Hello everyone,

I decided to share a little thing that has been sitting on my hard drive since (I'm sorry for this joke) last year. Thanks to Helijah for the model, I imported the Hornet Auto Gyro in Arma 3. It was a little side project that I did to show, teach and be a proof of concept aircraft for a friend of mine who I am teaching. Started off pretty simple with it belonging to the civilian side. Then, I decided what the hell, and strapped a .50 and 4 rockets to the side of it, with a couple of grenades dropped by the pilot. It has some great STOL capabilities and flies at roughly 80 KM/H in cruise.

Currently the auto gyro is found under BLUFOR, OPFOR, and CIVILLIAN, with it's armed variants under the armed factions.

*Side note* I just realized I left the instruments out. Oops. The three of them will be added shortly :smile_o:

Here's some screenshots of it.

Spoiler

oMsvGpm.jpg

ESIMBz0.jpg

HKXn8Rg.jpg

yoakIrr.jpg

IbKRMHy.jpg

39DnHgm.jpg

Here's a little video showcase of the auto gyro

I won't be releasing it until the friend I am helping is finished with their import of an auto gyro, but hopefully that will not be too much longer :smile_o:

PS, if there's any flight model magicians out there, can you help me? It's a stubborn thing to slow down, and I'm not sure what's causing that. Any advice?

If you have any comments or suggestions with what I should add/do with the auto gyro, feel free to tell me :)

• Like 12

On a side note- I may be doing a tandem, dual control trainer auto gyro in the future. Would anyone be interested if I added a mounted MG (say something 7.62 or bigger) in the rear seat to aim only on the one side, or would you prefer it to be firing from vehicle from the rear seat?

hah,would be fun.But better attach an automatic grenade launcher and wings with 4 RPG-7.Gonna be great gunship for poor nations.It's all sarcasm ofcource.

But if you will do so... it's gonna be lold to fly it.just like camels in ArmA1,but even better I think.

• Like 1

A black one for covert infiltration/exfiltration would be great. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

A black one for covert infiltration/exfiltration would be great. 

Well I suppose we think alike. I've already created one for CSAT Viper. I'm currently at work writing this, so I'll attach an image of it when I get home :)

**ADDED**

Here's the images of the current liveries :)

Spoiler

Viper (Spec Ops)

VFtjFG7.jpg

CSAT

xG3rFjB.jpg

NATO

Xxrz3z7.jpg

Civilian

M81sbz4.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, hnchmc said:

On a side note- I may be doing a tandem, dual control trainer auto gyro in the future. Would anyone be interested if I added a mounted MG (say something 7.62 or bigger) in the rear seat to aim only on the one side, or would you prefer it to be firing from vehicle from the rear seat?

Or you could give the front seat one, just like an a Mi-24 or so?

Something like this

1 hour ago, M4NUM4N said:

Or you could give the front seat one, just like an a Mi-24 or so?

Something like this

That drawing is so beautiful, it's going on the fridge :smile_o:

Anyhow, here's what the trainer looks like (courtesy of Helijah's website)-

m16-splash.png

• Like 2

0fe8e929bcb38dfc8636488132d8d7d8.jpg

I like that one here:

latest?cb=20151121124433

It's from the second mad max film and it is awesome ^^

• Like 2

@in005

Well, if you have a model of that, I'll gladly make it, since my modeling skills are terrible :smile_o:

However, maybe we can arrange a copy of the auto gyro I made to end up in your mad max pack, and have it supported. It won't be exactly like the one flown by the Gyro Captain, but hey, it's an autogyro :smile_o:

PM me if you're interested

• Like 1

Figured I'd give a little update here. in005 contacted me about the little autogyro for his Mad Arma mod. I've made this specific version a standalone from both my planned release of the hornet autogyro and Sabre's aircraft library dependency to be specifically included in this mod. Some repathing and a making a rough texture later, here's in along side some of the other vehicles.

y1Msao1.jpg

I'm going to work on the texture as it's a rough looking WIP thing, and re-map some of the textures (some parts are stretched). I may also do some modeling to make the current autogyro look more like the one seen in the movie, as pictured above.

Keep an eye out, it may be in that pack soon.

• Like 3

On 7/30/2017 at 5:51 AM, Narek Margaryan said:

What's the ETA of this mod?

It's essentially complete, before the Jets update that is. I've taken a break from modding for a bit, and perhaps I should start back up again. I'll have to add in the new Jets additions, which I have some nice plans to incorporate these features, but in the mean time nothing for release. Perhaps in a few weeks, if I can find enough time :smile_o:

• Like 2