jakerod

Paul “Bushlurker” Pelosi (1960-2017) Rest in Peace

RIP. Very sad news to hear, my condolences to all who knew him better.

• Like 6

RIP Bushlurker, I only knew him briefly but he was there to answer all my questions when I started to play with terrains, he was a kind and friendly person willing to pass on all his knowledge. A great inspiration and a mentor to many has been lost, this is a very sad day.

My condolences to his closest friends and family, and to the arma community as a whole. He will be sorely missed.

• Like 7

I never knew the man, only the legend. And a legend he was, a name that kept popping up throughout the history of Arma.

A tragic loss :( RIP Bushlurker.

• Like 6

RIP, his talent and friendly nature will be missed ...

• Like 11

RIP Bushlurker,it's sad in general when a member of the community passes away.

• Like 5

Very sad indeed!

I wish all the best to his Family and Friends.

(excuse my bad english)

• Like 4

Another member of the "old guard" gone. RIP

• Like 8

RIP Paul legendary "Bushlurker".

I m shocked-i just can't deal with that kind of news...It's always f@kin "fresh"..

:(

• Like 4

I can't comment on his character since I never spoke to him myself, but I knew a lot of people liked him. I always enjoyed his work as it felt natural and alive. Can't do any better than that in my opinion.

Rest in peace.

• Like 4

R.I.P Paul , You will be missed by so many but you left us with so much, you were an amazing, fantastic guy and it's been a pleasure to of known you and call you a friend.

I'll always think fondly of you, you never moaned or complained ever, you were always there when you were needed, yet you never asked for anything in return.

The knowledge that Paul shared will live on for a long time but the Armaverse now has a huge hole that will never be filled.

• Like 6

I didn't know him personally but i always admired his work and his dedication to the community, as most of the old timers i suppose. May he rest in peace.

• Like 4

I didn't know him too well, we talked a fair bit a while ago and he helped me a ton when I was working on making my own map, he always had the time of day to help people out, it's kinda jarring to not have him around anymore. I'm planning on making some sort of tribute to immortalize him within Arma, people like Bushlurker deserve better than just words.

• Like 10

RIP Bushlurker, I have enjoyed quite some time on your terrains especially Carraighdub (sp?) in Arma2. With a Bushlurker terrain you always knew that you would see some bar having been raised and some high quality stuff.

-OP

• Like 6

Aye, A Legend. Godspeed brother.

He was truly a unique individual within the community, and in the world in general. There is nothing I can add that has not already been said, except to say, keep The Legends alive. It's important.

Additionally, I'll share this as I haven't seen it yet here, and I think it is something Bushlurker would want to see: (Mondkalb on Discord)
0a3a36955ae7a1108e94bafa8d80c1cd.png

Honor the fallen, keep the legends alive, and help make new ones. That is what in no small part what Bushlurker, and many others have done in this community. My regards to all, especially the family and close friends of Paul Pelosi, may he lurk forever within the armaverse and our memories.

• Like 14

I can't match some of the beautiful words being posted here about Bushlurker. Myself and my brother absolutely loved Carraigdubh and the fact someone took so much time getting details spot on. That's what I try to capture here, two Irish men saluting the uniqueness that was Bushlurker 

be59ef7f807f48ebb9092b014995a18a.jpg

• Like 23

Ballachulish Welcomes Careful Drivers... as do most other places... especially if they drive on the right side of the road, which is of course, the left side... The right side is the wrong side, whereas the left side is definitely the right side...
Glad that's clear...

Now if only the AI would listen...

• Like 7

I am sad tonight.
Even if you were far away, I have been always thought about you as a friend.
I was always enjoying our discussions about terrain making.
I was impressed by your talent as a teacher.
The last Skype message you sent was to encourage me to find my own new path to Arma3 Terrain Making.

Rest In Peace Bush, my friend, you will be missed.

• Like 13

My heart goes out to all of Bush's friends and family. What a terrible loss. His work brought great joy to so many.

Rest in peace.

• Like 8

man that is sad to hear.

condolences to friends and family.

i can only attest to what others have said. i didn't know him too well personally but i have talked to him a lot about terrains like many others.

he was the kind of guy that gave you a whole essay about all the details of your question and more without you having to push him to.

from that i can say, very sharing individual no matter, if you were an established modder or not. indeed a great loss to everyone who knew him or never got to know him.

• Like 13

Did not know him but thru his awesome terrains and well he's just always been here. Sucks getting old and seeing people that your just used to 'being there' suddenly gone and this seems particularly tragic to his friends and family.

RIP and Bless

• Like 8

A legend is gone...:down:    

Paul “Bushlurker” Pelosi (1960-2017)

dh4pmvP.jpg

Condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in peace...

Chaser

EDIT: Just have had a quick look at the 51 test map...maybe the community can bring this baby to life...

The idea is that all these awesome terrain builders out there could build projects with x-cam with a pre defined object library and give it to person "x" who is importing all the stuff in TB.

Just an idea...

• Like 15