pooface

Does Arma prefer more vertices for roads?

Does anyone have experience using QGIS's "curved" line tool for creating line shapefiles and then translating into Terrain Builder?  As far as I can tell, it makes TONS of vertices and therefore appears to curve out lines for roads, paths, etc.

So far in my project, I've just traced roads with the clunkier line tool, and this creates much less data (vertices) but also sometimes displays jagged/broken roads in TB and in game.

If you have too many vertices for your vector data, it can cause issues with the output of the roads in A3. Better to keep them smooth and only have a vertex when necessary.

• Like 1

I tend to use the polylines in TB. If I come to a bend I use between 5 and 7 verts to create the bend. Most of the the time you can get away with 5 points, you just need to be attentive to how curved you want it. Do you want a slight jagged corner? or more of a curve? Using an odd number gives you the ability to have a centre vertice at the very apex of your bend then everything else gets placed based of that.

1krVvgU.jpg

• Like 1

they get converted into road objects anyway, so use what fits you best, it won't have a effect on ingame performance or whatever