max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

I'm looking to work with someone on a mod to make better flashlights. Currently, A3 only offers one weapon-mounted flashlight, and it's equivalent to a wal-mart incandescent at best. I've searched high and low for a better flashlight mod, and found nothing... but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

I've read all the arguments about how you would never turn on your flashlight in the battlefield, etc etc, but I've come across a few situations where maybe I want to play as a surplus army that doesn't have money for NVGs, or I want to clear buildings/engage in urban combat without NVGs, and so on.

Regardless, is anybody interested in working with me on this project? I'm thinking in the end, we'll have a better flashlight attachment, with a low/high power setting (where the high power setting actually lights things up), color filter options when on low power, and maybe even a strobe if it's not too much to do.

I'm a capable 3D Modeler, and I've already drawn up a high-poly model of a random tactical light for a different project (I'll add images later), but I figure we could add in different SureFire models, with lumen outputs reflecting the respective model's lighting capability, different brightness modes, and all that. I could take care of the models, and maybe even the config files, but I'm really looking for help from someone who knows how to configure the models in O2, someone who knows how to (and wants to) texture the models, and someone who knows how to pack everything together.

A4 Skyhawk and F-5,too.thanks.

What about adding some extra features like Ozelot AA or Rapier Systems.A Swedish RBS-70?

Is there any alternative to gcam? Or any fix for the lagging from the vehicles?

request for blow-able objects, such as gas stations, fuel tanks, barrels, abandoned vehicles, etc... Also better destruction animation for non-blow-able but destructible objects such as mud huts etc...

Have you guys seen the new Russian tank?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHMgucamUVo

It already looks like something out of ArmA3, but is an actual concept due to roll out on this year's Victory Parade. Anyone interested in making it?

I was thinking the exact same thing! Wished I could do models - could help out with the texturing maybe? :D

Have you guys seen the new Russian tank?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHMgucamUVo

It already looks like something out of ArmA3, but is an actual concept due to roll out on this year's Victory Parade. Anyone interested in making it?

No worries, it's covered, as soon as there is enough reference for it, it will be done

That video is not really close to the actual thing, at least as far as the images on the web goes.

Rail roads and trains would be a great addition.

Are we thinking trains you can conduct? Because I could see that being incredibly fun and going horribly awry.

Nothing like unloading a company at the front lines via train.

Kinda edgy but screw it. World leaders pack that adds infantry of world leaders i.e. Obama,Putin,Cameron,Kim Jong family, Saddam, Assad etc. could be ideal for hostage/assassination missions or to violently enforce your political opinions.

Hi folks, I was wandering if anyone has made a mod that simulates a proper cas request yet? What im dreaming of is this:

1) The player calls for cas using a pad with a 9 liner. Could go something like this - the targets would be a drop down menu, the enemy pos could be a mouse click on the map or the player puts the grids in. Friendly troops would be a mouse click. Weapons wanted could be a drop down menu.

2) the aircraft would call out targets with grids he sees to the player & the player selects what targets he wants hit

3) helicopters would always fly 900 metres around the target to keep out of range & maybe 800 metres high?

4) after every gun or bomb run the pilot would ask for a bda & any further tasking, where the player could release him so he RTB to rearm & refuel.

5) player could call danger close if his troops are within 200 metres maybe

6) cas NEVER fires at any target unless the player tells him to, so maybe if there's a few targets that the pilot see's, the player has to click on the target he wants hit. If the pilots see any anti air they will keep out of their ranges & if the player tells them to attack it they will hit it from the pilots max weapons range to keep the aircraft safe.

7) the console or the former the player uses for the 9 liner could be floating so the player could move it about the screen while still following the action on the ground.

Is this possible, has someone made such a thing yet, would anyone consider making a module like this so we can sync it to the aircraft & the player?

Many thanks in advance

Join a clan that simulates real procedures.

The mod might exist but the Idea is for 60mm Light Commando Mortars.

Nato would use the m224a1

G03Ujhu.jpg

Csat would use the Iranian 60mm HM14

ktjeup6.jpg

Is there any mod that allow you to quickly join/leave/form a new group while in a mission ?

It's a script called "Squad Manager" and that's dependent on the mission maker to include it (I do on my missions at least).

Any possibility of getting a CTRG type for the new marksman DLC chest rigs? (Carrier GL Rig, Carrier Special Rig) For example replacing the American Flag with UK and possibly the CTRG camo, or maybe just go with the standard camo colours? Plus a few CTRG based helmets with UK flags.

Is there any alternative to gcam? Or any fix for the lagging from the vehicles?

I would love a arma 3 map set in syria,

You wouldnt really need to create that many new buildings.

The apartments buildings from arma 3, and alot of reused buildings that were used in clafghan could be used for this map aswell.

What im thinking of is a map set around a fertile part of syria for example the subburbs of Damascus.

The one thing, i think would be needed to make the map perfect would be billboards and lots of detail (the same level as clafghan or altis)

An idea of the place im talking about

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Idlib,+Syrien/@35.946611,36.571974,7562m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x152508664354cbdf:0xc44836a7b49c636f

I dont have any experience myself, but i have loads of spare time (would like to learn how to help)

Please

Edited by Theodor

I dont have any experience myself, but i have loads of spare time (would like to learn how to help)

Mudbox, Maya, and World Machine are how I learned to create maps for CryEngine, and the same process should apply in Arma, though I couldn't tell you for certain.

Check out

tutorial series for an excellent guide to making breathtaking terrain in CryEngine and UDK - like I said, the same basics should apply. Your texturing methods and final format may differ, but it's a good way to get the terrain down.

If you need somebody to model billboards and other urban environment objects for you, I'd be happy to offer my help. My time is limited, but I can still but together some simple models.

I'm looking to work with someone on a mod to make better flashlights. Currently, A3 only offers one weapon-mounted flashlight, and it's equivalent to a wal-mart incandescent at best. I've searched high and low for a better flashlight mod, and found nothing... but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

On and off, that's the modes that are available, and here's for a better brightness:

class FlashLight
		{
              				color[]={7000,7500,10000};
               				ambient[] = {6,9,9};
               				size = 1;
			position="flash dir";
			direction="flash";
               				innerAngle = 20;
               				outerAngle = 80;
			coneFadeCoef=10;
			intensity=100;
			useFlare=1;
			dayLight=1;
			FlareSize=0.34999999;
			onlyInNvg=0;
			class Attenuation
			{
				start=0;
				constant=2;
				linear=1;
				quadratic=75;
			};
			scale[]={0};
		};

Wow thats one hell of a long tutorial part one out 1/8.

Anyways i will spend time on it :)

i want a Halo Flood mod, it should be quite simple to make the playermodel and still work with vanilla animations. atleast for human flood. I'd want them to be able to melee and also use a jump like the one in the old jumpMF mod

On and off, that's the modes that are available

So I found that the guy who made MRT Accessory Functions also made some examples showing how it could work - one of which was an adjustable flashlight. I dove into that to see how it was written and modified it accordingly, and was able to make a flashlight with with 4 "modes": off, Low - Red Filter, Medium, and High. I don't know enough about the code right now to try to create a strobe effect, but at the base level, he's created a method that allows you to adjust the properties of the flashlight on the fly by actually replacing it with a different flashlight with predefined properties (or so it seems).

As far as getting my custom model into the game goes, that's another story (and I still don't have anyone to do texturing), but at the very least, I have a flashlight that can be adjusted at the moment, which is nice. I'm still fine-tuning it for the properties I want, but it's a good start.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Wow thats one hell of a long tutorial part one out 1/8.

Anyways i will spend time on it :)

Let me know how it goes, and shoot me a message if you need some models done.

Can somebody please do a retexture of the Leopard 2 MBT Revolution / MBT-52 Kuma, to a plain green variant like seen in the following link:

Thank you! :)

So I had this thought while blowing up some AI in domination, why don't factions/individual players have separate maps? What I thought was why don't we allow for someone, when creating say a marker, to choose who can see the marker. This might consist of nearby players withing a 30-50 meter radius, the players faction, or the entire server. If we had this, we could have really cool missions where you have to kill someone and use their map to find the enemies camps or where they are planning to attack. Personally, I thought this would be a really good idea to add and would allow for new missions. It also could be set as a server setting or something of that sort.

I would really love to see a one shot one kill mod, is there any about ? I dunno something that changes the values of the ammo so they drop people in one hit?