max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Has anyone made Hunter and Ifrit variants that have TOW weapons and such?

(I'm thinking of all the different HUMV Variants)

I'd love to see a heavier-attack variant of the Blackfoot. Since the Comanche had the option to have EFAMS installed and provide the ability to carry more munitions (but pretty much negating its RCS reduction advantage), it'd be nice to see an AH-99A Blackfoot (hypothetically) with 8 ATGM's on installed stub-wings, while maintaining its weapons bay.

Hopefully it'd use something else than this lame Scalpel, which just by the name seems like a Russian weapon and really doesnt make sense for NATO use :( Brimstone or Hellfire maybe?

I'd love to see a heavier-attack variant of the Blackfoot. Since the Comanche had the option to have EFAMS installed and provide the ability to carry more munitions (but pretty much negating its RCS reduction advantage), it'd be nice to see an AH-99A Blackfoot (hypothetically) with 8 ATGM's on installed stub-wings, while maintaining its weapons bay.

Hopefully it'd use something else than this lame Scalpel, which just by the name seems like a Russian weapon and really doesnt make sense for NATO use :( Brimstone or Hellfire maybe?

Agreed, and maybe a pawnee equipped with a few ATGM's and a Gun pod aswell. maybe call it a pawnee hunter?

We need those. I hope Rocket will give permission to port them, as he seems to have other things on his mind these days.. :rolleyes:

We need those. I hope Rocket will give permission to port them, as he seems to have other things on his mind these days.. :rolleyes:

Or rather, he has other things on his mind these dayz.

the 3d model use is bought off tbsquid. that said the license prohibits, afaik, transfer of files from one user to another...irc he had to obtain some permission from original author to distribute those files for non commercial purpose as an addon

I'd like to ask for a 20km²/9mi² coastal desert, consisting of a 4-lane highway running along the coast, having multiple coastal towns and villages of varying sizes dotted about next to it (or the highway running through it.) And a single coastal city (the size of the build-up Kavala sector on Altis.) disected by a 'national border' completely with checkpoints within and around the city on the few roads that cross the actual border. Out of the city the walled off border (kind of like the Berlin Wall) could become a double high fence for several miles into the desert, before it becomes a raised sand-bar on the otherwise empty mostly featureless vast flat desert terrain.

Please don't forget to add patrol-roads along the border, with some fortifications and camps along each side of the border's fences, with mere dirttracks along the raised sand-bank.

I would like to suggest the highway running from East to West, and then the 'national border' from the beach/coast running North to South, in the middle of the map or something like that. If you search on google maps, try for something between Libya's city of Sirte and city/gulf of Benghazi. Could make for interesting terrain. The actual "green zone" expands only several hundreds of meters up to two kilometres into the interior, before gradually becoming desert.

(For there's likely going to be many hilly/mountainous Afghanistan based terrains, or European or S.E. Asia based terrains, but not much based on otherwise mostly featureless empty terrain.) But if someone is willing to take this up, thanks alot! :D

*Edit: As for what an actual national bordercrossing-point looks like: please click url/link:

Now focus on the birds-eye overview of the border-compounds.. I'd like to see something just like it, or resembling that, as to what Arma 3 allows for with respect to buildings etc. being available.. But it should atleast be multiple toll-booths lined up next to one another for each direction the highway runs to.. Again thanks for reading, and the possible consideration! :)

Edited by Thani '82
Added url which contains video for additional explanation.

You may directly ask Gnat about these, seeing as Gnat's already ported over the "Fast Sea Frame - Sea Fighter - Assault Craft".

I would also note that at this time both HMS Queen Elizabeth (R08) and CV Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union Kuznetsov are "place as empty" ships, more akin to the old "LHD as placeable Editor object" mod than to "manned vehicles with seats", although I see that the QE has automated Phalanx/Seasparrow systems (necessitating both the Phalanx/Ak-630/Seasparrow mod and its own dependency the MMA mod) -- the point is, those two carriers don't "need" porting to be usable in Arma 3, but on the overall I agree that your overall list is cool and something that I'd be happy to see Arma 3-native versions for. :D

In particular, with the LCAC I'd hope to see some roll-on/roll-off integration thanks to PhysX, even if "attachTo" scripting or a folded-up ramp has to be used to keep the vehicles/troops in place since there still isn't proper surface friction between boat floors/ship decks and character feet/ground vehicle wheels, only helicopters... although the working helicopter/ship deck interaction would mean that the frigates' helidecks would finally no longer need the "secure/lash and release" scripts!

Definitely a fully working LCAC and a ship that has a well deck to dock the craft in is probably long overdue in the Arma series. A2's LPD-29 comes to mind as being the only ship with a well deck, tho not without its limitations by the game's engine - players aren't able to enter into vehicles or crafts within the well deck, as it is below a walkable surface (the helicopter pad). Thus scripts were used to teleport players into the vehicles.

A mod that replaces all CSATs helmets with a random mix of beanies, boonies, bandanas and green caps, would be awesome if it could also catch ingame spawned units.

Basically my favorite assault rifle is the G36K.

Image:http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101226015556/deadliestfiction/images/2/22/G36K.jpg (217 kB)

aaaaaand there aren't a lot of games that let me use it in that form, they always deck it out in picatinny and omit the Integrated scope, or just go with the G36C variant. since I don't like these I figured i'd take a shot in the dark and make it a challenge.

Whoever can make me a fully functioning G36K, like the one pictured, with good sounds, wins bragging rights.

now obviously this prize is worth next to nothing, if not worth nothing at all, but i really don't have anything else to offer. If i did it would be on the table. So, this is really more of a request than anything. However, since i'm something of a gun nut, and spend my leisure time reading up on real world firearms, (or at the range when i can afford ammo,) and since i'm typically super critical of all weapon mods, and have a meticulous attention to detail regarding guns in games. (my gripe list is extensive, i should really write it all down at some point) anyway, the reason i call it a challenge is because it'll take something really high quality to make me truly happy, and not just content.

So, if any modders have finished their project and are looking for something to do, and feel like making a gun nut really, really happy. take up the challenge, and subject yourself to my microscope.

P.S.

Do not tell me to download the All-In-Arma Pack, as I will probably never, ever download that, unless it's content were to work flawlessly along side the ARMA3 content, which will probably never happen, and don't tell me to go back to Arma2OA, I like making my own missions (more or less just tinkering with the editor, not on the level of exporting as of yet), and Arma3's editor is about 100 times more user friendly than arma2's.

P.P.S

This challenge also applies to the FN P90 with integrated optics (no tri-rail) Image:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/FN-P90_2.jpg (466 kB)

P.P.S.S.

Would also apply to the M9 and Desert Eagle, but Robert Hammer already won, hands down. hope he reads this.

TL;DR: It's not really that long.

Basically my favorite assault rifle is the G36K.

Image:http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101226015556/deadliestfiction/images/2/22/G36K.jpg (217 kB)

aaaaaand there aren't a lot of games that let me use it in that form, they always deck it out in picatinny and omit the Integrated scope, or just go with the G36C variant. since I don't like these I figured i'd take a shot in the dark and make it a challenge.

Whoever can make me a fully functioning G36K, like the one pictured, with good sounds, wins bragging rights.

now obviously this prize is worth next to nothing, if not worth nothing at all, but i really don't have anything else to offer. If i did it would be on the table. So, this is really more of a request than anything. However, since i'm something of a gun nut, and spend my leisure time reading up on real world firearms, (or at the range when i can afford ammo,) and since i'm typically super critical of all weapon mods, and have a meticulous attention to detail regarding guns in games. (my gripe list is extensive, i should really write it all down at some point) anyway, the reason i call it a challenge is because it'll take something really high quality to make me truly happy, and not just content.

So, if any modders have finished their project and are looking for something to do, and feel like making a gun nut really, really happy. take up the challenge, and subject yourself to my microscope.

P.S.

Do not tell me to download the All-In-Arma Pack, as I will probably never, ever download that, unless it's content were to work flawlessly along side the ARMA3 content, which will probably never happen, and don't tell me to go back to Arma2OA, I like making my own missions (more or less just tinkering with the editor, not on the level of exporting as of yet), and Arma3's editor is about 100 times more user friendly than arma2's.

P.P.S

This challenge also applies to the FN P90 with integrated optics (no tri-rail) Image:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1d/FN-P90_2.jpg (466 kB)

P.P.S.S.

Would also apply to the M9 and Desert Eagle, but Robert Hammer already won, hands down. hope he reads this.

TL;DR: It's not really that long.

A blood gore and dismemberment add on would be nice I know its not the mane focus of a mil sim but feel it would add to the immersion.

I would like to see the correct units for the Marines, they don't wear the crye gear. All the requested things will be stated below, I will be willing to pay though paypal for a public release of said units. (The issue with other packs are small but they just cannot capture the Marine Corps and it's true state of uniforms and gear.

*Headgear

1. Plain (No rails or random accessories) Kevlar helmet with NOD helmet mount (That nods can connect to) One helmet with goggles on top of the helmet one without goggles. Both Woodland and Desert MARPAT.

2. 8 Point Cover both Desert and Woodland MARPAT. Needs the Eagle Globe and Anchor. (the other pack I have seen with this makes the visor look to short)

3. The Boonie Cover is just fine it just needs the Eagle Globe and Anchor. Woodland and Desert MARPAT.

*MCCUU (BDU's)

(All of the following will need to be in Woodland and Desert MARPAT)

1. Two blouses. One is the frog which is fine how it is except for the elbow pads needs to be just cloth. The other is the actual blouse the USMC uses which can be referenced here http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Marines_in_formation.jpg if you would like to do an extra and add the rolled sleeves on another blouse I would love that. Please do not forget the EGA (Eagle Globe and Anchor) and and the US Marines tape on the left breast pocket do not worry about the name tape on the right breast pocket.

2. Normal trousers with no crye kneepads and a pair with kneepads but like the ultraforce velcro ones as referenced here http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JFxefs4dL._SY300_.jpg (trousers need to be bloused around the boots as in the first picture linked in the paragraph above.)

3. Bates RAT Combat boots (WITH EGA) on the heel of the boots.

*Gear

1. The Eagle SPC Plate Carrier with dump pouch (coyote brown) one with Camelback one without.

http://www.warjunkies.net/ploggerb3/thumbs/lrg-987-spcaugust2011right.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/crazyjeeper/Link%20Stuff/160.jpg

2. Get rid of the vanilla gloves or throw in some that would match the camo (like the oakleys or something).

3. The Ultra Force kneepads as stated in the above section.

If you are interested contact me at my personal email johnmasterofall@gmail.com we can talk about pricing, I will be paying through paypal to protect myself and the other party involved, you will not get paid until I see the content is finished (demo version like a video or something will do fine) It should not be released until I have paid the author. Thank you kindly for considering I will lay out any other things if I need to when contacted.

Sincerely,

JohnnyCrysis

Paying/getting paid for addons is something you don't talk about here.