Hi All,

I built this a while ago as a small mission for my group at the CPM. The boys liked it so I decided I would put it up as a template in case anyone wanted to use it. It is created entirely from BI or CUP assets and has a fair amount of CQB options.

Our mission was to SDV to the rig at night and infiltrate. AI doesn't like it too much but it's brilliant for curated missions or roleplay (like we run at the CPM) or PVP.

Features include:

• Multiple infil options by water leading to a small bottleneck at the top
  • Offices and pump rooms, for adding your own story elements
  • A usable helicopter pad (Ever tried making a landing pad float.... ?)
  • Immersive lighting for night ops.

Images here

Anyway have fun. And if you like this sort of thing, drop in the CPM at or our teamspeak at ts1.cornishpastymen.co.uk:9993

Click here for Armaholic link

Silos

• Like 4

Thanks! been building it for a while!

found this and its realy a piece of art :)   great job on this,   ( building mission as we speak -->  Altis Armed Forces are calling US SOCOM to help raid a oil rig and safe hostages  :P )

is it possible to copy this one to Tanoa as well ?   would love to see it there as well 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, supergruntsb78 said:

found this and its realy a piece of art :)   great job on this,   ( building mission as we speak -->  Altis Armed Forces are calling US SOCOM to help raid a oil rig and safe hostages  :P )

is it possible to copy this one to Tanoa as well ?   would love to see it there as well 

Yes, you can composition it! Ah BIS you add a such a high potential feature and miss out the share part.  In this day and age! Give us composition workshop support! 

However I've digressed. 

Step 1: Download the mission and open it in Eden. 

Step 2: Select the oil rig and all its parts.  In the object finder (I think that's what it's called,  right panel anyhow)  select groups (or compositions... Again,  fuzzy memory) and the custom subsection. 

In the bottom of the panel there is a weird symbol with a plus.  Click it,  name the composition YourNameHere and save it. 

Step 3: Open up a new mission on Tanoa (or any other terrain with a puddle large enough to fit this monstrosity). Go to the same panel as mentioned above and click the newly created YourNameHere entry.  

You now hold in your (digital) hand the oil rig and may place as many copies you want wherever you so desire. 

Now I haven't checked the rig out yet. @Silos may have put some scripts on there that may need to be transferred to your new mission as well. 

Edited by mrcurry
Terrible formatting
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, supergruntsb78 said:

Was thinking the same as it came out, but it's a NO NO for SP if you rely on AI team. I couldn't get them to climb a stair to get out of the water....too bad, love the rig!!!!

• Like 1

Glad you like it guys, its definitely not good for AI! The whole thing is one massive collection of assets. you can actually select the whole lot and Ctrl+C. Open up any map you like and Ctrl+V and viola!

I've intentionally not put any scripts in so it's as portable as possible.

A couple of things. Respawns don't work on the rig because they are auto leveled to water level. (I've seen scripted or code to work around this but I haven't included it)

It's pretty good for PvP or for Parachute insertion (if you're skillful enough).

Also for night missions, push your dynamic lights settings up to full to avoid lights clipping in and out as you move around the rig.

Link me to any screenshots or videos you make. Happy for it to be used for youtubers, just please include a credit in your description.

• Like 1

On 31-1-2017 at 3:55 PM, zagor64bz said:

Was thinking the same as it came out, but it's a NO NO for SP if you rely on AI team. I couldn't get them to climb a stair to get out of the water....too bad, love the rig!!!!

well then its up to you to free those hostages SOLO RAMBO STYLE :P (just be carefull slicing those corners ;) )

but that isn't a problem as we are used to that with Arma sinds ... well ....ever i guess .. :P 

made a composition of it and it also looks grate on Tanoa and ...well almost all islands with a sea :)

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, supergruntsb78 said:

well then its up to you to free those hostages SOLO RAMBO STYLE :P (just be carefull slicing those corners ;) )

but that isn't a problem as we are used to that with Arma sinds ... well ....ever i guess .. :P 

made a composition of it and it also looks grate on Tanoa and ...well almost all islands with a sea :)

Not very realistic assaulting an Oil rig alone...no commander will allow that...

.However, I can see a "evade from captivity" mission, where you free yourselves from the cell and try to evade thee oil-rig-prison.... a la MGS........

• Like 1

the issue is the non existent/hacky and simple indoor AI/pathfinding. even if he would make a new oil rig model that had path lods for AI. all you would get is them walk slowly on rails. no exciting chases around corners adn stuff.

that's arma.

but. there is always PvP. i could see a mercs vs spies mode on this a la splinter cell.

• Like 2

This beauty is ripe for a demolition mission as well.  I wonder how it would look at night if you spawned explosions at various locations, and ran  a script to detach objects near each explosion.  Would it fall apart beautifully disappearing into the ocean?

Now we need an oil slick dammit...our work is never done!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

This beauty is ripe for a demolition mission as well...

...Now we need an oil slick dammit...our work is never done!

Then you'll have to create ambientalist / Greenpeace faction to protest for it...hahahahhaha

• Like 2

15 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

Not very realistic assaulting an Oil rig alone...no commander will allow that...

depends ... if your general /CO is called ARMA then he demands it as he has no other units capable of doing a job like that :P 

started building a mission for a Spook mission, the oil rig is in fact a secret research base and player will have to infiltrate to get the research data on Project Eastern Havoc (early name for the East Wind Device)  this far static guards are working well (to bad they can't patrol the rig) and looking promising will try to get some screens soon 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, supergruntsb78 said:

...and player will have to infiltrate to get the research data...

Sam Fisher anyone???

I'll Love a SPLINTER CELL style mission just for a change.....

Damn you...now I'm getting the itch to include something like that on a WIP campaign I'm working....mmmmmmm...why did you come up with such ideas?  I hate you!!!:rofl:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

Sam Fisher anyone???

I'll Love a SPLINTER CELL style mission just for a change.....

Damn you...now I'm getting the itch to include something like that on a WIP campaign I'm working....mmmmmmm...why did you come up with such ideas?  I hate you!!!:rofl:

i know..... lots of people hate me :tounge:

was just thinking about that mission, but you can create one if you want :P   mine is going to be part of a campaign i will try my hands on ... its sort of Splinter Rambo Jagged.. thingy i am thinking about and trying to create, starting of at the Rig (but thinking about it is as far as i will probably get becuase i lack the scripting skills to get it up and running :(  ) 

• Like 2

On 2/12/2017 at 6:02 PM, supergruntsb78 said:

i know..... lots of people hate me :tounge:

was just thinking about that mission, but you can create one if you want :P   mine is going to be part of a campaign i will try my hands on ... its sort of Splinter Rambo Jagged.. thingy i am thinking about and trying to create, starting of at the Rig (but thinking about it is as far as i will probably get becuase i lack the scripting skills to get it up and running :(  ) 

Just link us some screenshots or videos when you're done!

It's on armaholic i think

there is a NEW version coming soon also