8 minutes ago, lumnuon said:

Well I just got myself a nice cold beer and a task for this night. Maybe I can finish a first road network.

Excellent! There is some OSM vector data in the pack, I think it's pretty basic but it helped with the classification of the satellite imagery!

great initiative, i am however lacking the skills so i will follow this from the sidelines.

just one question , is the 1st of april, a fixed date ? because you know 1st of april ...

6 minutes ago, suiside said:

great initiative, i am however lacking the skills so i will follow this from the sidelines.

just one question , is the 1st of april, a fixed date ? because you know 1st of april ...

If the participants come to the joint agreement that more time is required we can extend a month or 2 dependent on feedback!

Had not thought of that! Haha

7 hours ago, haleks said:

That's not it. As Mondkalb said, the way this is suggested will lead to a lot of wasted efforts - map making is not the easiest part in modding, and it is very time consuming.

Exactly this, why should i put effort in something what may never will be played.
Such a project would make more sense with a Team who would like to actually build this specific terrain.

Well this has started out as a very interesting thread :) Quite an unusual one as well. I will move it to the "Addons Discussion" section however-as it is in the "Complete" section now-and there is no completed addon as of yet..

• Like 2

Great. Sounds good. 

I am am going to remove the cash incentive. 

I will be open sourcing more data (imagery, elevation, vector) for the community to play with!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NexumX said:

Great. Sounds good. 

I am am going to remove the cash incentive. 

I will be open sourcing more data (imagery, elevation, vector) for the community to play with!

Data from other Isles or more data from Lampedusa? Regardless a very nice thing to do.

On 1/4/2017 at 10:40 PM, lumnuon said:

Data from other Isles or more data from Lampedusa? Regardless a very nice thing to do.

Data from all over the world!

• Like 1