max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

Anybody posted about a UAV drone yet. If not! can we have a modder make one for A3? cheers!

Hello All,

I'm not sure how many of you watch the TV show "Revolution" but I think this would be a great mod for Arma 3. For those who do not know "Revolution" takes place in the not to distant future where an experimental military weapon shut down all power through out the world,(I don't want to explain how this works for those who still want to watch the show or haven't gotten to that point in the story yet.) leaving the planet with no power and unable to use any electrical equipment, the fall of governments and the start of a new world where different powers begin to vie for land and more power.

The mod could include the different factions such as the Rebels, The Monroe Republic, and the other factions still to be seen. Also included would bee the different weapons they use from the black powder musket to the M-16.

Just these features would be enough to make great scenarios, but someone could go even further and add the pendents and amplifies which allow the unusable electrical equipment to be used.

I thought this would be a great mod so let me know what you think. I'd like to see what other people feel about this.

-Taylor2010

that show sounds stupid already, it would take more effort to build a black powder musket instead of a modern weapon. does it include a time travel subplot?

Actually if you think about it in a world with no power the ability to make modern bullets as in one that has a casing, gunpowder and bullet all in one is a lot harder to make then a simple musket ball which can be melted down from a medal and then used which is why black powder weapons are used in some cases. Also how do you think it takes more effort to build a black powder musket instead of a modern weapon?

Well the soldiers have dump pouches, so maybe it could be possible to make them useable- discard spent magazines into the dump pouches, and when one isn't in contact, have stripper clips or rounds in their bag or what not to reload the spent magazines in the pouch. or if you don't want empty mags on your person just drop them onto the ground from the dump pouch. Seems like a good idea to me!

It seems the 16AA are working on field rationings and food so that takes out my second idea. woot

Also, working Grip Pods/Bipods? if it hasn't been yet mentioned. It seems rather useless to run around with a Grip Pod that you cant deploy and such.

Cheers!

Anyone working on terrorist/insurgent/militia skins? Or at least attempting to import militia guys from ARMA 2 Arrowhead? I don't mind the futuristic Iran OPFOR, but i'd still like to see some "afghan" style counter insurgency scenarios sometime.

Anyone working on terrorist/insurgent/militia skins? Or at least attempting to import militia guys from ARMA 2 Arrowhead? I don't mind the futuristic Iran OPFOR, but i'd still like to see some "afghan" style counter insurgency scenarios sometime.
Doesn't All in Arma basically cover this as far as "attempting to import"?

Doesn't All in Arma basically cover this as far as "attempting to import"?

It doesn't import the infantry models, so no skins or models for infantry insurgents.

Addon request: Pilot's Kneeboard Map

Examples:

http://i.imgur.com/RwcBePe.jpg

http://goo.gl/uNzro

- Preferably as a separate inventory item you can equip/unequip (and it would appear on your model as just like other uniform parts).

- Ability to light the kneeboard in night conditions?

- All the other functionality pretty much identical to the wonderful Tao Folding Map.

What do you think? I personally would love something like that for pilots.

Is it doable with current Arma 3 modding?

Yeaa I like that idea too :D for the kneeboard map..for pilots you have tumbs up from me :D

and i know that now is posible to make it in A3 i woud realy like to see CORNER SHOT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJ-W3XfACTxLlO5u71g8tSwUKBQFj03q0FanJowBakNYBVSd9uuA

in A3 i dont know is anyone making any but i think that this woud be used from a lot of players in game :D

Nobody like to peek with his head around the corner..lol :D

Can we get some ACOG scopes compatible with the initial 6.5mm Rifles released with the game? The scopes that have been added for the M107 and other rifles are awesome, but aren't compatible with the initial rifles.

Also, a tweak on the recoil of the 6.5mm, as a trained shooter would minimize that recoil and get back onto the target much faster.

Different camo's on the initial game rifles, as well as modded ones would be a perk too, even the addition of Camo Form on the rifles would be nice to blend with the environment.

A Humvee ported over from arma 2, or even a new one would be good, as opposed to the futuristic vehicles added right now.

Yeaa I like that idea too :D for the kneeboard map..for pilots you have tumbs up from me :D

and i know that now is posible to make it in A3 i woud realy like to see CORNER SHOT

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJ-W3XfACTxLlO5u71g8tSwUKBQFj03q0FanJowBakNYBVSd9uuA

in A3 i dont know is anyone making any but i think that this woud be used from a lot of players in game :D

I wonder if it would be possible to control such a thing in arma.

-Different magazine models. As in, if you put a beta C-mag in an M4, it actually looks like an M4 with a beta C-mag

-Continuous belts for belt-fed weapons. Instead of just having boxed magazines, give soldiers actual belts that they can link and un-link

-Fallout mod?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJ-W3XfACTxLlO5u71g8tSwUKBQFj03q0FanJowBakNYBVSd9uuA

In regards to corner shot, I think we would need to have proper animations done for it...I remember SMK for arma 2 had some pretty neat ones. Maybe if they had something like that, and used a PiP display to show what a camera attached to the gun sees? (I.e. like the display in the infantry showcase, but attached to the gun.)

I wonder if it would be possible to control such a thing in arma.

I dont know...lol but if there is any way lets say to scrol whel and turn left or right..that woud be nice :D or maybe set a option and when it is active use"Q" & "W" to turn gun.. :) but either way..that woud be nice :D

Well I don't mean that, I mean how do you aim it? Even if it was possible to make a gun face sideways, how do you tell the character to roll the gun left and right to increase and decrease elevation?

Well I don't mean that, I mean how do you aim it? Even if it was possible to make a gun face sideways, how do you tell the character to roll the gun left and right to increase and decrease elevation?

Well , those rotations could be done by the scripts and aim could use RTT screen same way as A3 RCWS (not sure if RTT works with hand held weapons tho)

If the muzzle faced sideways, I think leaning away from the corner with Q/E would add some elevation, which you could then fine tune with the mouse controls - would be fairly tricky to aim though.

Regarding making the gun face sideways though: There's an animation source now that works based on the zeroing settings of a weapon, so if you press Page Up/Down you can make parts of the gun move to match (see the quadrant sight on the GLs) - So I suppose you could create an animation to rotate the forward selections of the CornerShot including the muzzle memory points around the Y axis, using the zeroing source with the controls for weapon zeroing.

The only problem with it is that the zeroing range of the muzzle would change slightly with each increment of the weapon's rotation, but I suppose if you set very small increments in the discreteDistance[] settings of the config, the effect wouldn't be so bad.

My musings on how it might work:

Config.cpp

discreteDistance[] = {95,96,97,98,99,100,101,102,103,104,105};
discreteDistanceCameraPoint[] = {"eye"};
discreteDistanceInitIndex = 5;

^^Assuming you'd have a 100m zero (Index 5 from the array of 11 distance values) as the default zero of the weapon, the zeroing distance of the weapon would only vary by +/- 5m as you rotated the gun, which I doubt would affect shot placement too much.

Model.cfg

class CornerShot_rotation
			{
				type="rotation";
				source="zeroing";            // use first muzzle zeroing for rotation
				sourceAddress="loop";     // loop when phase out of bounds
				memory = 1;
				selection="CornerShot_Front";       // selection we want to rotate
				axis="CornerShot_axis";                  // has its own axis
				minValue=0;
				maxValue=10;      // this weapon has array with 11 distances
				angle0="rad -90";    // selection is rotated -90 degrees when zeroed to 95m
				angle1="rad 90";    // selection is rotated +90 degrees when zeroed to 105m
			};

^^Would give rotation increments of 18 degrees for each zeroing setting - increase the number of discreteDistance values in the config array and maxValue= setting in the model.cfg for smaller increments.

Edited by da12thMonkey

I would like to see a XK2 Black Panther tank in a green camo when tanks will be released

lets look on this from other perspective..

we are aproaching the corner...scrol the wheel and chose desired side. and camera will be deployed then adjust on corner, move mouse and aim over camera and caracter making smal adjustments with our movment so if the gun is pointing left if we move mouse up gun wil go up..move mouse to right gun go right...youst from player perspective caracter will nead to have hand animations for moving the corner shoot

this is how i think about this..i hope someone will try to make this.. it sound realy good.

lets look on this from other perspective..

we are aproaching the corner...scrol the wheel and chose desired side. and camera will be deployed then adjust on corner, move mouse and aim over camera and caracter making smal adjustments with our movment so if the gun is pointing left if we move mouse up gun wil go up..move mouse to right gun go right...youst from player perspective caracter will nead to have hand animations for moving the corner shoot

As far as I know, what you are suggesting is impossible. I don't think you can bind the mouse to scripted movements.

this is how i think about this..i hope someone will try to make this.. it sound realy good.

I think it's not as simple as specifying how you want it to work.

As far as I know, what you are suggesting is impossible. I don't think you can bind the mouse to scripted movements.

i didnt mean on scripted movements. I just mean..when deployed you nead to watch in camera and learn how it works.. :D

I think it's not as simple as specifying how you want it to work.

Yea i know it isnt easy...but who know what he is doing he will get it to work..i didnt say nobody to get it done wright now..lol i just sugested..so if anyone want..i will be glad to watch the progres...

Edited by DevilDogCro
yust=just :D

i didnt mean on scripted movements. I just mean..when deployed you nead to watch in camera and learn how it works.. :D

Yea i know it isnt easy...but who know what he is doing he will get it to work..i didnt say nobody to get it done wright now..lol i just sugested..so if anyone want..i will be glad to watch the progres...

1. You are requesting addons for a game you don't own

2. You are commenting on game limitations you have no clue about.

You made your point, let it go

Hello modding comunity!

BI already made a dream come true by making the MP443 ( rook-40 ) a weapon in the game and the standard sidearm for the red faction. But I would really like to see the FN Five-seveN pistol in the game as well :) I understand modelling and animating a weapon can take quite some skill and time, so I'll make sure to donate a little to your cause should you accomplish this project. I hope €57 is enough for one with a straight triggerguard, functional pistol slide and reload animation :) Functional silencer and underbarrel flashlight would be a plus!

300px-FN5701.jpg