max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Where is the virtual arsenal... because i'm dumbfounded if it's obvious to find, because I haven't found it yet.

It's in the Main Menu -> Learn

it's meant for just looking at different loadouts, but there's an export function that lets you paste the loadout to a unit in the editor. but this doesn't work too well because you can't fully edit backpack and carrier contents, or vehicle cargo or crate contents

When customizing my loadouts and trying different mods, it's so difficult to not have some sort of front and/or rotational display of my soldier when I try on new equipment. I have to exit out of the thing each time and rotate the camera to see what it looks like on me. Is there any mod that makes it easier to see what you're trying on at the ammobox?
@becario:

Look up DSCreatekey and associated tools on the BIS Community wiki. I'm unsure of the grey area of signing somebody else's addon but the examples in the reference I mention do allude to your scenario.

Thanks, I was already trying that. I don't know if I'm doing it right anyway, or it the dscreatekey and dssignfile I found (on armaholic) are the right ones, as they are from A2:OA. now I'm downloading tools from Steam to do it again.

Where is the virtual arsenal... because i'm dumbfounded if it's obvious to find, because I haven't found it yet.

Learn/Virtual Arsenal on the main screen, under "Editor"

Some Chechen insurgents would be welcome I think, in the style of the Arma 2 release by Stagler. Also perhaps some modern (2014-2015) era ChDKZ or generic Eastern European fighters from ArmA 2, maybe using gear similar to the Pro-Russian fighters in Ukraine?

There's two things totally missing until now, when we look at how goes the war in others countries, it's:

-a working ac-130 gunship

-a tomahawk cruise missile

I've tried something for the ac-130, but it's too difficult, I'm too rapidly lost...

Hi to all! I would like to start creating content for the ArmA universe and community! I'm asking if it would be "legal" to use straight away free 3d models from websites like this http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/3dmodels.aspx, or at least as reference for my modeling. I decided to post here even if I don't know whether this is the right place, but I think it would be useful to those who are requesting addons so badly that are considering "doing it themselves"..

Would be cool to have United States Federal Agent units, like NCIS, FBI or CIA (which is more realistic),

Had a look around couldnt find any mods like this

b_560x95.png

This might not be an exciting mod-idea, but it could be very useful.

I'm trying to find out what key-IDs my joystick and throttle give out so I can map 3rd-party addon actions to them.

My main goal is to re-bind TFAR main and alternate channels for both short- and long-range radios to an 8-way rocker-switch on my throttle. Up/down for long-range (main/alternate) and forward/back for short-range (main/alternate).

So, the idea is basically a dev-tool that outputs the key-ID of activated buttons to a dialogue on-screen.

Its probably possible to do that with scripts... there has to be some eventhandler for it or something.. like getkeypressed or something (not literally , I mean along the concept of that ..)

Its probably possible to do that with scripts... there has to be some eventhandler for it or something.. like getkeypressed or something (not literally , I mean along the concept of that ..)

Yes, if I could reverse the function "keyName" then I'd be fine. "keyName" takes a key-ID and returns a String that gives its name. I have the names of the buttons I'm looking for (Throttle HOTAS Stick Btn. #4-6), and I just need the key-IDs. A loop that goes through every single ID until it gets a hit is a solution, but it's one that makes me shudder... It's not something that goes under "best practices".

That's probably because keyName and DIK Codes only list keyboard keys and not Joystick. The configuration menu probably accepts buttons from your hotas using some internal hardware profile for your stick, which isn't necessarily available for scripting purposes. I've seen your related stuff on Armaholic forum and the feedback tracker. I can look into this a bit when I have time but as a workaround could you bind the hotas buttons to the keyboard keys used as default by TFAR?

That's probably because keyName and DIK Codes only list keyboard keys and not Joystick. The configuration menu probably accepts buttons from your hotas using some internal hardware profile for your stick, which isn't necessarily available for scripting purposes. I've seen your related stuff on Armaholic forum and the feedback tracker. I can look into this a bit when I have time but as a workaround could you bind the hotas buttons to the keyboard keys used as default by TFAR?

We did some research over on armaholic and found that what we need is for BI to reimplement the event handler onJoystickButton again. There are event handlers for keyboard (keyDown) and mouse (onMouseButton) but not for joysticks.

I've bound the keys using Thrustmaster TARGET, but this means I have to run yet another piece of software to make my Arma setup work.

Edited by Selmer79

coverfire, there is no Korea map that I know of.. maybe someone will make one but I do not believe any have been publicly announced or released by any modders.

I know that A3 is not supposed to be like COD or Battlefield but i think a really fast paced deathmatch style mod would be great for practicing aiming and shooting. No tactics, no missions, no objectives. Players should be able to pick whatever weapons they want and not have to buy anything. I know there is king of the hill but there is still the whole buying and waiting for transport aspect that takes you out of action for a long time. It would be good for helping people get used to leading people at different distances, practice close quarter firefights, practice using grenades / launchers, etc. I think it would have to be restricted to a smaller portion of the map like a town because there is no way to use the entirety of stratis or altis and have it be deathmatch style.

If such a mod already exists, please let me know.

can anybody make a realistic long range scope mod? I'm bored with LRPS reticle! I'm a long range shooting addict and a big fan of super realistic ballistics mod called Advanced Ballistics (if you like realistic sniping, go check out that mod!)

anyway, i'd really like to see these scope reticles:

Mil-R reticle

http://precisionrifle.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/nightforce-mil-r-scope-reticle.png

Gen 2 Mildot

http://media.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/GEAR_Gen2_MilDot_Reticle_lg.jpg

Horus H59 reticle

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/alt1/435/bushnellh59.jpg

P4L reticle

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/417bCoHCoYL.jpg

Gen 2 XR reticle

http://precisionrifle.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/premier-gen-2-xr-scope-reticle.jpg

can somebody make this reticle mod? please i beg you!

Edited by vekongmaster

can anybody make a realistic long range scope mod? I'm bored with LRPS reticle! I'm a long range shooting addict and a big fan of super realistic ballistics mod called Advanced Ballistics (if you like realistic sniping, go check out that mod!)

yup, Advanced Ballistics is extremely realistic and challenging :)

we need a scope that looks realistic like this:

Edited by TupacShakur

yup, Advanced Ballistics is extremely realistic and challenging :)

we need a scope that looks realistic like this:

This has been said numerous times: it is not possible via current engine. PiP for scopes is possible, but it is anything but "realistic" to use

This has been said numerous times: it is not possible via current engine. PiP for scopes is possible, but it is anything but "realistic" to use

I guess that may be changed in the future Marksman DLC.

aww come on, even a "game" like Red Orchestra can simulate realistic sniper scope PoV without any problem at all! Arma is a freaking war simulator! it's supposed to emphasize realism!

please dear BI developers, do something about this! give us realistic scope PoV!!!

and for God sake, give us some freaking Bipod!!! even a "game" like BF can provide us some freaking bipod!

still don't know why the hell BI wasted times on some f**king stupid dlc's like Zeus & Karts dlc instead of enhancing the realism >_<

Marksmen dlc better be good! but i think it'll be useless coz we already got some awesome marksmen mod like Advanced Ballistics

so BI, i'm only asking you this:

Edited by TupacShakur
coz i'm pissed!