jakerod

Paul “Bushlurker” Pelosi (1960-2017) Rest in Peace

Personally never had the honor to play/work with him but wenn i see all the reactions from some of the mod/terrain makers he was the 1 person everybody with a question about (terain) development could get answers from.

Guess it really is fair to say: a ARMA community legend has fallen!

Condolences to the family and friends of this ARMA community legend, and a tribute on any of the ARMA games for this legend would get my full support.

• Like 7

Spoiler

Source song: http://chikenn.com/rozne/anielski_orszak.mp3

Come from heaven on the voice of our prayers,
a glory residents and all the saints of God;
From the bright clouds angels come down,
With the multitude of redeemed hurry for a meeting.

Chorus:
May the angelic procession take your soul
rise it from the earth to the heights of heaven
and let the song of redeemed lead her,
Until the presence of Supreme God

Let the glorified Christ embrace you,
He called you into the kingdom of light.
May the loving mother come out
to meet you at the Father's house door.

Oh Bright Christ, the Divine Savior,
the only light that knows no dusk,
be an eternal rest for that soul
let it watch the glory of Thy majesty.

Translate text source: http://www.tekstowo.pl/piosenka,religijne,anielski_orszak.html

• Like 4

It was quite emotional reading some of the many posts on here and reading about peoples different experiences with Paul, but every single post I read it boiled down to him being a geniune honest guy and having the time for anyone. It's always a shock to many when someone passes on. Bushlurker was the "GOD" of terrain making, what he didn't know he would find out and it wouldn't take all that long either. 

when I first started terrain making I remember my frustrations and his amazing patience with me, he certainly knew how to teach and teach properly, knowing that things could be difficult the learner. Without him around now things won't be the same in the map making community. He will be sorely missed, the only thing we can rely on now is his legacy of terrain knowledge by the garbled conversations on skype and his tutorials he put out on the forum. I just recently post one the other day on the terrain editing channel that he gave me one to one help with to do with shapefiles. I still use it today. 

He was true genuine guy and always had time for anyone. 

Rest in Peace Paul "Bushlurker" Pelosi.

• Like 10

Shocked!

He was an inspiration, motivator and always there when i had questions.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

The Community lost a true Hero!

May he remain in our hearts and minds forever.

• Like 6

I'm going to make a suggestion. Could we rename the terrain editing section of the forums in his honour? If not permanently, then maybe temporarily?

It's currently called Arma3 Terrain (Builder). Perhaps something like Arma 3 Terrains, Builder (Pelosi Corner) or Bushlurkers corner... something like that

• Like 11

R.I.P. Bushlurker

All the hard work and effort you've invested for the community will keep guiding new terrain makers yet for many many years.

• Like 7

I never met him but I was an admirer of his work. A True legend in Arma.

May you rest in peace and start your new adventure 

“When we are forgotten, we cease to exist.”

“Therefore you shall always live on in your work“

• Like 9

horrible news, I had some occasions to chat with him on Skype, on addon-making and private stuff, he helped few times our team working on VBS by giving advice when we had some bugs with our islands, 

also he had similar views on some private stuff , 

very sad news , very sad news, RIP 

• Like 11

I was shocked to learn of Paul's passing.  Although we never met in person, we were "friends" on Skype starting in the CWR2 days.  He was always so friendly, responsive, and helpful.  He always wished me Happy Birthday even though we hadn't communicated in a while, even as recently as last autumn when I imagine his health was failing. 

I loved his microterrains, in particular Faffindale, and made a simple little mission for it.  I particularly liked his descriptions of the terrains, which often included notes on geologic history and how lithology influences current topography.  I have spent so much time on his Everon and Malden for CWR2 that they feel like home. 

I will always remember Mikero's effusive praise for Paul.  Unprompted, he once described Paul as the "quiet king of the hill here" in terms of PboPro development.  Mike said that PboPro "was designed around his needs and how he explained it."  So there is another way in which Paul greatly helped the community (we all know about Mikero's contributions).

I just saw this thread today, or else I would have responded sooner.  Paul had a very positive effect on everyone he crossed paths with in the Armaverse, and left a trail of impressive, jewel-like terrain resources behind him, each one demonstrating his attention to detail and eclectic approach that blended information from a diverse background of interests including geology, geography, archeology, and history.  Even his moniker, Bushlurker, invoked a sense that he cared deeply about the placement of every minor terrain detail: bushes, rocks, patches of thistle.  When I desperately crawled beneath a bush in the heat of combat, I sometimes wondered if Paul had been lurking there before.

Rest in peace, mate.

• Like 19

Hi,

Didn't know Paul nor did I ever speak to him but he seemed to love the community and was a positive contributor to it.

R.I.P Paul

• Like 3

Wow... I'm shocked, i just got the news, i feel so moved like one of us died.

I had a chat once with Bushlurker in pm couple yrs ago, very nice friendly guy, played on quite a few of his maps.

Just seen this vid posted on armaholic about his passing, which also has Randy straton, and Planck on it.

We'll miss you Bushlurker!

• Like 11

Terrible, terrible news. I just got word from AZCoder what happened. My condolences goes to his family and friends. I didn't know him personally only throughout his artwork for the OFP-ArmA community although I'm here for quite some time I never had the pleasure to know him. It saddens me to see another great person gone and it is definitely a big loss to this community.

RIP Paul and thanks for all you did.

• Like 4

Everytime i go in my contacts in my phone, i always see his name added via my skype contacts. He's at the top of the list ironically enough.

QiVylUw.jpg

• Like 4

Very sad news indeed, I was also one to get so much help from this guy making my first terrain Island of Nicosia for ArmA 2. I still to this day have all the PM's from him as reference as they were not only 1 or 2 lines but almost pages of text going into so much detail I was overwhelmed, this guy really did like to help even when I was sending PM after PM about problem after problem due to me not having a clue on how to do stuff. I finally got it done though, if not for Bushlurker I would have never released my terrain. You now even at the time, I remember that my terrain was the only one that could work with AI landing autopilot on my airfields and that was due to the massive help on how to do it by Bushlurker.

He will be greatly missed and its a huge loss for the community.

RIP Mate.

• Like 9

While I am less active on the forums for the past year, a friend of mine just notified me of the loss of a dear community member, it is always sad to hear this kind of things. I wish to send out my respect to the family and his closest friends 

R.I.P. Bushlurker  !

• Like 7

I would like to thank Jakerod and all the other contributors to this thread. Paul's immediate family and friends have gleaned succour and have been uplifted by the all kind comments and  the  model tributes to Bushlurker. He would be both embarrassed and tickled by it all. In the early 70s I met this skinny , witty 12 year old kid with a bowie haircut; even he had an eye for detail, patience and a gift to impart knowledge, he taught me how to tie fishing flies.

We have been playing(been addicted to) ofp/arma since 2001, a minimum of 3 times  week till late last year( probably nearer 6 in early years!). Paul and I have had over 15 years worth of  giggles and enjoyment from this game,, he would cackle with delight  from his gunner view from the SUV as it swung 10 feet from the ground as wee flew into downtown Fallujah suspended from a littlebird, the cackle would turn to a snigger if the littlebird I was flying were to hurtle to the ground aflame after some serious incoming. Not content with just playing, he started adapting missions and terrains, his abilities are self evident in the terrains and tutorials online. Paul went one further, he got a job working for the company that made his favourite game, they paid him for stuff that he had been doing for free. Crafty old dog that he was,he would always quote Scotty time for project timescales as this gave him more time to hang out on forums helping others solve problems whilst having a wee play on the guitar.

Paul loved what he did here, in that respect he was a lucky guy. I am not a frequent visitor to the site, this is my first post, despite this I have heard many of the contributors names before, some on many occasions.

Some of the contributions have brought a tear to my eye in a good way, however kiory's statue made me smile,  a comment about buffness made me laugh. Paul could only dream of being that buff.

It has all been very much appreciated by myself and his family.

Thank you all

• Like 15

@rogerbodger, I think all here are indebted to his greatness within the forum community. He put his hand out to anyone and everyone. He will definitely not be forgotten for a very very long time.

Respects to you and his family at this sad time for you all.

• Like 4

Noticed that I actually hadn't paid my respects here.

RIP Bushlurker, your contribution to the terrain community is invaluable and your absence will be deeply felt.

• Like 4