max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

It would have to be scripted to in such a way as work only during free fall, and then becomes a hidden selection once on the ground, There's an awesome A2 addon that does this, and has the masks.

You could make the mask as a "glasses" selection, but then you're limited to swapping these out, unless you do a bit of kit swapping in the editor, and place other glasses inside your assault packs. 

Honestly a cosmetic item would suffice for me. But if scripting is involved, why not just use the diving mechanics. Blurry vision to simulate lack of oxygen at high altitudes. Back in Arma II, rocket (the guy from Dayz) ported some commercially available HALO gear. It would be awesome to see that in Arma III, but I'm not sure about the legalities of that. I think he had to purchase the assets. 

XGXZF2u.jpgWkJPGcL.jpg

It would have to be scripted to in such a way as work only during free fall, and then becomes a hidden selection once on the ground, There's an awesome A2 addon that does this, and has the masks.

You could make the mask as a "glasses" selection, but then you're limited to swapping these out, unless you do a bit of kit swapping in the editor, and place other glasses inside your assault packs.

Why making it disapear? For realistic content I prefer to put it on my backpack when I reach the ground, I have some HALO helmet with the oxygen mask like the infrareddimming's pictures but it's not for the same use.

Honestly a cosmetic item would suffice for me. But if scripting is involved, why not just use the diving mechanics. Blurry vision to simulate lack of oxygen at high altitudes. Back in Arma II, rocket (the guy from Dayz) ported some commercially available HALO gear. It would be awesome to see that in Arma III, but I'm not sure about the legalities of that. I think he had to purchase the assets. 

And by the way, I want to request a new addons that is present in Arma 2 but not on Arma 3:

The MRE's and drink.

MRE_20071124.PNGgourde-militaire-us-vert-kaki-ce-1l.jpg

Ill say what i said in the post above. You tried searching? I searched for Arma 3 mv-22 osprey and got this: 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23847

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25512

Enjoy.

these models are nearly unplayable, especially in 1st person

they're probably 10 years old

the best one (from Air Force pack) has incredibly basic screen layout

the interior is very basic as well

I want to see at least BIS EFIS, new textures, interior/exterior details and animations (like controls)

perhaps vehicle transport version as well - ViV (alternative to helicopter sling loading recently introduced by BIS)

ability to control tilt manually

these models are nearly unplayable, especially in 1st person

they're probably 10 years old

the best one (from Air Force pack) has incredibly basic screen layout

the interior is very basic as well

I want to see at least BIS EFIS, new textures, interior/exterior details and animations (like controls)

perhaps vehicle transport version as well - ViV (alternative to helicopter sling loading recently introduced by BIS)

ability to control tilt manually

Sakura_chan was working on a heavily updated version of the mv-22. It still uses the BIS model though, but he's (she?) been afk for a while now.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160477-arma-2-c-130j-and-mv-22-redux/

• Like 1

A benelli shotgun that fires, reloads and sounds like a shotgun.

The shotguns in CUP, KA Weapons and Nato/Rus weapons are incomplete and I don't think the devs are going to fix them.

Yeah I had this addon too, and these models cost $500 or something like that, and I'm pretty sure they're licensed to be used in games.

I've purchased a few things off Turbosquid, but wouldn't pay $500 for this one.

I guess you could actually make the whole HALO helmet set up as a stow able item in a pack, to include the goggles, helmet and Mask, for the diving mechanics, you'd have to invert how the system works, they only become visible in water, you'd have to have it so that you treat the sky as water, and the set up disappears on the ground.

The removing and replacing it with gear in your pack is a better idea.

You don't get blurry vision due to lack of O2 at altitude that's why anything over 15,000 feet you require an O2 pack, which all HALO (In the true sense) jumpers carry O2 systems, as well as pilots,  as a recreational skydiver I've jumped from 14K a couple of times, the only time you will have any sort of blurred vision is when your goggles come flying off !!

• Like 2

A benelli shotgun that fires, reloads and sounds like a shotgun.

The shotguns in CUP, KA Weapons and Nato/Rus weapons are incomplete and I don't think the devs are going to fix them.

There's a remington in the RHS mod which is scripted to have pump and reload animations. As for benellis, theres a pack made by purple, but it hasn't been updated for a while.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/151049-benelli-m4-super-90-pack-by-purple/

Would this be worth buying?

https://www.creativecrash.com/3d-model/mk46-machine-gun-3d-model

It pretty much is only the model and needs everything done to it to get it into ArmA 3. If someone would be willing to do all the work on it I'll shell out the dough to buy it. I'm dying to see an accurate MK46 and MK48 in-game.

It pretty much is only the model and needs everything done to it to get it into ArmA 3. If someone would be willing to do all the work on it I'll shell out the dough to buy it. I'm dying to see an accurate MK46 and MK48 in-game.

It's extremely low poly (I'd estimate less than 1000 polys) and states that the average texture size is 512*512 pixels. So it will more than likely look awful in Arma where weapons are typically 5-10 times the poly count, and textures generally have 16 times the resolution (2048*2048 is the average for arma).

Waste of money really. Even the Arma 2 Mk.48 is more detailed (though with some inaccuracies).

Toadie's latest SAW/Minimi pack has a WIP Mk.48 with that SOPMOD rail.

IIRC it's mostly just the barrel assembly that needs remodelling for a proper heavy one instead of the 5.56mm SAW barrel.

It already has the STANAG magazine port deleted from the base M249, and conversion to feed 7.62x51mm.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Mk.46 gets added to his pack in future since it's largely just reworking some parts of the Mk.48 back on to the base 5.56mm M249. If not, toadie's very generous with his source files (the initial M249 models are already released - not sure if they were updated with the Mk.48 stuff yet) and it would provide a better base mesh for someone to rework for Arma, than the one linked above.

Really, you'd be better off pushing that $35 toadie's way via Patreon and see if it's enough to commission just the Mk.46 gas plug and barrel from him to add to the existing models he has :)

You're better off waiting. Toadie is working on expanding the SAW pack to include a more modern MK48 and a MK46.

http://imgur.com/HQDHo7p

If you really want to spend money on getting weapons into Arma, Toadie's patreon is here, any amount is appreciated:

https://www.patreon.com/toadie2k/posts

• Like 1

Ok, thanks for the input guys. Toadie's MK48 is a great start. Best in ArmA 3 so far. Still missing some things, the bipod for instance. Yeah, maybe I can shoot the money his way and hope for the best in getting a 46.

• Like 1

Ok, thanks for the input guys. Toadie's MK48 is a great start. Best in ArmA 3 so far. Still missing some things, the bipod for instance. Yeah, maybe I can shoot the money his way and hope for the best in getting a 46.

Yeah, I know, I've been giving out about the lack of a bipod, but if you look at that image link, he's working on it.

Underground bunkers, city, urban and small town style maps   :)

Is there anyone making mods/addons out there?

I would be interested in some Norwegian uniforms and gears, paying for it. Drop me a PM (if possible).

Ps. I already know about the Norwegian units pack, but it's outdated and doesn't meet my requirements.

Is there anyone making mods/addons out there?

I would be interested in some Norwegian uniforms and gears, paying for it. Drop me a PM (if possible).

Ps. I already know about the Norwegian units pack, but it's outdated and doesn't meet my requirements.

road runner just made a mod that features Norwegian uniforms for some milsim group. He might be able to help out, try dropping him a PM.

You can view the uni's here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/138904-arma-3-photography-pictures-only-no-comments-and-list-your-addons-used/page-97

Just scroll down a bit.

• Like 1

road runner just made a mod that features Norwegian uniforms for some milsim group. He might be able to help out, try dropping him a PM.

You can view the uni's here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/138904-arma-3-photography-pictures-only-no-comments-and-list-your-addons-used/page-97

Just scroll down a bit.

Highly appreciated!

• Like 1

I'm wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to put the UAV terminal controls as an autopilot option in the scroll menu for aircraft, both jets and helicopters. Possibly combining that with the UASF's AC-130 autopilot where you can input you radius and altitude or making this the standard. This would enable pilots to use their sensors/targeting pods without having  to worry about flying way beyond their target. It would also enable pilots to act as their team's eye in the sky, being able to hold an orbit and report on what they're seeing on the ground.

Hi im looking for someone with a knowledge of modding i need to edit a excisting mod and take a little part from it and edited i have permission.

Hope you guys can help.

• Like 1

What an earth is that thing above this post? Suppose I am showing my age here, but is it from Thunderbirds?

someone is willing to port the Warfare buildings? with the Scud truck too :D