Sign in to follow this  
cam0flage

An-124 antonov screenshots at ofp-zone.de

If you haven't seen them already, better head to www.ofp-zone.de and check out the screenshots of the Antonov. According to the site it will be out this week (don't take my word on it, I read the news in german).

One picture shows a scud launcher being unloaded from Antonov, I'm not that familiar with the limitations of the OFP engine, but I thought it was impossible to load vehicles into planes or ships?

Anyway, I just have to admire the detail of the plane, especially the cargo bay. Looks like you can open the cargo bay doors on both sides, front and back.

Can't wait for this addon getting released! Finally something to counter the C-17 smile.gif

Original eMail Text:

"I thought I'd check to see if you would be interested in hosting my Antonov 124 that I have been making for OFP since before Oxygen came out. It is two models, one flyable one that works with all OFP versions, and one static open one that you can drive through. If you have room ( it is big, about 9mb), I'll send it to you when it is done (this weekend or sooner).

Here a a few pics, and you can see more pics, at www.simnet.is/konyak/temp/An1.jpg (there are 8 pics there, so change the number for more pics) "

The 3 screens on the page have been in email and I think they are the best ones...

And you can drive vehicles on other ones but can´t transport them

oh my got! looks very very nice

but it looks like the landign gear is not working sad.gif

but it would be a great addon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Oct. 16 2002,22:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you haven't seen them already, better head to www.ofp-zone.de and check out the screenshots of the Antonov. According to the site it will be out this week (don't take my word on it, I read the news in german).

One picture shows a scud launcher being unloaded from Antonov, I'm not that familiar with the limitations of the OFP engine, but I thought it was impossible to load vehicles into planes or ships?

Anyway, I just have to admire the detail of the plane, especially the cargo bay. Looks like you can open the cargo bay doors on both sides, front and back.

Can't wait for this addon getting released! Finally something to counter the C-17 smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

n/m post, somebody mentioned it

hey Konyak, if your current antonov goes well when it gets released, maybe you could make the even BIGGER antonov. the Antonov An-225 Mryia smile.gif  

934048%20An-225%20right%20front%20in%20flight%20card%20sample%20m.jpg

934075%20An-225%20left%20front%20in%20flight%20card%20sample%20m.jpg

891809%20An-225%20Buran%20card%20sample%20m.jpg i think the chopper next to it is that Mi26, and some of you thought THAT was big!

link wow.gif

wow... great addon, great work

..dont know if its useful for ofp but it definitly looks great and will be fun to play with

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> i think the chopper next to it is that Mi26, and some of you thought THAT was big!<span id='postcolor'>

btw: the chopper is a mi8/17... its not one of those really big mi26 ..but who cares wink.gif

Fuck that thing is large ... looks like you could play some "Zaalvoetbal" (indoor soccer) in there smile.gif

I was so exited then I saw the SCUd being loaded into the Antonov. But now Im told that you cant transport vehicles with it?? Isnt the 1.85 patch going to fix this? So that vehicles inside other units are not going to just slide away? So that we can make boats with cargo hulls for vehicles, Carriers that can ship planes and men and, hech, trailers that can carry tanks?

Or it this just an illusion? An impossible dream that only OFP 2 may be able to fix? It some of the above it totally impossible with the newest pathes, then......... sad.gif ...my dreams are crushed....

I think the ramp version is a static object (good for cutscenes, airport missions or mission starts), and the flyable version will just carry loads of infantry.

Nice to see good reaction, and I'm sorry some thought I'd miraculously overcome one of OFP's biggest shortcomings. No, you cannot drive into it, close the ramp and take off as IRL. BUT, it should be usable for talented mission makers to combine the two models and switch one for the other at the right time and thus actually transport things.

I could have made the ramps animated, but it would mean two versions of the model, another for OFP:R, and it wouldn't really change much in terms of usability. But it would be cool to see, and since I made the damn thing because it would be cool to see, I will probably make parts animated later.

As soon as I get the sound right, I will release it as is.

Regards,

Konyak.

BTW, for the Germans out there.. What does "Hammergeile" mean?? smile.gif

This IS the BEST addon ive ever seen. It realy looks like the an-124, not some retarded version of it. and the textures are the best ive seen so far on any type of addon for OFP. I think BIS should pay him for it.

Well done.

deadsoldier

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Konyak-2 @ Oct. 17 2002,19:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice to see good reaction, and I'm sorry some thought I'd miraculously overcome one of OFP's biggest shortcomings.  No, you cannot drive into it, close the ramp and take off as IRL.  BUT, it should be usable for talented mission makers to combine the two models and switch one for the other at the right time and thus actually transport things.  

I could have made the ramps animated, but it would mean two versions of the model, another for OFP:R, and it wouldn't really change much in terms of usability.   But it would be cool to see, and since I made the damn thing because it would be cool to see, I will probably make parts animated later.  

As soon as I get the sound right, I will release it as is.

Regards,

Konyak.

BTW, for the Germans out there.. What does "Hammergeile" mean?? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Still not though with my question of one of OFP biggest shortcommings, transporation of vehicles inside other vehicles. Do you think that this is something that it is possible to fix in a later patch bye the BIS guys? Or it is most likely beyound what is possible with the engine?

But it was thinking, a heli can transport soldiers because you have inserted proxys for each soldier position. And why cant we have, like cars as proxys? Like you drive close to the plane, near a named vertex in the Memory LOD just like soldiers and then, magically the car is inserted in a vehicle slot (proxy position) and all units in the car are trown out (maybe left behind by the entering vertex position? (or better, still be able to sit inside the vehicle and stay there, because its a proxy position in the car.

So not just drive a vehicle onboard, park it anywhere and expect it not to fly off one airborne. But a proper secured "parking space" like soldier proxys are?

...or Im I totally lost here....Please answer this, its important. Or give me mail adress to someone who can answer. Untill I

Now Im back to my car-ferry model..............(untill someone close to BIS tell me that it just aint possible, Im living in denial!wink.gif

brsseb

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Oct. 17 2002,00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey Konyak, if your current antonov goes well when it gets released, maybe you could make the even BIGGER antonov. the Antonov An-225 Mryia smile.gif  <span id='postcolor'>

Hey Red,

I'm aware of the possibility to make some changes that turn it into the Mryia, and I've toyed with doing it. Right now though, I'm a little reluctant to doing so, because I've worked so hard on the Ruslan, that if I did do the Mryia, it'd detract from it, because it's bigger, but it wont be made with as much care. We'll, see.. yeah I'll probably do it, but before I do, I have to make one model that I have complete access to textures for, and is not such a hassle to make smile.gif

I have had a problem with the sounds on the plane, and I have started to think that my problem is in the StuffPBO I have.. version 1.0 and anything I stuff with it, the sound is screwy.. can anyone confirm this??

Konyak

PS: Good to hear Hammergeile is positive, but what does it "mean" smile.gif

"Hammergeil" is a mix of two words:

Hammer = Hammer

Geil = cool [coll.]

horny adj.

lewd adj.

lustful adj.

prurient

randy

salacious adj.

voluptuous adj.

So try to imagine what it could mean! wink.gif

PSC

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Oct. 17 2002,00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey Konyak, if your current antonov goes well when it gets released, maybe you could make the even BIGGER antonov. the Antonov An-225 Mryia smile.gif  

891809%20An-225%20Buran%20card%20sample%20m.jpg i think the chopper next to it is that Mi26, and some of you thought THAT was big!

link wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The thing on the back of the AN is the russian counterpart of the US Space Shuttle, called "Buran" (Snowstorm) - but after the first test flight they cut the funds of it and so the project fall asleep. sad.gif

More info on the Buran

Buran on back of An 225 while in flight

so what does the cockpit look like? and how come we can't see into the cockpit from the front windshield?

Post a new topic about it in Addons & Mods since it is released now.

Closing smile.gif