computer

Steam Workshop more than one contributor?

We want to have a mod and a preset for arma 3 in the steam workshop that can be updated by several people from several pc's. 

Can't figure out how to do it.

I don't think this is even possible.
Could this possible be a feature in the future?

I don't think this is possible.

I also think that features which Steam Workshop has is out of Bohemia Interactive's control, it's Valve's thing ;-)

I recommend using Dropbox for this.

Well having a community with several contributors to the mods we have. We would prefer to not be able to play if the "main guy" is offiline. We'd rather have 3-4 people with the ability to update mods at any time. 

I like to think that this issue can be solved with the arma 3 publisher

create a new steam acc, buy one game for it, use it to upload it, share the acc data, activate the various regions people are from

• Like 2

1 hour ago, .kju said:

create a new steam acc, buy one game for it, use it to upload it, share the acc data, activate the various regions people are from

I think the game has to be worth a certain amount to allow that steam feature if i'm not wrong?

Similar to trading bots etc and them all having the one game worth just the right amount.

Otherwise a pretty quirky work around to that lack of steam feature.

10$ is the minimum if i recall correctly. should be possible to google despite steams support site mess

What about using Swifty?

Introduction

Swifty aims to be a simple and no-hassle mod updater for Arma 3 communities.

It doesn't try to do everything, but instead tries to be intuitive for end-users, with short time-to-play, less buttons to press and less confusing menus.

Rather than a common mod repository, it relies on communities to host their own, thus allowing their administrators to maintain control over updates.

Your own conditions

Community administrators who spend their free time maintaining a repository might appreciate the freedom of pushing updates when it suits you best, rather than keeping up with automatic updates in other platforms - which, if you're unlucky, may collide with your community sessions and cause conflicts.

I myself am not a big fan of Steam Workshop, sure, it has it's pros, it also has it's cons, but I'm preferring Armaholic. Of course, that's everyone's thing.

• Like 1

Using publisercmd got it to "work"

But every time an update is pushed through the publishercmd the license of the mod must be accepted by the owner on steam workshop again.

Why not use a generic repository server? You get full control over the data and additionally a file history, so if something breaks, you just revert and done.

Accessiblity. Having our own custom mod with a lot of assets or hosting a different version than the majority using will be an annoyance for people who play more than one servers.

I despise having to have several copies of huge mods like cup terrains and RHS just to pay on 3 different servers. Or even worse have different launchers overwrite the same mod every time I launch the launcher to play on a specific server.

There has to be a standard and I think a good one that everyone can enjoy the best would be steam workshop being pretty reliable when rhs is on it when it gets updated.