max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

"command station" - basically a room or desk you can sit at with monitors, when you enter it your monitor (or monitors) are changed to a mode where you can monitor soldiers helmet cams and uav. look at nuclear dawn as an example. basically this would give you a large vantage point to orchestrate your troops and would be fun for both multiplayer or singleplayer.

Could some please make some sort of guerilla forces? Ultimately I would like to play a Greek Civil War, with the national army and Golden Dawn guerilla's on one side, and KKE and anarchist guerilla's on the other side. That would be great. But as creating models seems to be impossible at this point (I don't know anything about modding but that seems to be the case), just one faction with guerilla's with guns would be awesome as well. I tried playing as a civilian in the editor, and simply picking up the gear of dead soldiers, but as a civilian you can't give commands to fellow civilians, not even if they are in your team. So if someone could make a civilians faction with guns, the ammo holder of the Opfor forces, and the option to give commands, then that would be GREAT!

some sharks

make a megolodian shark and put a bunch of em in the sea

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

ac130, chopper gunners err maybe just import everything from OA and A2 into arma 3

i would like to see more wild life in the sea, actually like sharks and the most dangerous megalodian shark

maybe add a free running mod and climbing

guys this is a sincere request to make a couple of indian army addons for arma 3.......... a couple of them were made for arma 2 but they weren't havin any special forces units nor did they have any vehicles.......its been quite a while since any dedicated addons were made for the indian army........ pls pls pls der are quite a number of indian arma 3 players and we would love it if u guys can create some indian Paracommandos and Indian Marcos addons along with the ALH heli........if any help is required v are here and would love to contribute in any way possible.......thnx

I'm a mass effect geek, Mass effect armor, weapons and bad dudes.

Then i can fight the opfor bugmen :)

REQUEST FOR MODDERS:

AI moving in "aware" mode keep their weapons up while walking, but not while running, which looks pretty robotic and unrealistic, especially when moving in formation. It would be more natural to keep them down while walking too, like they do in "safe" mode. A patrol walking through a town or a basecamp won't point their guns at civilians or friendlies either. If getting shot at, they will switch to "danger" mode anyway, so no need to aim at each other while being aware.

I'm not used to modding, but i've seen some missions with a function like de STinteract, would it be possible to make a mod like STinteract without requiring ACE2 to run on arma 3? If someone could do this, or even ask dslyexci to modify their mod to port it into arma 3 it would be really nice!

helmetrequestth.jpg

CE%20Crye%20Helmet_01.jpg48103239.jpg

I'd like to request these Crye Associates helmets. They were prototypes for the Natick Soldier Center's Future Force Warrior/Future Combat Systems program back during the mid-2000s, and were featured in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. They are called Integrated Warfighter Helmets. Seems fitting for Arma 3, and would be a nice BLUFOR complement to the Iranian "Bug-eyed" helmets, which are basically the same thing - integrated, networked helmets. All anyone would have to do would be to model the helmets and make some simple textures for them. I'd touch up the textures and get the helmets in-game. Would be greatly appreciated. :)

Note: I'm not asking for a port from the above game. The pic just serves as a clear example of the helmets.

Edited by antoineflemming

I'd like to request a gorilla suit. I know it's kinda crazy and silly, but it would be fun. You could even take the current ghillie suit, change it to dark fur and make a mask.

Anything like this will do:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=gorilla+suit&rlz=1C1ASUM_enCA525CA525&aq=f&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=haBoUcu4OPXJ4APG5IDYAg&biw=1920&bih=955&sei=oKBoUbHHCMXF4APWqoB4

Speaking of deadly valleys, Arma3 should have a knife weapon for killing snipers before they can communicate their positions. The trick is that the sniper model might be catching the wind and be noisy, masking an approach, or the paratrooper knife-squad could have a 'UNique noise ActIvation' script that is activated by 'planning' timer that can be 'activated' at each door, room, piece of cover, etc.. Then bring the tactical flashlight into AI by blinding the player whenever the AI jumps out of stealth mode at night. From what I've seen, the computer AI doesn't usually 'jump', he will stay prone and shoot you. But advanced tactical weapons can force the AI into evasive behaviors dodging very risky player-side tactics. Realistic combat is like that. If the counter-attack is close and the AI unit is in the dark and standing, crouching, the AI could potentially lunge at the player as if he had placed a mine. (Say a CTU was detected by the creaking of a floor, the hostage takers take out their knifes and prepare w/ a 'brandish' towards the CTU in an attempt to knife/flash attack. If you know you're being ambushed, it may prove worth while to set up an OFFENSIVE pos.!!) I imagine the action something along the lines of a 'Take Corner,{1} Knife Button {2} Flash Button.' Also, try to picture this the same as the cutting cord action. A 'Cut Corde' action could be brilliant like in BF3. It would take the offensive flashlight position out of the 'tall stance' in front of a window, to peer into the corner of a room. Arma3 has lean, but it doesn't have "lean-in," or "peer." It's essentially like programming a Walking Stick.

Any realism mod needs a mirror-tool, for sweeping cars, etc., that could be employed to spy around corners with the threat of serious consequences to the player model (i.e. being blown-up).

Campers need to know that if they are captured , the time spent planning their capture will be redeemed as a prize reward somehow by the squad responsible for the capture. Maybe a drop-down ban menu would be useful. :)

This could be used for all types of missions like cutting yourself away from a tree in a parachute. The idea is that landing in a tree with a parachute should not always be deadly, however, unlike in some games, realistically you never make it to the forest bottom. The idea here is to have the parachutes purposefully and permanently stuck into tree tops and eVen glint in headlights.

Also, some sort of modification to the blood animation, like a 3 angle approach has to applied to aim_botting so that you know when you're being targeted in the face and from which relative direction. And modders need to know that chemlights are effin' bright as hell, and that the same animation can be sped up to make debris coming directly from an explosive (about 20% of fatally deadly debris [like parts of cars] ). The IDEA is that if you are looking at an explosion, there will be a price to pay about 1% of the time, and a close call 0.5% of the time ;) Assume they're dumped.. into buildings as "windowholes and trash.

Let's assume you can dodge the bouncing tires.:butbut::j: They bounce once or twice in lines parallel the roads, or fly like trash bullets and

and glowstick blurs. The idea here is to just get deflected by a grenade, except for the movement to be s'w'a''ed towards the side or peered in some die.rection with the walking stick. For the sound, use dripping plastics

Seriously not that hard. You could probably place a heat exhaust at the bottom of a damaged tire to signal it is flat. Don't underestimate the life of a flat on harsh terrain!! :P We know that tires are very sturdy, they stay on the rim, or in the wheel-well, lay-up, or on their side(s) How about showing loss of friction in three stages?

GUYS!!! YOU NEED TO HAVE GRAVITY TUG ON THE ROLLING ANIMATION TO ACCELERATE ROLLING OVER HILLS. MAKE THE PRICE WEAPON AND 1st AID LOSS!!! If you roll too fast, you have to crawl-up a hill, wounded! Without your gear. If you can picture it THEN there is a second animation for a helmet that keeps rolling, it could roll away at several angles depending on quickest path down.

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 ----------

someone needs to tell Bohemia that the chem-lights are really bright and that they have to be shown as orbs instead of just disappearing, I will seriously test and experiment this art if possible, at my own expense. The chem-lights act almost like an arc lamp. Arc lamps should be completely visible across the map. These bright lights even highlight the dew point of the air. A battle seems to persist from afar when a huge cloud drifts over the map......... :(

please put the interactive cloud cover as an orb in semi-disappearing rings around far away battles.

Also with UAVs you needs 3-D radars......

triangulate? :D

Seriously guys, you better effin' prepare or the user friendliness of the map will drive me crazy without the correct tools to take advantage of them and prolong the fire-fights. For example, how is the UAV even deployed? Bohemia is making huge strides with their sandbox realism program forcing people to use big guns, and then tactical small-arms. I don't trust that they understand this very precise weaponry and its subsequent limitations. Really, I wouldn't get excited. UAV to me I understand as a remote control airplane or helicopter, mini. I don't know what to expect.

I can kind of see it cutting at trees. ;)

YOU have to be able to take hostages after a long stand-off inside a building or behind serious mapper cover.

The scenerio: You activate a creeper sound, ever few hundred steps a creak is heard in the building. the terrorist takes out his bayonet after he sees your reflection of a mirror you leaned inside of many rooms searching for enemy. the terrorist moves inside the room silently (almost) with his bayonet open. the CTUs MUST plan using a map of the building, a bluprint. they both have a knife and a really bright and wide light. seens from far if pointed at you other wise a prossecingly agonizing low blur from almost across the map. VERY BRIGHT flashlights can be seen across Stratis as star light. I can prove this to you using realistic specs and astronomy. One says he will take a corner with a flashlight trying to dodging a bayonet attack with his swiftness into a section of the room, he takes the corner and must aim at the enemy, disorienting him, while the other CTU had agreed on a plan to take the far wall, turn around, and use a pistol on the highlighted target.

The hostage situation occurs when the CTU plan a hostage run, which is basically the opposite, the knife or gun takes the corner, and the flashlight or heavy machine gun takes the fall wall. If the terrorist is taken hostage, they can be tortured with hacks, or even banned from the server for wasting time. a mirror has a glean sound

Feeling bad for the hostage, networked, live or scripted player is negated by the very unique sounds which can be heard when a fire-team taking hosties is around.

One of the rewards for doing something obviously wrong could be a vote on how to escape the sandbox. for example, include old rugged maps and models for 5 minutes in a separate game after a entire team is killed, or have them brought to the winner as a firing squad. That should be a group. a hostage with a gun to his head. or knife to his throat.

Edited by birdfleet
WALKING STIk MOD is for clinging to falls and falling into holes!!

As a lot of the things in here are 'interesting' to say the least (I wonder what some people are smoking?).

We need 2 things and only 2 things

1) Better, smarter AI

2) All the things

Now I can live without 2 but I really want 1!

The modding cummunity needs to figure out how to make WINDOWS APPEAR IN GAME. D'uh. a scope?

You can do it by connecting two bullet holes in two ways.

:yay:

Speaking of deadly valleys, Arma3 should have a knife weapon for killing snipers before they can communicate their positions. The trick is that the sniper model might be catching the wind and be noisy, masking an approach, or the paratrooper knife-squad could have a 'UNique noise ActIvation' script that is activated by 'planning' timer that can be 'activated' at each door, room, piece of cover, etc.. Then bring the tactical flashlight into AI by blinding the player whenever the AI jumps out of stealth mode at night. From what I've seen, the computer AI doesn't usually 'jump', he will stay prone and shoot you. But advanced tactical weapons can force the AI into evasive behaviors dodging very risky player-side tactics. Realistic combat is like that. If the counter-attack is close and the AI unit is in the dark and standing, crouching, the AI could potentially lunge at the player as if he had placed a mine. (Say a CTU was detected by the creaking of a floor, the hostage takers take out their knifes and prepare w/ a 'brandish' towards the CTU in an attempt to knife/flash attack. If you know you're being ambushed, it may prove worth while to set up an OFFENSIVE pos.!!) I imagine the action something along the lines of a 'Take Corner,{1} Knife Button {2} Flash Button.' Also, try to picture this the same as the cutting cord action. A 'Cut Corde' action could be brilliant like in BF3. It would take the offensive flashlight position out of the 'tall stance' in front of a window, to peer into the corner of a room. Arma3 has lean, but it doesn't have "lean-in," or "peer." It's essentially like programming a Walking Stick.

Any realism mod needs a mirror-tool, for sweeping cars, etc., that could be employed to spy around corners with the threat of serious consequences to the player model (i.e. being blown-up).

Campers need to know that if they are captured , the time spent planning their capture will be redeemed as a prize reward somehow by the squad responsible for the capture. Maybe a drop-down ban menu would be useful. :)

This could be used for all types of missions like cutting yourself away from a tree in a parachute. The idea is that landing in a tree with a parachute should not always be deadly, however, unlike in some games, realistically you never make it to the forest bottom. The idea here is to have the parachutes purposefully and permanently stuck into tree tops and eVen glint in headlights.

Also, some sort of modification to the blood animation, like a 3 angle approach has to applied to aim_botting so that you know when you're being targeted in the face and from which relative direction. And modders need to know that chemlights are effin' bright as hell, and that the same animation can be sped up to make debris coming directly from an explosive (about 20% of fatally deadly debris [like parts of cars] ). The IDEA is that if you are looking at an explosion, there will be a price to pay about 1% of the time, and a close call 0.5% of the time ;) Assume they're dumped.. into buildings as "windowholes and trash.

Let's assume you can dodge the bouncing tires.:butbut::j: They bounce once or twice in lines parallel the roads, or fly like trash bullets and

and glowstick blurs. The idea here is to just get deflected by a grenade, except for the movement to be s'w'a''ed towards the side or peered in some die.rection with the walking stick. For the sound, use dripping plastics

Seriously not that hard. You could probably place a heat exhaust at the bottom of a damaged tire to signal it is flat. Don't underestimate the life of a flat on harsh terrain!! :P We know that tires are very sturdy, they stay on the rim, or in the wheel-well, lay-up, or on their side(s) How about showing loss of friction in three stages?

GUYS!!! YOU NEED TO HAVE GRAVITY TUG ON THE ROLLING ANIMATION TO ACCELERATE ROLLING OVER HILLS. MAKE THE PRICE WEAPON AND 1st AID LOSS!!! If you roll too fast, you have to crawl-up a hill, wounded! Without your gear. If you can picture it THEN there is a second animation for a helmet that keeps rolling, it could roll away at several angles depending on quickest path down.

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 ----------

someone needs to tell Bohemia that the chem-lights are really bright and that they have to be shown as orbs instead of just disappearing, I will seriously test and experiment this art if possible, at my own expense. The chem-lights act almost like an arc lamp. Arc lamps should be completely visible across the map. These bright lights even highlight the dew point of the air. A battle seems to persist from afar when a huge cloud drifts over the map......... :(

please put the interactive cloud cover as an orb in semi-disappearing rings around far away battles.

Also with UAVs you needs 3-D radars......

triangulate? :D

Seriously guys, you better effin' prepare or the user friendliness of the map will drive me crazy without the correct tools to take advantage of them and prolong the fire-fights. For example, how is the UAV even deployed? Bohemia is making huge strides with their sandbox realism program forcing people to use big guns, and then tactical small-arms. I don't trust that they understand this very precise weaponry and its subsequent limitations. Really, I wouldn't get excited. UAV to me I understand as a remote control airplane or helicopter, mini. I don't know what to expect.

I can kind of see it cutting at trees. ;)

YOU have to be able to take hostages after a long stand-off inside a building or behind serious mapper cover.

The scenerio: You activate a creeper sound, ever few hundred steps a creak is heard in the building. the terrorist takes out his bayonet after he sees your reflection of a mirror you leaned inside of many rooms searching for enemy. the terrorist moves inside the room silently (almost) with his bayonet open. the CTUs MUST plan using a map of the building, a bluprint. they both have a knife and a really bright and wide light. seens from far if pointed at you other wise a prossecingly agonizing low blur from almost across the map. VERY BRIGHT flashlights can be seen across Stratis as star light. I can prove this to you using realistic specs and astronomy. One says he will take a corner with a flashlight trying to dodging a bayonet attack with his swiftness into a section of the room, he takes the corner and must aim at the enemy, disorienting him, while the other CTU had agreed on a plan to take the far wall, turn around, and use a pistol on the highlighted target.

The hostage situation occurs when the CTU plan a hostage run, which is basically the opposite, the knife or gun takes the corner, and the flashlight or heavy machine gun takes the fall wall. If the terrorist is taken hostage, they can be tortured with hacks, or even banned from the server for wasting time. a mirror has a glean sound

Feeling bad for the hostage, networked, live or scripted player is negated by the very unique sounds which can be heard when a fire-team taking hosties is around.

One of the rewards for doing something obviously wrong could be a vote on how to escape the sandbox. for example, include old rugged maps and models for 5 minutes in a separate game after a entire team is killed, or have them brought to the winner as a firing squad. That should be a group. a hostage with a gun to his head. or knife to his throat.

I'm not sure if you know what this thread is for, Birdfleet, but as a mod maker I'm not sure I enjoy you telling me I'd better effin' prepare anything, regardless of what drives you crazy.

I'm not sure if you know what this thread is for, Birdfleet, but as a mod maker I'm not sure I enjoy you telling me I'd better effin' prepare anything, regardless of what drives you crazy.

I'd seriously consider shutting down your freeware and selling this idea to whoever you can... What happens when you capture an enemy with encrypted GPS? Can we break the player and muscle some way to break a code in the GPS to unlock enemy assets and the play mode of stealth tactics? And how will Opfor realize they've been infiltrated, hacked, maybe some artifact animation (Purposeful LAG programmed in game to draw suspicion towards network security mimicked in-game ACE:Arma4) Then OPFOR needs a new GPS computer for every team.

The time of battle is very important as well. If everyone has to check underneath cars for explosives with a mirror on a stick or hand mirror, or dog... then so be it...

I'm honestly replying to your response now. Sorry to alert you, it just seems that Bohemia is really trying to engage with the community with this Alpha version. And people with the brains should start making money off of that. We indeed really appreciate everything you do to keep up with extremely fast-paced games like CS:GO and BF3, which are entirely incompatible with the modding community. We are indeed truly lucky.

Edited by birdfleet
the game is placed in 2030. The gaming community is completely unrealistic. Bohemia is basically right-on.

A few suggestions for modifications of the alpha weapons:

-A second set of black MX rifles, maybe a third set of green ones, with maybe just a reskin/palette swap?

-A DMR variant of the Katiba that matches the MXM as represented in the dev build.

-A LMG variant of the Katiba with a Beta-C 100-rounder, to balance out the 100-round mags any of the guns in the MX family get :)

I'd be quite happy if this was implemented as a mod, but is there somewhere else I would suggest this so the devs might see as well?

Just for an idea on how the last two could be done, put in a proxy of any additional attachments like a bipod, bigger magazine, etc, and then put in a proxy of the gun itself...seems to be a good way to put attachments on, and as far as I can tell it is fine within BI's license :rolleyes:

I'd seriously consider shutting down your freeware and selling this idea to whoever you can... What happens when you capture an enemy with encrypted GPS? Can we break the player and muscle some way to break a code in the GPS to unlock enemy assets and the play mode of stealth tactics? And how will Opfor realize they've been infiltrated, hacked, maybe some artifact animation (Purposeful LAG programmed in game to draw suspicion towards network security mimicked in-game ACE:Arma4) Then OPFOR needs a new GPS computer for every team.

The time of battle is very important as well. If everyone has to check underneath cars for explosives with a mirror on a stick or hand mirror, or dog... then so be it...

I'm honestly replying to your response now. Sorry to alert you, it just seems that Bohemia is really trying to engage with the community with this Alpha version. And people with the brains should start making money off of that. We indeed really appreciate everything you do to keep up with extremely fast-paced games like CS:GO and BF3, which are entirely incompatible with the modding community. We are indeed truly lucky.

what kind of drugs are you on lad?

Troll elsewhere. You're now barred from the thread for a while.

oh oh, one that never got made for ArmA 2. M777 howitzers baby. C'mon, someone has to make these for the US Marine, British and Canadian milsim units.