Sign in to follow this  
LuckyArma

Anyone know why a force feedback stick has no power

I bought a Logitech Force 3D Pro off of eBay, and it's got no power going to the stick.

When I first hooked it up the stick jumped just a little, then I tried again and it came on, but the stick went all the way right and foward then stayed there.   

I tried setting it up but windows 8.1 wouldn't identify the stick, just unidentified device, so I disabled that one and I tried reconnecting it, then it has no power at all.

Any idea what happened?   Could be the pcb has burned out trace?  I looked but couldn't see anything on the traces, but the backside of where the USB cable connection is pinned into the board looked a little yellowed, but not burned, more like aged glue or something, but not really burned.   I cleaned that up a little, and the connections there look good.   

Maybe a motor burned out, or diode?  Is there a way to check the circuit, maybe a program that will trace through and tell me what's wrong?

Since win7 force feedback has been strange/non existant for me. Even MS own stick is not supported. I guess today it's all about touch pads and rumble game pads... :(