max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Does anyone have or know of any object packs (except for JBAD, I have them) ? I'm making a new terrain and the sock A3 objects are quite limited.

I really really need a new bridge, to cover a 483 meter span of water @ 50 meters high.

This is something I've wanted for a while but the options out there just don't really cover it.....

Can someone make a mod preferable or script that enables sand bag/fob building. just not any of the metal container type objects. So like H barriers, shoot houses, etc. And in order to build you need to have a shovel in your backpack. The more people with shovels obviously the base can be constructed faster. Maybe even placing the objects like AGM load options. Where you have to walk and can't fight while you're doing. It will also create rally point and ammo boxes and relate-able items (chairs, fire) etc with a option like populate FOB. This would obviously be nice if you have a big mission and want to set up shop outside the AO but close enough to where you're taking fire and not having to run 2000m or having to resupply at base, halo, or teleport.

Honestly, I think helicopter door guns that have spotlights attached to them that can be turned on and off with the default light key "L" would be glorious.

or even better if the door guns had IR spotlights for better nighttime Pew Pewing.

That as an addon would help out tremendously for night mission I play with my friends.

Someone. Anyone, please. Port the Clafgan map from Arma 2 over to Arma 3. It looks so amazing, but still has the water line glitch due to ponds not being compatible. A proper port would be out of this world.

Someone. Anyone, please. Port the Clafgan map from Arma 2 over to Arma 3. It looks so amazing, but still has the water line glitch due to ponds not being compatible. A proper port would be out of this world.
First, I'm not sure if a "proper port" could exist to your standards without "the water line glitch" being solved, and if lack of ponds means that it can't be solved (properly)... second, who even has the rights to CLAfghan anyway?

Water line can be fixed, with the acception of completely removing the ponds, as they did with Chernarus/Takistan and other ports, leaving us with...

second, who even has the rights to CLAfghan anyway?

-.- True.

We must find him! And ask him if he can grant permission, or even consider porting it himself. Do you guys even know how amazing that map is in Arma 3 engine with the Appropriate mods? :cool: I think it's pretty cool, and could make for some interesting gameplay.

Example: ANVIL base set up in the mountains. =D

This was simply an Audio Sync test, which was successful, now i have to figure out tweaking my Video settings with OBS...

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

I have always desired different animations for different units. It seems strange seeing a poorly trained militia (in "relaxed" mode with weapons down) patrol identical to a NATO unit. It would be nice for certain units to use animations that convey an undisciplined posture.

And, for the love of Arma would someone please fix the AI's rate of fire already?!! I cant believe I still have to endure robots shooting at me in the exact same burst with the exact same delay between each.

Edited by SouthernSmoke

And, for the love of Arma would someone please fix the AI's rate of fire already?!! I cant believe I still have to endure robots shooting at me in the exact same burst with the exact same delay between each.
A change in this was already introduced on dev branch, I believe that it was after the v1.38 patch so you'll probably have to wait for the v1.4 patch.

A change in this was already introduced on dev branch, I believe that it was after the v1.38 patch so you'll probably have to wait for the v1.4 patch.

Good to hear, however I haven't updated my game in a while out of fear of it ruining mods after the Bootcamp debacle. Even though I really want to experience shooting from vehicles, I cant bring myself to update. Perhaps if I can convince myself it is relatively safe to update I might go for it before Bohemia introduces outrageous recoil or something else that will decrease my enjoyment of the game.

Some assurances from fellow players would go a long way. Know of anyone who has had mods interfered with during the last couple updates?

I am looking for some good G36 packs (preferably with camo variants, but if not thats ok) with good sounds (suppressed and unsupressed ) Also German vehicles would be great too :)

Thanks!

Good to hear, however I haven't updated my game in a while out of fear of it ruining mods after the Bootcamp debacle. Even though I really want to experience shooting from vehicles, I cant bring myself to update. Perhaps if I can convince myself it is relatively safe to update I might go for it before Bohemia introduces outrageous recoil or something else that will decrease my enjoyment of the game.
Here's the relevant changelog items from 21-22 January:
Added: AI rate of fire randomization (new parameter aiRateOfFireDispersion)
Added: aiRateOfFireDispersion parameter into the base fire mode class with a default value of 1 to introduce basic randomness in AI firing patterns (to-be-tweaked)
According to BI dev Ondřej "oukej" Kužel, that parameter "affects the randomness of delay between shots. Value sets the maximum of the range in which a random number influencing the delay between shots is generated. 0 means the delay between shots will be the same (with given actual distance). The bigger the value the longer delay can be generated."

There's also some interesting changes on dev branch AI versus current stable branch AI, like the ability for AI to notice when bullets (enemy only) are flying close to them thanks to the "dcbulletClose" danger cause (you can follow the chain of discussion about the implications starting here), while CfgAmmo subsequently (after this post) had added the "suppressionRadiusBulletClose" (this is "how far the AI gets alerted by a bullet flying by", disabled if the value is -1) and "suppressionRadiusHit" (is "how far the AI gets alerted by a bullet hitting the ground or an explosion", and if the value is -1 the game bases the distance on the damage) parameters... and more recently:

AI sight now limited by object view distance, not landscape view distance

I'm sure someone has come up with this, but a search for more info yields unfavorable results.

I'm requesting the integration of IHAADS for new vehicle addons. In simple terms, it's the ability of a pilot to aim a turret with his helmet. It could be useful for solo-manned aircraft or if your gunner dies of sudden, chronic IBS. Players who utilize the freelook feature or have the TrackIR setup will benefit more. Players who take advantage of neither probably don't fly much, or will be encouraged to evolve. :p

The challenge would be to work out a way that the turret aims at the same spot as the pilot, even though it is usually located a few feet from the pilot's head. I imagine an invisible line is calculated indicating the pilot's line of vision, and where that line intersects with terrain/geometry is where the turret will aim - and adjust accordingly for distance arc. So, I can see where this bit of scripting might be the tricky part.

Also, to aid in this type of control, the use of TrackIR for turret control can be temporarily adjusted. I find that adjusting for good turret control via control pad messes up the way it handles with TrackIR, and vice versa. The problem here is that a control pad may be preferred when you are a gunner, but not while a pilot or driver.

Here's to hoping!

Sounded interesting so I decided to have a crack at this. Having issues getting the cannon to rotate towards the target but all good with a target location slaved to the pilots visor. Untested with TrackIR but works with freelook so should be no issue.

Now just to get the actual functionality to work... (ie. moving the damn weapon system).

I would like to see a mod involving the M55A1 Sheridan tank added to the game. Also I would like to see an anthro character in the game that you could customize as well.

Edited by Saberwolf86

Hi All!

I'm wondering if a mod or script exists(or maybe in the base game already?)where I cant precisely customize the atmospheric conditions. Like setting it to ICAO Standard Atmospheric Conditions for testing ballistics. If someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

I'd like to see:

THe Seahawk from Yura Pertov (Sorry if I butchered your name)

Marine Dress blues

Marine Service Dress

Navy Dress Blues

thanks

what we really need

1. night vision sniper scope (without thermal sight or an option to disable the thermal sights ONLY (atm if you disable thermal sight on any weapon it disables nightvision too) and not the crappy NVS thing with only 10x magnification)

2. there are zeus modules available in the editor like accelerated time etc... they work in zeus but not if we place them directly on a map in the editor... why? can this be fixed? so we can have accelerated time for example without any extra scripts needed

3. the churchbells... an option in the server cfg maybe to turn this annoying thing off... extremely annoying if you have accelerated time by 24x (the bells almost always rings)

4. why are there no bicycles/motorcycles and busses like in arma2?

5. serverfiles that DO NOT crash a few times a day without any reasonable cause (with the physix.dll stuff etc for example...) or at least the ability to read what these crash dumps say because BI stuff never answered my report in the bugtracker about this...

6. an option to disable slingload completely... its only annoying when these "carbombing" kids attack again...

thats it for the moment guys... but im sure i missed something ^^

Edited by Angrygargamel

Sounded interesting so I decided to have a crack at this. Having issues getting the cannon to rotate towards the target but all good with a target location slaved to the pilots visor. Untested with TrackIR but works with freelook so should be no issue.

Now just to get the actual functionality to work... (ie. moving the damn weapon system).

That's an excellent start! So, that means someone could fire seeking missiles at enemy units in their peripheral, right?

As a gunner, using the TrackIR to move the turret is very sluggish. I assume that could be changed via sensitivity settings, but then wouldn't that make it too sensitive for analog (i.e.: joysticks, control pads)?

Can anyone do diffrent versions from the

Pataria,Arma and from the Pandur...

i'm also wondering why bohemia didn't added these 2 versions in to arma 3 ...?

2014-10-08-22-44-22-arma-3-pc-1311759852-049.jpg

http://news.mydrivers.com/Img/20110803/2011080311382698.jpg (398 kB)

I' mean some versions from the Pataria and the Pandur with a Cal.50 Would be great.. and a Arma with with a 30mm would be also nice..

Here some links:

Pataria

http://www.military-today.com/apc/patria_amv.htm

Arma

http://www.military-today.com/apc/arma.htm

Pandur 2

http://www.military-today.com/apc/pandur_2.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandur_II

Edited by _Roberto_

Ok - success for the slaved cannon script for AH-99. Will tidy it up and post it soon.

Video demo:

As a gunner, using the TrackIR to move the turret is very sluggish. I assume that could be changed via sensitivity settings, but then wouldn't that make it too sensitive for analog (i.e.: joysticks, control pads)?

Should be no issue - The cannon will move to where you are looking as fast as it can - you can obviously move your head faster than the cannon can move so it move at best speed. This means there is no difference in control sensitivity and the above should be a non issue; just use your normal look speed.

Limitations:

- Only tested in AH-99 however I will look a bit deeper; should work for any vehicle with a gunner.

- Needs an AI gunner

- You need to specifically select manual fire (until I can find a scripting command to change this)

Ok - success for the slaved cannon script for AH-99. Will tidy it up and post it soon.

Good stuff! Love the video.

Should be no issue - The cannon will move to where you are looking as fast as it can - you can obviously move your head faster than the cannon can move so it move at best speed. This means there is no difference in control sensitivity and the above should be a non issue; just use your normal look speed.
As tested in copilot mode, it moves at about 0.5 rotations per minute using TrackIR - uselessly slow, but still barely perceivable. Compare that to about 5-10 rotations per minute with a mouse, which is the normal rate of turn in game. I attempted to disable mouse handling, which incidentally is bound by the "aim *" series in both the View control menu and the Vehicle control menu. Disabling one or the other is not enough to disable the mouse control of a turret; it must be both. But it's a moot point anyway, because disabling it had no effect on the control speed with TrackIR. And like you said, altering the sensitivity of the TrackIR itself will have no bearing on the turret movement. I just don't know why it takes so long to catch up to the view while controlling it this way.
Limitations:

- Only tested in AH-99 however I will look a bit deeper; should work for any vehicle with a gunner.

- Needs an AI gunner

- You need to specifically select manual fire (until I can find a scripting command to change this)

This is still a good step forward. Working with other vehicles is a great plus if it can be for a solo operator. I can think of some tracked construction vehicles and small tanks that would benefit from that.

I wonder what happens if your AI gunner dies?

Again I say good stuff Zodd!! I half-expected this request to be ignored, but you've done a great service here!

Edited by ScotG
spelling correction

Hey everyone!

One of my friends is moving and I want to make a surprise for him but I need the communities help! I dont have any photoshop or art skills and was wondering if someone could make an insignia for us? I don't have much in mind but its based on a Canadian special forces unit based in British Columbia, we also love vikings. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Edited by Opendome

How about an explosion physics addon? So getting hit by an artillery shell or something will send units flying, cars could turn over, etc?

I'd love a mod that changes the FFV postions behind the cab of vehicles (off road, trucks etc...) to have firing arcs facing forward and the unit to be standing/crouched if need be (due to height of cab) Really dislike that all FFV on non-armoured vehicles is aiming backwards or side only..... just my opinion but hey....;-)

Cheers

I'd like to see the ARH Tiger from the Aussie Defense Force. Be a cool chopper to have in-game

I'm really confused as to why nobody has created any of these vehicles yet ....or at least finished them (Well i get the J-20, not many people will probably know it exists), i personally suck at modding so i was wondering if any of the talented people would create them?

I can't post pictures yet so i'll put some up when i can