max power

ARMA 3 Addon Request Thread

i would like to see the challager 2 main battle tank for us baf boys

also more of a suggestion unlike in arma2 would be nice if all the units/aircraft etc had a hidden section if possible

is anyone doing a tws sight? would be cool to have this sight attachment

First off, you can port anything made for ARMA 2 to ARMA 3.

Second, it is unlikely any modder will want to model and design an entirely new Challenger 2 for you.

Third, this is Alpha, we have no idea what vehicles they are adding in yet. It is almost completely pointless for someone to model and put something in an Alpha before they even know if BIS plans to do one themselves.

First off, you can port anything made for ARMA 2 to ARMA 3.

If you have permission from the addon owner, or if the addon license specifically allows for such a thing.

Second, it is unlikely any modder will want to model and design an entirely new Challenger 2 for you.

But maybe someone's already working on one....

Third, this is Alpha, we have no idea what vehicles they are adding in yet. It is almost completely pointless for someone to model and put something in an Alpha before they even know if BIS plans to do one themselves.

I think a list of planned vehicles is on the ArmA 3 website. Modelling or otherwise modding is not really something that's done based on what's already around but what the modder feels like doing. Case and point the M1 abrams mods, m4 packs, etc etc.

i only mention the challager 2 as there are 2 versions for arma 2 the ukf one and the other one both have issues and i wouldnt know where to start to fix those if i had permission from the addon maker to try but it is an awesome tank and i feel should of been included in the baf plc

the hidden section was only mentioned after discovering thanks to the people here that you cant use the hidden section on the mv22

It's possible to slow down the character's animations?

For now they seem too fast...much more near BF3 than A2

The A2 speed it's more similar to reality...i think.

Regards and sorry for my bad English (OT: i should add the last phrase in the signature :p)

Animation done perfectly and reduce animation time is not necessary. What I also want to add, do black and white camera shooter image for helicopter.

<a  href=114.jpg' alt='114.jpg'>

Animation done perfectly and reduce animation time is not necessary.

...I asked if it's "possible" not "necessary"...maybe for you it isn't, but for my clan it's fundamental.

But...hey i don't want to flame: thanks for the observation, i'll try by me to discover if it's "possible"...

Regards

Good news, the developers have stated they will be slowing down the running animation at least, and tweaking other animations in the future.

Edited by Max Power

good idea!

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

One thing i loved about BF3 was the machine gun or sniper rifle tripod being able to mount on a ledge or on the ground. I would like to see the same for Arma 3 it adds suppressive fire for the assault team to flank. thanks

Okay I got told to post here after my other thread was locked -

I'm looking for a fixed wing (any fixed wing) vehicle addon. Preferably a nice modern jet. I really just want to set the level to Overcast, the cloud detail to max and play in the volumetric clouds like this TKOH video

The real Kel-Tec RFB (not the weird SDAR we have right now) that fires actual 7.62 NATO bullets.

b_33c5cba5976e62bd471ae0e534396697RFB_left_6417hires.jpg

Different calibers and barrel lengths would be nice, too. From what I recall it's slated to be chambered in 7.62x39, 5.56, and 6.5 too, most of which are already in the game.

The trees krone must be made broader to hide in the woods from the air strikes.

Okay I got told to post here after my other thread was locked -

I'm looking for a fixed wing (any fixed wing) vehicle addon. Preferably a nice modern jet. I really just want to set the level to Overcast, the cloud detail to max and play in the volumetric clouds like this TKOH video

You are aware this is an ALPHA, and the 2 things you requested are planned for the full game...... I don't see why you would expect a modder to waste time build features the game is scheduled to have......

More clothing for civilians would be nice, also some nice additional civ cars and air vehicles :) E.g. Eurocopter 135, some Volkswagens etc.

AovrPercMrunSrasWrflDf; Found this run and jump vault script while looking at animations. Would like to see this used in the vaulting instead of the slow step-over.:)

Edit: Quick fix. Don't remove vault just add a keybind of some sort for this.

Edited by Nocureheles
Incase of a misunderstanding.

Good news, the developers have stated they will be slowing down the running animation at least, and tweaking other animations in the future.

thanks god, i'm glad to hear this :D

There are a few scripts for A2 that allow AI to patrol buildings if you place the script in the init field of the unit/group, but I'd like to be able to command my AI squad mates to clear/sweep a building by selecting the unit(s), pointing at a building, and selecting "Clear Building" from the menu. The unit(s) would then proceed through the building via the closest entrance and move from building position to position. When they hit the last position, they could just say "clear" or "done" and I could command them to regroup.

can someone make a cruise ship so we can do underpays?800px-Carnival-Freedom-Cruise-Ship.jpg

So, I have two ideas that I would like to contribute.

1. I'm pretty sure that this has already been said hundreds of times over, but I think that it would be good to be able to detach and reattach thing that seem to be static on guns currently, like foregrips, grenade launchers, bipods, etc.

2. I think that there should be something close to a Hera Carbine kit. Something to create a sort of PDW out of a sidearm, and yet still be a sidearm. This would be great for things like CQC, snipers sidearm (the rifle on his back), or even a pilots primary. It could be an attachment that you drag onto the weapon itself, instead of taking over for any other attachment slot. (picture below)

(picture shows a Hera Carbine kit that you place a Colt 1911 into)

hera_arms_1911_carbine-tfb.jpg

Your first suggestion is something that can only be changed by BIS, not modders, so it's best served suggesting that in the appropriate thread (although it would surprise me if the exclusion of such items in the weapon customisation was a genuine oversight, rather than an engine or animation related limitation)

I've posted this in another thread, and this isn't exactly an addon request as much as it is a fundamental game mechanic request, but I'd like to see script/server defineable and controllable chat and voip.

As ACRE has proven having a robust moddable communication system adds a whole new depth of gameplay, experience and immersion to ARMA and I'd like to see this continued. Below are a list of features that I would like to see in regards to communication:

• Dynamically definable channels, with definable name, style (colour), VOIP quality.
  • Dynamically definable channel joining/leaving, either script or user controlled.
  • Redesigned communication UI to account for these changes, along with the ability to overwrite that UI with a custom one

I think extending the game in this direction to allow for scripters and modders to integrate ACRE features into their maps without having to rely on third party applications and plugins would be a considerable achievement.

Edited by Velyks

I am looking for a hero, that would take a heavy task of mapping the Polish prototype rifle MSBS. This weapon looks great in fact i fit to the historical period that A3 is taking place.

Some media on an incentive:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Br70507c24s/TjZkoBFT40I/AAAAAAAAAEo/CzqodWHvchc/s1600/k226588_MSBS%2B1.jpg

http://www.special-ops.pl/images/photos/24/265/__b_so-4-2012-radomska-premiera-msbs-fot-1.jpg

http://cdn.airsoftsociety.com/forums/attachments/f41/1674d1282074020-msbs-radon-fancy-looking-polish-acr-bullpup-1282059409288.jpg

Vilas made MSBS for A2OA, ask him.