Sign in to follow this  
quakergamer

M82a1 barett sniper riffle

That looks great! Also, is that soldier a new model or is it just retextured? It looks excellent anyway. smile.gif

Wow quaker, thats one hell of an impressive weapon, im not posting it on opflash.org smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Oct. 14 2002,20:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That looks great! Also, is that soldier a new model or is it just retextured? It looks excellent anyway.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Just retextured smile.gif. And thanks for the positive comments guyz

I'd loose the carry handle. It looks goofy the way it is, and since it is hinged, it won't stay up by itself.

Other than that, it looks great.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 14 2002,22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd loose the carry handle. It looks goofy the way it is, and since it is hinged, it won't stay up by itself.

Other than that, it looks great.<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe ive added it for more realism tounge.gif And it makes the sniper looks better trust me

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (farside @ Oct. 15 2002,00:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey Quaker whats happining with the site its been down for a few days?<span id='postcolor'>

http://216.157.129.45/opgwc

And on Wednesday, the site will have a new FINAL address:

http://www.roughnecks.org/opgwc

see smile.gif

And also its nice that you guyz like the UK Sas soldier but I still preffer normal US Soldiers or German Desert Soldier

httP://www.multimania.com/quakergamer1/soldier.jpg

Very nice...just remember when you're doing the config, this is a bigass rifle with lots of recoil.

It should jump more after each shot than the M21 or SVD, and shouldn't fire quite as fast.

is it possible so that the barett is capable of peircing things like the the MI-24s' (or other choppers in the game) cockpit unlike what the other sniping rifles in the game cant?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Oct. 15 2002,07:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is it possible so that the barett is capable of peircing things like the the MI-24s' (or other choppers in the game) cockpit unlike what the other sniping rifles in the game cant?<span id='postcolor'>

Yea if i put teh damage tolike 1000. It would be able to kill i n a singel shot the cargo in the BMP (if its set correctly).

But 1000 hit woul;d also kill the tank tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Oct. 15 2002,07:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is it possible so that the barett is capable of peircing things like the the MI-24s' (or other choppers in the game) cockpit unlike what the other sniping rifles in the game cant?<span id='postcolor'>

This is a fault of the ingame MI-17 and MI-24, not the rifles.

They are modelled so the glass is unbreakable until the whole chopper is destroyed.

MI-24 cockpit glass can withstand 20mm rounds so a .50(12.7mm) round shouldnt be able to kill the pilots, this is probably also why bis didnt add a fire geometry

that really gets to me when people get upset because the russian helicopters glass cannot be penetrated, because IT CANT!

but!

american helicopters dont have bp glass so they can be penetrated.

apart from that the gun looks really nice.

I heard somewhere that the .50 doesnt have recoil, that thing on the front makes it so that it kinda pulls you forward. do some more research is my only suggestion. but it does look good.

I think a few Mi-24s were shot down(or one of the pilots killed) by sniper in Afghanistan in the 80s

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xmurderx @ Oct. 15 2002,22:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I heard somewhere that the .50 doesnt have recoil, that thing on the front makes it so that it kinda pulls you forward. do some more research is my only suggestion. but it does look good.<span id='postcolor'>

The nozzel vents some of the gas sideways left and right reducing the recoil, but I would imagine it still gives on hell of a kick.

Model looks great by the way quaker.

The M82A1 has about as much kick as a 12-gauge shotgun due to the muzzle brake. The blast is quite uncomfortable to anyone behind and to the side of the rifle, but not so bad for the shooter himself.

The MI-17 and MI-24 don't use some kind of 24th century Star-Trek glass in their cockpits, it is simply a glitch or inconsistency of the OFP/model design.

Yes, the MI-24 has possibly the best protected cockpit of any chopper IRL, but it is not indestructable.

And then, how do you explain the MI-17, hmmm?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xmurderx @ Oct. 15 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that really gets to me when people get upset because the russian helicopters glass cannot be penetrated, because IT CANT!

but!

american helicopters dont have bp glass so they can be penetrated.

apart from that the gun looks really nice.

I heard somewhere that the .50 doesnt have recoil, that thing on the front makes it so that it kinda pulls you forward. do some more research is my only suggestion. but it does look good.<span id='postcolor'>

i wasn't getting upset about anything. i was merly asking a question.

Nice model, but if any single weapon has been done to death, it is definitely the Barret. Good work, but maybe you could pick something else 6 other people haven't already made next time?

True tex but the barret is a fav of mine so i have to admit this looks like one of the best ive seen!

Kevin

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 16 2002,02:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice model, but if any single weapon has been done to death, it is definitely the Barret. Good work, but maybe you could pick something else 6 other people haven't already made next time?<span id='postcolor'>

Ive made thsi barett for my MOD that will come out this weeked smile.gif

Im sure u guyz will ike the otehr snipers or mgun biggrin.gif