Jes McDevlin

[Bug]Eden Breaking Saves [FIXED]

Ever since the update a few moments ago the Eden Editor is taking all of my soldier units and putting them in Map-Cords 0,0,0 IE: lower left corner of map. It only happens after a save, and reload. If you alter then play from the multiplayer menu then it works. I just lost hours of work not once but twice in a row from this on 2 separate saves.

I just got done verifying files via steam, not a corruption on my side, and no changes where made before the update that could or would do this.

Update: Tested and reported from friends; Save, Save As, and Export all affected. All soldier units (unmounted) are moved to map lower left corner of map.

PS: Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but i'm so flustered i cant think straight right now.

Mod List: (With steam page links)

CUP (All but maps and terrain Core)

NIArms Wepons Packs

Eden Enhanced

DynaSound 2.0

Bornholm

CBA_A3

having the same issue since the update saving in any way in the editor moves all my units not in a vehicle to the corner of the map upon reloading the mission in the editor but older saves are not effected have tested this thoroughly is anyone else getting this if so add as much detail as you can here

we do have the 3den enhanced mod and the only map ive tested thus far is altis

thank you for the spam removal

Edited by Zeree

Chiming in to say I've had the exact same issue. Exporting the save with all AI characters in their proper places doesn't work either, starting up the map and they're all at 0,0,0.

Any word on a fix?

Edited by md_geist
Added more information.

so its not just us then do you have 3den enhanced installed (if you dont we can eliminate that at least)...not yet as far as i can see hoping a dev picks up the bug soon

47 minutes ago, Zeree said:

so its not just us then do you have 3den enhanced installed (if you dont we can eliminate that at least)...not yet as far as i can see hoping a dev picks up the bug soon

Nope, not using 2den Enhanced. Tanoa on dev build.

Just a heads up: I went back to the regular release (non dev build) and saving seemed to work in that characters didn't reset to 0,0,0. Not ideal, since you'll have to put everyone back, but that may work.

kl thanks for that m8...yeh its not ideal for playing on 64bit system but if it works il take it lol

5 minutes ago, md_geist said:

Nope, not using 2den Enhanced. Tanoa on dev build.

Just a heads up: I went back to the regular release (non dev build) and saving seemed to work in that characters didn't reset to 0,0,0. Not ideal, since you'll have to put everyone back, but that may work.

Anything to salvage the weeks of work I've put into these maps. PITA but i'd do anything to get this working again lol. Time to get a 32bit install on another HDD and keep my 64 where it belongs on my SDD lol. Thanks a ton md_geist. I'd have figured it out sooner or latter but i was too miffed to think straight.

woohoo thank you very much dev team i can get back to the grindstone :D