max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

There's also Kuznetsov models from other games..I did say "other games" did I not? ;)

There's also Kuznetsov models from other games..I did say "other games" did I not? ;)

Let's all just assume he meant " if someone WITH PERMISSIONS could port it. 

And we can get back on topic now.

Let's all just assume he meant " if someone WITH PERMISSIONS could port it. 

And we can get back on topic now.

Thank you. That's exactly what i meant.

I am curious about the lack of OPFOR Naval forces,  we need some desperately and I am trying to contact  Ivan (the Original Author)    Gnat the rework and rerelease or eddyD  for Mlods of the ship and finding some config writers to bring this ship back to life in Arma 3,  any information would be of great assistance,  but I only want their information , if you know them  fairly well and they agree to allow me to E-mail or contact them through  this sites messenger.

I am considering the beginning of a new Mod  (Opfor Naval Vessels) but only if enough interest is shown,   I am a fair 3d modeler , but havent written a config since OFP days,   ( YES Im that OLD :P )     So  I would be recruiting interested parties,  who want to do this for the community ( NOT FOR PROFIT)  So please dont ask about being paid. 

If enough people volunteer who are serious, plans will be made and discussed who the Mod leader(s) would be and what ships and boats would be for the pack release.  Most likely we would not be bringing ion all the assets which the Naval Warfare Pack would, just to keep focus on Ships and boats for the time being. 

In my opinion this is something which Arma 3 needs in the worst way, for future balance and realistic game play.  Thats just my opinion though

So everyone who reads this, please weigh in with your opinions , but also with suggestions for ships/boats.  Time Era, anything current  or ships upgraded from the cold war Era.

Quick request to the page site managers,  this is a discussion, not a request, so please dont move this to the addons request thread.  I need people to weigh in and get an honest opinion of if this is something people would actually want !

Thanks for your time all and have a great day! :)

redman7g7

Hi i have various 3d models of ships made myself from drawings , that could come to ARMA 3 ,  i have ticonderoga , arleigh burke , type 45 hms daring ,lcacs x 3 , stealth landing craft x2 ,zubr . aist  ,lebed hovercrafts , plus many more items , i make new 3d models most weeks )

ZUBR

http://img288.imagevenue.com/galshow.php?gal=gallery_1457566194764_6lo

• Like 1

I'm hoping to generate interest in creating a Vision VTOL in ARMA. Solid modeling has already been done in Blender on single and two seat versions shown in this video. Vision VTOL. This is a real life development project of a full size civilian aircraft platform that will be flying within 2 years. The Arma version would obviously be open source. The goal is to create a fully scalable long range EVTOL platform.

Since Arma represents a future war simulation and playground, a primary goal is to predict technological development. The only limitation of electric craft is energy storage. That problem has been solved. More than one company with revolutionary storage breakthroughs are already partners on this project. Initially, range will be at least 6 times greater than current tech for less cost but potential is far higher. As an example, a typical electric car will soon have over 1500 mile range.

As a result, electric aircraft are obviously about to evolve radically. As an example, we are using drone development extensively to develop the full size craft since scaling electric multirotors is far simpler than scaling conventional aircraft.

As far as flight experience, using 3d goggles and 6 cameras, the aircraft can also effectively disappear from the pilot perspective with the flick of a switch, enabling telescopic vision in any direction with unprecedented awareness. With independent 360 degree rotating fans, this craft can point OR shoot in any direction while flying in any direction – or dive into a forest or water to escape detection.

As a small drone, these capabilities can fit in a backpack. A full size piloted version can also deploy or recover drones (even to extend range, deliver ordinance or make repairs in the field) or control other craft while flying. This opens up many possibilities on the battlefield including flock integration tactics. This is why I believe this technology belongs in the game as a scalable design platform with obvious future military implications.

From a flight simulator perspective, Arma seems much better suited to explore low level flight where the incentive is to develop ground level realism. Typical flight sims have poor ground detail unless you are at high altitude – which is frankly boring.

I am hoping to form a top level team to create a high quality dynamic addon. I'm hoping the basic platform will mirror the full size project several years ahead. This will include micro drone through large transport. We will have a long range 6 camera flying sub drone within 2 years. I'd love to see it in Arma long before that. There is also potential involvement in the real aircraft project. Anybody up for the challenge?

its basically a flying drone egg , very cool , i would love one in real life like the youtube vid , so in essence you want to add it into Arma 3 , as a 3d model , and a military asset for the player to use ??, you are aware / have seen youtube vids on how the drones already work in arma 3 - very cool !

can you state specifically in a shortened way what you would like to do ?

thxs )

Afternoon

Forgive me if this has been requested, but I loved Arma 2 for its taliban style units and would love to replace the opfor of Arma 3 with the Arma 2 style Taliban.

Is there a mod for that? I had a look online at various unit mods but I couldn't find anything specifically, maybe I lack the tact in searching..

Thanks

Wilson.

I'm sure there is one somewhere. CAF Aggressors may be the one you're after.

Also, regards your signature, I hope that's OPSEC proofed, ;)

Thanks to both!

McAber.. I left sigs just over a year ago so need to change that! Thanks :)

To answer Troffmeister - what you would like to do ?

Vision VTOL goal

• Use Arma 3 as a flight simulator and development tool
  • Assess strategic impact of electric VTOLs and energy breakthroughs
  • Have fun

To answer Troffmeister - what you would like to do ?

Vision VTOL goal

• Use Arma 3 as a flight simulator and development tool
  • Assess strategic impact of electric VTOLs and energy breakthroughs
  • Have fun

points 1 and 3 i get )

having watched how the arma 3 ucavs and drones operate in various youtube videos , i can envisage your craft working very well

obviously you need to 3d model it , import it in game , and do the various scripting stuff to do the magic , and make it all work )

i can envisage it in my minds eye as being a controllable weaponised platform , with the various targeting and sensor screens , or even as 1 or 2 man personal transport flying vehicle to get troops into a battle area quickly

it could also work as a quick stealthy way to insert special forces troops quickly and quietly into an area for recon ,or assassination or sabotage missions )

• Like 2

Afternoon

Forgive me if this has been requested, but I loved Arma 2 for its taliban style units and would love to replace the opfor of Arma 3 with the Arma 2 style Taliban.

Is there a mod for that? I had a look online at various unit mods but I couldn't find anything specifically, maybe I lack the tact in searching..

Thanks

Wilson.

Eric Joiners addons have Taliban fighters as well.

Dear Devs,

Is it possible to add these vehicles ? (all in service, no future vehicles)

1. Russian Anti Air Tank "Tunguska"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K22_Tunguska

2. Russian Attack Chopper "Mil Mi 28"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-28

3. American 105mm LAV "M1128 Mobile Gun System"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1128_Mobile_Gun_System

Greetings

MrFies

I have a feeling the Tunguska was just released in CUP's vehicle pack

• Like 2

Dear Devs,

Is it possible to add these vehicles ? (all in service, no future vehicles)

1. Russian Anti Air Tank "Tunguska"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K22_Tunguska

2. Russian Attack Chopper "Mil Mi 28"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-28

3. American 105mm LAV "M1128 Mobile Gun System"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1128_Mobile_Gun_System

Greetings

MrFies

Everything except number 2 is in CUP!

• Like 1

the Mi28 was actually the first CUP vehicle developed.  Me and pook worked on it in Arma 2, and CUP has it back from us to continue its development if they so wish.

If you wish to see it in action it's in our Rangemaster pack in Arma 2.

Should be easy to port to A3.

especially after i release FRL_missilebox soon, as the version we made uses those weapons and gunpods.

• Like 4

A simple mod that lets you toggle between a user-set Aiming Deadzone level and then back to 0.

Is there a mod that lets you organize, filter, or let you search for specific items in the Virtual Arsenal? 

A mod like this would be extremely helpful when you have countless items in your arsenal. Just a simple search bar would suffice. 

• Like 2