froggyluv

B.C.R Better Civilian Reactions

Forever its bugged me how little AI civilians care or act to violence all around them. As the great playwrite (my wife) always says "Acting, is reacting"

If AI is not reacting to obvious chaos around them -they feel cheap, real cheap like a handme down shoe on a one eyed stripper (NOT my wifes)

A gun in you face will cause a reaction. Period.

This is part of a larger project and I intend to add many more layers such as the degree of the scream matching whats actually happening and it is tied into other mods like Bloodlust. So if they witness a person blow up or decapitate -its freak out time. right now its very basic and the audio is not layered to action very much yet and there are some gender identity issues going on as well.

Inspired by Phronks recent fleeing civilian script which is active as well as TPWs civilians/crowds - i hope to tie these two in as well if they should allow it. At some point i mean to get the 'tension level' of the area, town, village and have the dialogue follow in the abstract at least and I might even go more of a 'Sims' type banter to get around the different languages.

• Like 8

Froggy, TPW CIVS/CROWDS already react to gunfire near the player by running to nearby houses. TPW SOAP also causes screams from nearby houses if there's nearby gunfire. Maybe there's some code in there that will help.

• Like 1

Ha thought i was imagining that scream hehe. Yep the running is great, now im just focused mainly on vocal reactions as well as cowering/reacting when a gun is in their face. Variety is key here to give a more chaos like experience. As far as tying into your mod i would like to time the 'chat gathering' animation with some actual banter as well as hopefully find a way to keep your Crowd pedestrians persistent. Perhaps even assign specific AI to building as their homes and property but thats all way down the road.

Added feature in which civilian yelling draws enemy attention as well as levels of fear from civilian depending on your brutality. So now running around stealth mission with your sights always raised can have consequences.

• Like 2