max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

What is RTS?

Real-Time-Strategy, like Command & Conquer, or Wargame.

Oh nice i like C&C

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

There is actually someone doing a RTS mod for A3

Base building would be sweet but I'm really just looking to fight on large scales instead of small scales. I want to command battalions and companies

You know what'd be cool? What if there was a mod that checks to see if you have a pistol either equipped in the pistol slot but holding a rifle or a pistol inside your chest rig, and if so places a visible object in the leg holster. It's a little weird to be running around with a sidearm but an empty holster. But I wouldn't know what to do if the player was carrying multiple haha.

theres a mission somewere in the workshop thats a Multiplayer RTS using zeus
I was certain that someone would have pulled this off by now. :D But yeah, there are aspects of the Zeus GUI that make it feasible as the framework for a RTS/RTT, though to the OP I think that you'd have to have a custom mission that drastically expands on the possible spawnable groups, since the basic 'unit size' in this game is the individual soldier and/or vehicle -- that is, Arma's default scale is far smaller in scale (in terms of what and how stuff is simulated) than what you had in mind, which actually seems to be more operational/strategic.

Base building would be sweet but I'm really just looking to fight on large scales instead of small scales. I want to command battalions and companies

The BIS High Command module + the Hetman mod might be what you are looking for. I'm also working on an enhancement for HC, should be out in a week or two.

Need a really simple mod made if you guys don't mind. Can someone replace Natos automatic rifle with the MK200?

Looking for someone who's good at porting from A2 to help me with Ak's for one of my upcoming mods.

If interested, please message me.

Does anybody know how to make a Thermal Goggles MOD? I don't know how to use scripts, and either way I can't find anything about Thermal Goggles, as I think it would be really cool to have. Thanks.

Does anyone know of a mod that has the Arma 2 Suburban SUV ported to Arma 3?

@Ink.

Don't think any ones made it out of WIP or like, totally broken stage and thread abandoned...

I would love to see this too, maybe one day Reyhard will put it in his RDS civs pack, it already has like a bunch of ported arma 2 cars, of good quality and such.

Why don't you post there and ask him for it, if you want I can +1 you on that.

Can someone please make door gun equipped versions of the Mohawk, wildcat and orca... oh and maybe a DAP Ghost hawk. If it's possible and allowed.

I want to know how to make a script that will allow only certain players to hide bodys. which ie would remove the body and all the kit they had on them.

@Ink.

Don't think any ones made it out of WIP or like, totally broken stage and thread abandoned...

I would love to see this too, maybe one day Reyhard will put it in his RDS civs pack, it already has like a bunch of ported arma 2 cars, of good quality and such.

Why don't you post there and ask him for it, if you want I can +1 you on that.

I did. That would be perfect. That and the DayZ Cher+ map would be the greatest things ever.

Make the planes / helicopters dashboard actually work, so we can press the buttons with mouse.. Something close to Flight Simulator

I remember that a mod did this, right?

Primary Weapon Sling Animation when pistol is drawn would be cool

Does anyone know of or how to make a simple mod that lets me "detain" (place hands behind the persons back, I believe theres an animation for it) any unit. Whether it be a playable unit on any team (including my own squad), or just an unplayable civilian? Something as simple as just letting me scrollwheel an action that forces them into a hands behind their back (not their head) animation, even if they can't move until I do the same to release them.

Edited by Ink.

Carrier Air Wing:

>C2A Greyhound- Carrier on Board Delivery Transport

>EA6B Prowler- Electronic Warfare and Attack Aircraft

>E2C Hawkeye- Airborne Early Warning (I understand Operation Frenchpoint has this already however it would be convenient to have a U.S. Navy model that is designed for Arma 3 so people don't have to worry about porting)

>F35C- CV Version of the F35B (Marine Variant) with reinforced landing gear, no vertical engine, launch bar, larger wing surface area, fold-able wings. (I understand the B model exists and they aren't the same.)

>F14D Tomcat- A better version can be made than the Arma 2 version for 3.

>A4 Skyhawk- no high quality version has been released

Perhaps using the F/A18E/F Super Hornet Service Menu from John Spartan and Saul for all aircraft would be immensely appreciated. And having all aircraft compatible with Jdog and T's CVN (Nimitz Class Aircraft Carrier)

Blue Angels

>F/A 18C with corresponding skin

>C130 with corresponding skin and optional JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off) attachment

All just ideas. Hopefully some get made :D

^Agree with the Tomcat and others, Just really want a 2 seater Tomcat! haha. Also would like Radar systems and navigation mod for fixed wing, similar to Falcon BMS but not AS in depth and more user friendly.

I'm sure that this has been suggested before but I just felt to express my hope for an Add On that would cover the IDF. Just in the tradition of ARMA II Add Ons that covered the british war in Afgha.. uhm Takitistan or the Private Military Companys and so on. I'd just LOVE to be able to virtually sit in a Merkava II, III or even IV.

Given the current situation it could of course be seen as impious but the actual offensive will hopefully find an end sooner rather than later and the current conflict certainly undenyably raises a certain interest. Israel's recent history has a broad range of conflicts against armies as well as insurgents or terror organizations and the potential that I see is that Israel has a lot of interesting gear and tanks/vehicles and the wars and conflicts Israel has been in could make for a very enthralling scenario bandwith from tank action in open desert or in villages over jetmissions to oppressive assymetrical urban warfare and to even more nightmarish tunnel fights or just missions where you don't know how to react and will encounter a lot of situations that are difficult to solve because you can't just open fire on everything. The single player campaign could even have the potential to deal with deep morale conflicts as the brilliant Spec Ops - The Line managed to do, yet in a far more realistic fashion.

Edited by Cold

I'm sure that this has been suggested before but I just felt to express my hope for an Add On that would cover the IDF. Just in the tradition of ARMA II Add Ons that covered the british war in Afgha.. uhm Takitistan or the Private Military Companys and so on. I'd just LOVE to be able to virtually sit in a Merkava II, III or even IV.

Given the current situation it could of course be seen as impious but the actual offensive will hopefully find an end sooner rather than later and the current conflict certainly undenyably raises a certain interest. Israel's recent history has a broad range of conflicts against armies as well as insurgents or terror organizations and the potential that I see is that Israel has a lot of interesting gear and tanks/vehicles and the wars and conflicts Israel has been in could make for a very enthralling scenario bandwith from tank action in open desert or in villages over jetmissions to oppressive assymetrical urban warfare and to even more nightmarish tunnel fights or just missions where you don't know how to react and will encounter a lot of situations that are difficult to solve because you can't just open fire on everything. The single player campaign could even have the potential to deal with deep morale conflicts as the brilliant Spec Ops - The Line managed to do, yet in a far more realistic fashion.

Support this

There is a Israeli mod already, no vehicles sadly and the units are put under NATO/men(IDF). they expect you to use the vanilla vehicles i guess