max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

WEAPON REPLACEMENT MOD

I would like someone to create a mod that replace's the BLUFOR weapon (MX) in the default loadouts with the FN2000 or something. that would be awesome. Oh! and if someone could replace the standard MX textures with black textures that would be great.

Thanks,

Kevlar:cool:

zombie zombie zombie zombie :)

undead mod pleasssseeeeee like arma 2

(with animations and infection countdown etc...)

:(

I like what Rickybobby suggested. A mod that brings Arma back to the current conflicts in the middle-east would be great.

I'd like a map that would be consistent with the conflicts in Syria.

nobody actually responds to any of these so what's the point

sad but true

I haven't read the other 43 pages of this thread but I'd LOVE to see an ARMA III - Vietnam mod ie.

- Bluefor - US Army / USMC / Aust Army / ARVN (err ok maybe not)

- OPFOR - NVA / VC

I think we all know what type of vehicles/weapons/etc would fit into this mod, however this DEFINITELY fits into the whole patrol out of a central base scenario that domination or most COOPs (insurgency) servers use. Obviously we'd need a map resembling Sth Vietnam complete with fire bases, main bases, etc. This would definitely HAVE to include the Aussies as a fighting force (infantry, armour, hueys, etc).

I just watched Hamburger Hill again and the first thing I thought of was 'hey, this reminds me of MP missions in ARMA III!!'.

I haven't read the other 43 pages of this thread but I'd LOVE to see an ARMA III - Vietnam mod ie.

- Bluefor - US Army / USMC / Aust Army / ARVN (err ok maybe not)

- OPFOR - NVA / VC

I think we all know what type of vehicles/weapons/etc would fit into this mod, however this DEFINITELY fits into the whole patrol out of a central base scenario that domination or most COOPs (insurgency) servers use. Obviously we'd need a map resembling Sth Vietnam complete with fire bases, main bases, etc. This would definitely HAVE to include the Aussies as a fighting force (infantry, armour, hueys, etc).

I just watched Hamburger Hill again and the first thing I thought of was 'hey, this reminds me of MP missions in ARMA III!!'.

No Aussies yet, but it's explicitly "only a preview version": Vietnam: The Experience.

oh sweet, didn't even know that existed!! thanks mate, I'll check it out and follow it.

I cannot make any guarantees re: its quality or progress; according to an off-BI-forums thread, it's "old models ported from existing ArmA 2 VTE" and as of about five weeks ago (beginning of June) Snake Man was still soliciting 3D modelers/texturers to make new content for Arma 3, instead of 'merely' porting the A2 content (and at low-resolution/texture at that) in preview form.

's a YouTube video of its content from someone else.

The simple fact that one requests something doesn't mean the first lad able to do it will say: surely, if it desired by a single person, i will spend a lot of my free time to make it happen for that particular person, even if i personally find it unattractive as a project and will most likely not enjoy doing it...

This is not how things works around here.

sad but true

I fail to see where is the sad part in requesting something and not getting an answer

I cannot make any guarantees re: its quality or progress; according to an off-BI-forums thread, it's "old models ported from existing ArmA 2 VTE" and as of about five weeks ago (beginning of June) Snake Man was still soliciting 3D modelers/texturers to make new content for Arma 3, instead of 'merely' porting the A2 content (and at low-resolution/texture at that) in preview form.
's a YouTube video of its content from someone else.

why would you make any guarantees on behalf of someone else's work in the first place?

why would you make any guarantees on behalf of someone else's work in the first place?
Because someone may well assume that of me, as unreasonable as that sounds to the both of us?

may assume what, sorry?

That I was somehow in a position to make guarantees for it, i.e. by somehow being involved with the mod other than finding it, even though I'm not and it seems odd to both of us for someone to assume that.

I'd like a map that would be consistent with the conflicts in Syria.
How would you define "consistent" (with said conflicts) here? Just asking so that any addon maker who looks over your request would know what you're looking for.

Hi Guys!

Would it be possible to incorporate standard (cased) ammo for Blufor's MX rifles? The ideal would be if this can be accompanied by cartridges ejecting from the MX rifles when you fire them.

Let me explain why:

To my knowledge at this stage there are very few assault rifles that use caseless ammunition: I can think of two : the HK G11, and the Armtech C30R come to mind. Both of these were concepts / prototypes. Neither made it into active use. (Personally I think the G11 is/was an absolutely butt-ugly piece of equipment. If I was ever issued with it in a military context I would save the enemies the trouble and just shoot myself with it.)

A bit extreme, but yes, the form and function of firearms have always been attractive to me, and I have a very high level of appreciation for anything well-made, be it a multitool, vacuum cleaner or firearm.

Back to caseless ammo:

Doing away with the brass cartridge cases results in much lighter ammunition, but introduces substantial new problems in the form of Fragility and Heat Sensitivity. Carrying around a bunch of fragile ammunition bumps the well-made feel of the MX rifles down a few notches for me.

Yes, I know that ARMA 3 is set about 20 years in the future and yes, it is pretty plausible that in the two decades between now and 2030, significant advances could have been made regarding caseless ammunition.

However,

If anyone could by means of a mod give me the option to use standard cased ammunition as well I would really appreciate it. A LOT! I don't think this is unrealistic. The MX rifles have what appears to be a fully functional ejector slot.

It would involve:

1) Adding a new ammunition magazine: Std 6.5mm 30 Rd (Or something like that)

2) Adding an ejected cartridges animation when firing this ammo.

Either this or could someone point me in the right direction towards creating a mod like this? I have started working on my own mod, but being new to ARMA modding, it is taking a while! :confused:

Edited by Rian

There is a lot of point to it. I know I come on here a lot to get ideas from what people would like to see. I don't ever post but I check the stuff out, I'm sure other modders do too.

I'm sure other modders do too.

Yep, do.

Some cool ideas come from these threads.

Gnat;2441415']Yep' date=' do.

Some cool ideas come from these threads.[/quote']

I'd be more than happy to see your submarines reemerge in ArmA 3, I still use them in A2, they were fantastic!

I'm having difficulty trying to find the range master uniform .paa so that I can grab the logo off the back of it for use as a squad.xml picture. Any assistance provided would be greatly appreciated.