Merry Christmas!  Development is slow (turns out saving 4k uniform textures and packing 20k terrains takes FOREVER) but we're still working on it.  The new year will bring new adventures, surprises and challenges, along with the proof of concept release, hopefully early 2019.  To show how much we appreciate your guy's support I want to share this with you.  I also want to say how much I appreciate the hard work @bloodwyn1756 and @Luca put into this project.  How they've manage to do what with do with the scripting and terrain I'll never know.

Captain Charles Vane of the Ranger, along with her consort a captured prize the Buck sloop, taking on water on Cat Cay, Bahamas. Mid 1718.

Nassau1715_Christmas.jpg

By the way...it looks odd in this picture, but some pistols used on ships had clips on the side for belts ;)

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Our newest member, Noel, worked on the textures for the English Dragoon flintlock picture, the whole lock, stock and barrel.  Excellent job!  If you're interested in animating it, either the character animations or the lock mechanism when firing, just let us know!

Nassau1715_dragoon1.jpg

Nassau1715_dragoon2.jpg

Nassau1715_dragoon3.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

I think ArmA Maps would be great for this.

LOVED Black Sails! Awesome show on surround sound, cranked up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, michaelsmith916 said:

Is there a download that we could use, of the things you have so far? This mod looks very very cool!:)

It's not release yet.

We're still working on it.  At first we're going to release a Proof of Concept in order to show that this genre, 18th century naval warfare, is possible in ArmA and to attract more developers.  I personally would like to change people's perspective on this genre and reinvent it while at the same time telling the true story of history's most notorious criminals and why they did what they did.

• Like 12