max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

34 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

I'd be surprised if no one's asked for this before, but it'd be great if we could get a "launcher" which was modelled to be a TV camera. Looking down the sights would give you a camera overlay style and the "firing" it could either turn on the little red "rec" light on the overlay, or (if possible) take a screenshot.

I would play the hell out of our group missions as an embedded camera man.

I remember such addon being created; it had a green screen, camera, desk, etc. Not sure what ever happened to it.

Warfare Thai has 3 cameras. 1 as a launcher, 1 as a binocular and 1 as a backpack. None of them do what JD Wang wants and the mod is outdated (rifles and pistols not showing in arsenal) but the cameras are there.

Something for all those talented, creative modders out there. A module to populate the deck of the "USS Freedom" with crew animations, rearming, refueling and other assets as shown in the "Jets DLC" trailer and similar to the modules available with the "USS Nimitz" mod. This would make creating missions utilizing this new carrier so much more easier and streamlined, not to mention the added ambiance. The carrier capable aircraft also need a mod to allow the nose wheel steering to be able to turn 90° each side of centre, possibly triggered by "weight on wheels" to facilitate maneuvering on the flight deck. I can only imagine the chaos in multiplayer when large numbers of players are trying to land, refuel, rearm and get airborne again in multi mission scenarios when you need 40 acres to turn your rig around....  

Gamemode - Escape the Psycho or Serial Killer.  Yes, I watched all the Jason from Friday the 13th game videos on Steam and thought it was would be a great game for ARMA in an escape format.

1 player or AI is Jason, tons of health points. Has all the same ability - teleport, fast speed, high hitpoints, breaks down doors, etc...

1-x other players in coop trying to escape the map, similar to escape missions but no blu, op or indfor around (Could be options). Just AI  civilians with houses that may have weapons - melee or guns, and some cars, planes or vehicles. 

The trick would be to everyone to LZ for extraction and hold off Jason until they can get out. They cannot fly off the island for example for game play sake.

I believe there are already hockey mask mods such as the Mad Max mod:

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

It would be a zombie run as you only have 1 guy to get away from but it would super intense in the dark, even with NVG.

Teamwork would be required to survive the outcome.

Tactical face mask which the UK sas uses to hide their identity. Seen some images of UK sas wearing them in Manchester. Apparently they got the idea from airsofters so they had one specially made for them that attaches to their opscore helmet.

od, coyote brow, black would be awesome. Also with shemag tactical glasses or goggles combination would be excellent.

On 6/6/2017 at 6:35 PM, Valken said:

Gamemode - Escape the Psycho or Serial Killer.  Yes, I watched all the Jason from Friday the 13th game videos on Steam and thought it was would be a great game for ARMA in an escape format.

Well someone made a dead by daylight copycat mod, which.. I don't know it all looks the same to me tbh.

On 6/9/2017 at 0:11 PM, cring0 said:

Well someone made a dead by daylight copycat mod, which.. I don't know it all looks the same to me tbh.

I thought about that also but that game mode is confined to a small area in a map. I'm talking about taking that onto another level for the whole map, and letting the "killer" have a few extra powers to compensate for the size of the map. It will need some think through but I think it could be a crazy fun mod.

20 hours ago, Valken said:

I thought about that also but that game mode is confined to a small area in a map. I'm talking about taking that onto another level for the whole map, and letting the "killer" have a few extra powers to compensate for the size of the map. It will need some think through but I think it could be a crazy fun mod.

Well, if anything, it can't be worse than trying to get zombies in Arma.

6CbxaPc.jpg

But, doing anything with any form of melee is pretty jenky as well, keep that in mind.  I'm sure you could come up with something similar that could maybe be fun using rifles.  But I feel like a big part of those other games is interacting with your environment and objects in different ways. And that's just not something Arma is good with.

Out of all the hours I played on Arma 3, I've yet to see ANY sort of Juggernaut idea or an heavy armored soldier. I want to ask any modder to a challenge to create this addon according to the idea and image of a Juggernaut.

What is a Juggernaut?

A juggernaut is a heavily armed and armored soldier that specializes in fire support/ suppressive fire. A juggernaut is kited out with heavy armor, almost like the armor of an MRAP or a APC, this makes it so that the soldier can take a lot of fire head to toe. A juggernaut is also has heavy weapons, like a minigun or a high caliber LMG or a grenade launcher, etc. 

Can this be possible?

I think it can, out of all the mods I've looked at that sort of resembled a juggernaut, I believe it is possible. Modders that make or have heavy weapons/armor combined with creative designing, etc, I really believe this is possible.

If I have mistaken, and there is already a mod out there like my idea then my bad. If it is not possible to make something like this, then that is okay.

If you are up for the challenge or like my idea please leave a comment, If you don't like my idea or think its near impossible also leave a comment.

Images for the Juggernaut(THESE IMAGES ARE FOR IDEA USE ONLY, NO EXACT COPYING, meaning don't copy exactly or else you might get your addon/mod taken down)

Heavy_Gunner.jpg?1400210834

latest?cb=20140522071928e128639f59c2472683aac5eeda87b529.jpg

If I have made ANY mistakes on how to post this, leave a comment down below.

*MSG me if you're a modder/scripter/texturer/etc etc etc.*

Edited by WolfTama
Adding last bit of extra informatoin
  • Like 1

It is possible to make. There are to possible ways to do it:

1.      Take existing Mods and retexture them and adjust the configuration. (Watch out to give credit & not violate any licenses)

2.      Create your own models, textures & config

Depending on how skilled you are with creating 3D models and the other stuff, option 2 can be a real pain in the a**.

• Like 1

Sure it's possible, i have been contacted multiple times with this idea in ppls mind (or payday bulldozer) as i made simple bombsuit, but feeling it's not good enough, i may make a new model from scratch in the future... or if you're up to take this challenge, i could help you out a bit if you need. Good luck. :)

• Like 1

Are there any add ons that have like bomb and missile carts/racks/dolleys?  Like a little trailer that has assorted aircraft weapons on it?  I know there is one in Firewills addon pack that has some AAMRAM and Sidewinders on it, but I could have sworn I saw one that had hellfires and Mk82 bombs on it, I just cannot for the life of me find it again.  Anybody have any ideas?  It would be cool for aesthetics to have some weapons carts on the deck of a carrier or something.

On 6/16/2017 at 0:44 PM, islesfan186 said:

Are there any add ons that have like bomb and missile carts/racks/dolleys?  Like a little trailer that has assorted aircraft weapons on it?  I know there is one in Firewills addon pack that has some AAMRAM and Sidewinders on it, but I could have sworn I saw one that had hellfires and Mk82 bombs on it, I just cannot for the life of me find it again.  Anybody have any ideas?  It would be cool for aesthetics to have some weapons carts on the deck of a carrier or something.

Could it have been the USAF mod?

It would be real cool if someone ported and upgraded or remade the Arma 2 GAZ 3937 Vodnik. I don't think anybody actually uses it, but thats its charm, its open endeded, and its pretty neat. 

I have idea's about making technicals mounted with ZPU1, ZPU2, ZPU4 et ZU23 ( maybe truck with S60 ). My work started, i just need peoples and be allow to create a new topic.

• Like 4

Hello,

I'm looking for someone who can make a small work and to make three M113 with these platoons names in hebrew.

The font is Suez One Regular.

I`m looking for something like the Game bar,but with a lot more refined for Win-10 that makes sure I don`t have the computer working at about 80% when I play.As of now ,it goes from 60 >33 fps so I need something that keeps closing processes that is unwanted.

If someone can point me in the right direction.tnx

On 2017-6-22 at 9:41 AM, NivZiv said:

Hello,

I'm looking for someone who can make a small work and to make three M113 with these platoons names in hebrew.

The font is Suez One Regular.

Why not use the CUP M113 or RHS mods and use the set texture commands to add the fonts to the side of tanks with the hidden selections.

A simple mod that keeps all scripts in a way,with some way to auto-install these into current mission,and a stand-alone mod that can re-arm aircraft.tnx

A way to shoot while threading water ,perpendicular to the horizon.And maybe,a little bit under water,too.thnx

I made a BTR-4 if anyone is interested in texturing her and doing the config for me... She's just about ready to rock and roll.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PuFu said:

no offense but i completely disagree... 

also the subforums you are looking for is here:
https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/forum/200-arma-3-find-or-offer-editing/

I think you misinterpret what I mean by "rock and roll". lol And I think I posted in the correct place, I am requesting someone to do the config and texture while I finish small details, LOD's and interior.

5 minutes ago, wendyvonbraun said:

I think you misinterpret what I mean by "rock and roll". lol And I think I posted in the correct place, I am requesting someone to do the config and texture while I finish small details, LOD's and interior.

no, i think you fail to understand how this works if you want it done the proper way

a. you texture stuff when you are done with it - visual main lod - not before that, because you will need to fit all the meshes on the least amount of individual textures sheets - and that mesh is soooooo far from being anything close to done (have a look here for the amount of detail you are missing: http://www.strategic-bureau.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/BTR-4-006.jpg )

b. do the config is easy...model.cfg needs to be done when all things are in (as in interior as well - there is a single mem lod after all)

but whatever, again no offense, but for 2017, a game mesh should look closer to this: http://pre10.deviantart.net/dd8e/th/pre/i/2014/002/e/4/btr_4_model_by_siregar3d-d705e80.jpg i think