max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Now I would have loved to have a group of people to build this idea I have had for a few years to think about this idea. Wrote a small book on it and it's in a box somewhere in my garage. Yet Arma has been the most realistic shooter/sim made to date. With all the realistic aspects setting it a part from any other game. Now my idea will take the shooter out of it. Let alone fully doc it into a sim and make it more intuitive in that regards.

Example One:

M4a4- Hitting "R" would change magazine, but in this lets say your rifle is empty. You just stacked a fresh mag in the mag well and slap it in to make sure it's secure. Then you hold your "primary fire key" (the animation shows your characters hand reach out and fingers grasp the charging handle) you drag back on the mouse and release "primary fire" to send it home. Now your M4a4 is charged and battle ready.

Example Two:

M4a4 Jam- While in the middle of training with your squad or in a fire fight. Your weapon has one of the 5 jams that can happen in RL. When your firearm jams you have to hit your "interact" key to examine the firearm to determine what happened and what went wrong.

Double feed =

1.) Hold "R" and "primary fire" now scroll your mouse back and tap "interact key" to lock the bolt back as well as remove the magazine.

2.) rapidly tap "interact and reload keys" to finger the cartridges out of the breach through the mag well. To clear the M4a4

3.) Tap "reload" to replace the magazine and tap "Interact" to send the bolt home and charge the rifle. Or use the "primary fire and mouse scroll" to use the charging handle.

Out of battery/slap and rack =

1.) tap the "reload" key to slap the magazine

2.) then "primary fire" and scroll back to recharge the rifle

3.) "interaction" key to hit the forward assist.

Stovepipe =

1.) a simple tap again of the interact key to slap the casing clear of the rifle and holding "reload" to examine the magazine and check firing chamber for a cartridge.

Summary:

Bolt action Rifles would simple charge the same way as an M4 and same as pistols. The only issue is with shotguns and since they are not hard wired into the game, but modded in. It wouldn't be a huge lose. I have tried to figure out a way to simulate the pump action experience with my idea, but can't make it functional. With shooters it's the rifle that gives them the feeling of immersion into a shooter. From the muzzle flash, to spent casing ejecting out the side, sound effects, and the bullet tracers.

Having to take care of your rifle let alone when you add environmental sprites that if you crawl in wet sand or mud would chance causing a jam in your firearm. Depending on what make it is or if it was designed to function with that in mind. Like an AK. Same thing if a firearm gets hit or damaged. Having to maintain a firearm if those elemental conditions do apply to your firearm. Also considering suppressed firearms tend to jam more then non suppressed.

Enable Aiming In Prone Stances

Can someone make an addon or something to enable aiming while in urban prone (those prone stance variants used with ctrl+A or D or S while prone)?

I play almost exclusively in first person camera with semi-disabled hud without crosshair, so i can only aim properly using the weapon sights (right click) which makes it impossible to aim from those prone stances as it currently is.

And i happen to not be able to use those stances as much as i would want just because without the ability to aim whenever i use the stances it feels like i put myself in a "naked" pose (feels like you cannot really defend yourself).

Yes, you can aim if you try to calculate the center of your screen but that's not the point and more like a workaround, and it should be possible to aim, if you want to check just put your character in those poses, activate splendid camera or just check from the animations list from the editor and you'll see it is not even a matter of being not possible physically, the character head is actually in a good position to use the weapon sights.

I know some people may not be interested of it but when i play Arma i spend often time in prone or low stances, and maybe i feel the lack of aiming ability from the side prone stances more than others. I'll be happy to be able to aim from those stances and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

I can understand it would be a problem depending on the weapon, maybe a lmg would be too heavy (or a pain to manage the recoil) to use in those stances? But still with pistols, smgs and rifles should be possible to aim.

Edited by 3lackrose

This looks interesting.

Any ETA on a release date?

What i mean is are we talking near future,or further off?

So, is there really no one interested in making an MH-53J Pave Low III or MH-53M Pave Low IV?

With this color

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/080515-F-1234P-002.jpg

While I would personally love to see one in-game, you've got a very talented team already working on an MH-60 DAP, among other SOAR vehicles and I believe there are 1-2 groups (or individuals) working on CH46 and CH53's already. I know the CH-53E doesn't quite stand up to the MH models flown by the Air Force but either way, it would be nice having all of them in-game. Unfortunately.. Only time will tell.

Yeah, I know there is the 160th SOAR team working on their own aircrafts, but as 160th SOAR doesn't use it...

Plus, well... it's 2014 (IRL) and 2035 (IG), so CH-53 is too old. That's why I asked for the MH-53M version... :(

If I knew how to config, model and animate I'd create a planet of the apes mod for Arma 3. If it can be done with Dinosaurs why not chimps on horses and human/AI surviving. Does anyone know if its being made yet?

Given the new Virtual Arsenal with the Bootcamp update, I think it would be a big help to mission makers to have a mod where saved loadouts from Virtual Arsenal can be placed as units in the editor directly, without having to use a loadout script.

I would like to request a way to see my turret pointed in degrees with a tank and the turret swiwelling separatle .And a way to see the unit insigna and where the troops belong to.

A way to make Co-Op missions to be converted to SP+Ai enemies+Zeus as controller of the Ai (Ei).That would be helpfull .

Some way to simplify the way helos are made by creating a outlined ,3d wiev with the help of a `ruler`that can draw the lines of a photo or drawing.

Xerox a photo by Scanner and have some sort of automated way to measure and draw the picture in .paa format,P3d or similar in Publisher.

A better version of ASOR Gear Selector but with Ace abilities, like having 2 rifles/guns and back-up radios.Some way to combine 2 Ai systems at once and have a separate ai for tanks.

And someone ,please make me a decent Mirage 2000 or Kfir ! I would like it to have some sort of Rearming Station or similar too.

A Module to add to the CAS module too,a Real Radar and to make an air defence that works in game .I want to be able to add any plane that I may want Outside of the Modds that the Server has got.

I want a way to point with the body/arms with "markerless motiontracking" with a simple webbcam to controll the IK body of the player.

And to use Publisher to simply make handsingnals and use the fingers of the hand,maybe use the new Kinnect sensor for Win PC.:j:

I would also request a modd to get a Swiss Recon operator with Beanie Hat and a Headset.That is ,Watchmans Cap and a Beanie hat+headset in ONE.

Edited by Teddybear1

I would like to see a full in detail and working AH-1z Viper. One where you had to manual start the helicopter. The Arma 2 import is not the best substitute and we need a good attack chopper for the NATO side. Not the commanche.

Can i request an addon to increase my squads "aware" mode range? and if possible another addon that does auto resupply and medic (toggled on/off in squad commands)

I play with a group that does a lot of 70's/80's/ 90's themed loadouts and 'backwater country/salvaged supplies' for the fun of it. We make do with a lot of 'well its close enough', and we are idiots incapable of modding anything ourselves.

That said, just a feeler out there for anybody that knows of or would be willing to make the following:

Vehicles:

M151 MUTT and M38A1 (currently using the UAZ for these)

Some Toyota Hilux or similar technicals, with some SPG-9's and DShK's would be lovely.

M998 HMMWV with the cargo/pickup bed as well, sometimes you need a truck. (Edit - found one in case anybody was wondering)

Weapons

XM177e2, GUU5/P, and some lovely gooseneck and carryhandle optics for maximum late 80's early 90's fun. I know theres a million m4 packs, but sometimes the urge to go one step back is nice. (Edit - Looks like Toadie and the rest of the FHQ gentlemen are making something up this alley)

That said, very impressed with the modding community, and thanks for all you guys do.

Edited by Batts

First, I know squat about modding (though I did learn C++ at college... like 13 years ago).

Anyway, question is : Would it be possible to have a small mod that enables to bind a key to an action that would auto-move your character in a straight line? (yeah, like those auto-move in some MMOs).

Reason is that I'm playing as Zeus/MCC and I'd like to take control of Zeus and place units as our squad is patrolling but I'd like my character to not just stop moving.

It would be even better if I could make my character auto-follow another character.

I think it would be really cool to see a new GPS. And not a regular GPS, like the A2 one. But something cool, and Modern. Like a Google Maps GPS. A GPS with the map looking like the Google Maps map. Does this make sense? I think that this is a really cool idea, and would be really cool for RP.

Maybe you could try it without any mods with the remote controll function of zeus:

That means that your real player stands somewhere where nobody can see him, and you always just remote controll one certain unit of a group. That would mean that he would use his AI while you are in Zeus mode to follow the group and to shoot, but if you remote controll him it is like playing a normal soldier.

Hi!

Is there any map tools for ARMA3 like these ones for ARMA2?

make lines, angles.. etc and draw them in the map? Thanks!

Could someone remove the muzzleflashes during daytime and only make them appears during nighttime ?

It was the case in alpha if i remember correctly, no idea why they modified that, but i think the feeling will be better without them during daytime.

Thanks.

Hi, I was wondering. Is it possible if anyone could make an addon that adds a retextured hunter to be all blacked out and the press vest to also be blacked out (with no text)? I'm not really sure how I'd do it myself.

Two Requests / Ideas for mods.

1) Fluid Dynamic Mouse Stance. Assign a key that acts as an alternative "adjust" stance key that also momentarily replaces aiming using the mouse, with moving forward, backward and left and right with the mouse. Purpose: Is to allow with one hold of a key, the mouse becomes a fluid dynamic stance input. (One can get the effect by deleting your WASD movement keys and add "mouse forward, mouse backward" etc to the old WASD movement assignments. Then apply your stance key and the mouse becomes a fluid dynamic stance input.)

2) Enhanced Breaching File Formation. This would alter the current "File Formation" by making it a truly tight stack of soldiers. The idea is to make the AI soldiers track exactly the same footsteps that the lead soldier takes, while also implementing an extremely tight interval between soldiers that would be less than a rifle length. The AI soldiers would maintain this distance at all costs (almost invisibly linked) while covering appropriate sectors as normal while in a column of any type. (It would also inhibit the AI from breaking off or finding cover while in this formation.) Purpose: To make AI soldiers more capable of effectively breaching a door with human players.

Edited by SabotAndHeat

A mod I would like to see is an ambient object mod containing items such as:

Household Appliances: fridges, stoves, microwave ovens, cupboards, wardrobes, beds televisions etc.

Office Equipment: Desks, Office Chairs, Vending Machines, Photocopiers, Printers etc.

Military Support Equipment: Field Kitchens, Wapon Lockers and Racks, Manual Handling Equipment, Comms equipment.

Hospital/Medical equipment: Hospital beds, Operating Theatre Equipment, Emergency room equipment.

I think all of the would be a great addition to Arma 3 because they would allow mod and mission makers greater ability to create emersive content.

Imagine creating a mission where one of your team is wounded and medevaced back to a field hospital that is equipped with actual medical equipment, not just an empty tent with a couple of bandages and a first aid kit.

Perhaps somebody in the life mods community may have something like this they would be willing to share?

I am looking for acouple of AK's. I would like to get the Ak-47, Ak-47 GL, AKM, and RPK. If anyone has any of those models and they would like to give them to me for use in my up coming Insurgent mod, that would be much appreciated.

Full credit would go to the original owner when I release the mod public.

Second Note: I would like these Ak's to have just the standard Arma 2 sounds.

Thank you very much, if you have anything, please PM me and we can work something out.