNSC AIs to pelicans before the bomb hit the ground a few hundred meters or so away. The moment they got their squads in the pelicans, the ai pilot would lift off and try to get them as far away as possible from the nuke within a few seconds.

that was the video. 

However, the creator never linked anything like that, and no one in the comments of that video ever got a link to it. Does anyone have a link to that specific scene? or can someone at least tell me how to recreate it? Looks like a lot of fun, but since I'm completely new, I wouldn't know how to create it from scratch right now.

Does anyone knows a mod wich contains  earlier leopard variants like the Leopard 1 or Leopard 2A4?

• Like 1

Regarding the Virtual Arsenal...

A modification that adds an option to clear the character of his current loadout would be utterly splendid...

Spoiler

D52C36161D4CB489E37592ABC001C0369259F14B

I have tried and failed many times trying to achieve something like this, all without success hence my request.  

• Like 3